Thanks

drruby

Shiny_Rock
Re: Anyone have a PHD in Geology or Mineralogy and a GG or e

No one?

iLander

Ideal_Rock

Actually, I was in charge of the geology department of a museum for a while.

It was 30+ years ago, but that was my job description.

As for many other posters, some are very knowledgable, and do not need to be a cow to know what milk is.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

drruby|1441119103|3922082 said:
I was wondering if anyone here has a PHD in either Geology or Mineralogy

Plus either a GG or an equivalent?

Thanks

I suggest you search the archives for your answer - I'm sure you'll be suitably embarrassed to realise that you're probably the lowest qualified of us all!

Could we please see evidence of YOUR so called qualifications - the ones that you keep telling us are important in order to give advice?

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

My husband's family own the largest privately owned fossil, mineral, gemstone and crystal museum in my country.

Act like a normal person everyone will welcome you, if you want to sprout rubbish to pick fights with people or say things just to find out who has the biggest dick in the room (or in this case who is the biggest dickhead) find another forum somewhere else and move on.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

arkieb1|1441726184|3924981 said:
My husband's family own the largest privately owned fossil, mineral, gemstone and crystal museum in my country.

Act like a normal person everyone will welcome you, if you want to sprout rubbish to pick fights with people or say things just to find out who has the biggest dick in the room (or in this case who is the biggest dickhead) find another forum somewhere else and move on.

Arkieb you are on fire today! Almost spit coffee on my computer with this one.

drruby

Shiny_Rock

Such venom of hatred is spewing forth in this forum.

LOL

I guess the forum condones your personal attacks and insults.

LOL

Again, so who has the PHD's in related fields?

I don't see anyone with credentials making opinions.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

drruby|1441729625|3925012 said:
Such venom of hatred is spewing forth in this forum.

LOL

I guess the forum condones your personal attacks and insults.

LOL

Again, so who has the PHD's in related fields?

I don't see anyone with credentials making opinions

Let me ask YOU again then:

Why are you so reluctant to post YOUR qualifications? You've asked for everybody else to tell you what they have, well why don't you lead the way and post copies of your Diplomas/Degrees etc?

drruby

Shiny_Rock

Law degrees are irrelevant to geology and gemology that's why.

Plus I don't see anyone else saying LOOK THIS IS ME, this is one of my famous cases in the US Supreme Court so you know it is me.

haha

Why should I ID myself.

I asked in a gemology forum, any real experts here I want an opinion and not stepped forward.

Now a user could say I have a PHD and yes I'm a lettered doctor in geology or mineralogy and I have a GG, now what is it you want to know.

I wouldn't say PROVE you have a PHD, I asked are there any here, not who are you and what school did you finish bottom of your class in.

Now you want me to say WHO I AM in real life?

Face it, you are in lala land, the cyber world and in real life I do law and have for years and I have collected big red rocks over many decades.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

So let me get this right ...................

YOUR degree is in law BUT you think it gives you the right to dispense advice regarding coloured gemstones, rant on about the GIA etc etc

BUT

You think everybody else needs a PhD or GG to give advice on coloured gemstones! That's despite hundreds and thousands of posts and threads where long time posters on this forum have been proved correct time after time after time - oh and let's not forget that there are also a fair number of highly thought of lapidarists who frequent these boards too. I'm guessing you'd question their credentials too because of course they "only" work with gemstones day in, day out and may not have the PhD that you seem to think everybody should have.

LD (PhD, GG, FCIPD, and several Diplomas)
Queen of England
Lady of the Manor
Equipped with a BS Monitor

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

drruby

Shiny_Rock

No that's your OPINION

I have bought gems in large amounts for five decades and my expertise is RUBIES.

I see a lot of CON worship here, the public CONNED by a few elite groups to put value in valueless things.

a. carbon is COMMON
b. GIA creates a false CONcept of rarity to carbon
c. GIA was caught in a major CON GAME by FBI over pay for better grades in 2005
d. AGL was part of a CON game run by collectors universe
e. De Beers cartel is a CON game as well IMO

So someone in the 'trade' may not like me saying how I view the 'trade'.

Now I had some legit questions to ask a lettered PHD that also has a GG some questions and all I have seen is attacks by unlettered people that THINK they are experts.

drruby

Shiny_Rock

LD |1441730933|3925024 said:
So let me get this right ...................

YOUR degree is in law BUT you think it gives you the right to dispense advice regarding coloured gemstones, rant on about the GIA etc etc

BUT

You think everybody else needs a PhD or GG to give advice on coloured gemstones! That's despite hundreds and thousands of posts and threads where long time posters on this forum have been proved correct time after time after time - oh and let's not forget that there are also a fair number of highly thought of lapidarists who frequent these boards too. I'm guessing you'd question their credentials too because of course they "only" work with gemstones day in, day out and may not have the PhD that you seem to think everybody should have.

LD (PhD, GG, FCIPD, and several Diplomas)
Queen of England
Lady of the Manor
Equipped with a BS Monitor

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You know I have a good friend with a PHD in psychiatry, you need to see him if you think you have a PHD and are the Queen of England.

haha

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

2768646-1202189375-t4595.png

iLander

Ideal_Rock

drruby|1441731314|3925028 said:
No that's your OPINION

I have bought gems in large amounts for five decades and my expertise is RUBIES.

I see a lot of CON worship here, the public CONNED by a few elite groups to put value in valueless things.

a. carbon is COMMON

Now I had some legit questions to ask a lettered PHD that also has a GG some questions and all I have seen is attacks by unlettered people that THINK they are experts.

Then WHY are you over in RT pretending to know about diamonds?

Why aren't you over there telling them what a con diamonds are?

I'd like to see how that goes over . . . :Up_to_something:

bobsiv

Rough_Rock
Trade

This isn't a gemology forum, it's a consumers' forum. If you want a gemology forum, check Google for some alternatives.

iLander

Ideal_Rock

drruby|1441731314|3925028 said:
No that's your OPINION

a. carbon is COMMON

If you think all of the above is true, why did you just post this in RT? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I'm looking at bankrolling a minor carbon player to try to find stones to cert at a level DEALERS WANT

This way he can focus on acquiring the most desirable resalable 4C's for dealers as a whole.

Granted most dealers have their 'niche' due to clients and locations, but I would love to see dealers basically give most wanted lists so I can then decide a range of carbon to target.

If you aren't a dealer feel free to put your WANTS here to, maybe a dealer here can then get you what you are having a hard time finding.

You're just being ridiculous :nono: :nono:

drruby

Shiny_Rock

I have no problem backing a hustler in ice

He has a proven business model

However, I'm still not so sure as to how a few things are done, so I'm asking experts about GIA grades

I myself have had no need for GIA to grade CG and I think it's a joke if a dealer gives me a GIA cert on a CG

I usually GIA what did you think this was carbon?

I then say have you heard of Gubelin?

I then say, so did GIA give you a GRADE on this wonderful piece of paper that cost you how much?

Now in carbon the hustler is giving dealers with no certs and paying say 1K for a dog

He sends to GIA and for 105 bucks it's not got a cert and he walks it to the same dealer and says I'm selling today

See GIA says This and That

He gets 2200 for the same stone the dealer sold him a a few weeks earlier for 1000

haha

Now I'm thinking SCALE

Don't buy the dogs but ok carbon 5K range same dealers

fly him all over the country to top exchanges with bags of cash

He certs them and next trip he has 8K to 12K cert stones

It works great with dog stones J/K and Si/I

So why not F VS stuff

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results