shape
carat
color
clarity

Re-Homed Pretties

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
One of my very favorite strands ... Congratulations Fly Girl!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
The silvers look great on you! Congratulations!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
pkinnew|1441153694|3922405 said:
The silvers look great on you! Congratulations!
Thank you, again, pkinnew. You have excellent taste in pearls.

I wore the silver baroque Tahitian strand today. Just love it. It has a more sporty look than the baroque akoyas, which I love. And, the color is great.

Here is a better neck shot in filtered sunlight.

silver_0834.jpg

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Is it me, or do the silver Tahitians almost look pistachio? Tahitians do lean toward greens.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
ennui|1441241755|3922907 said:
Is it me, or do the silver Tahitians almost look pistachio? Tahitians do lean toward greens.
These silver baroques do not look green to my eye. They have some darker overtones around the edges which give them depth and character. These appear to be mostly blue. If you look back to when pkinnew originally joined the Pearl Forum, she said that 4Ranch Girl helped pick out this strand for her. Knowing 4Ranch Girl as I do, she would go for blue overtones, before choosing a strand with pistachio overtones.

Anyhow, here they are next to some true silver-based pistachios. I am pleased because this new baroque strand definitely fills a different niche in my pearl collection.

sitachio_0845.jpg

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Silver usually looks horrible on me but that strand looks fabulous on you, Fly Girl!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
KittieCat, that is a great bracelet. I bet that will work well with many outfits.

Fly Girl, I have long admired Pkinnew's silver baroque Tahitian necklace. I would have been very tempted if I had not just bought silver Tahitians at the Ruckus. It looks wonderful on you – congrats!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Here are my Edison pearls from our Pkinnew's sale, back from my local jeweler (the ring) and PP (the earrings). I'll post an ear shot later, I look far too dreadful right now. :)

black_ed1.png

black_ed2.png

ed_earrings1.png

ed_earrings2.png

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
seaurchin - OMG!!! Not only re-homed but so much improved! I am overwhelmed! Congratulations!

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
That's a great shot of the ring -- it captures the deep blues and purples.
I like the earrings, too. Well done, seaurchin! :appl:

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
The ring looks great, but Oh, those Earrings ... what a WIN WIN !!!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, ladies. I am a happy pearl girl!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
FYI - I posted some better/older pictures of some remaining pieces actually being worn (in most cases !). Thanks for looking!

fel

Shiny_Rock
So I purchased Pkinnew's multicolor 26" strand and sent it back to PP to get it slightly lengthened to 30" and to be "ungraduated". To lengthen the strand I added in some high luster (13-15 mm) pearls I collected in 2011 to make a tin cup, until my taste changed and decided that I really like pearls in strands.

Here's a mockup from PP. The idea is to make a wave like configuration so it can be worn single or doubled, and with the catch in the front or side.

This is going to have an investing catch arrangement that I came up with -- I hope it works out. Basically it uses a watch fob loop and charm. I purchased the strand PK without her Sonora catch to keep the price down.

Just as a reminder -- this is the original strand.

pearl_strand_mockup.jpg

aug_30_2014_pp_strand.jpg

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I missed so much of this post while I was gone..trying to catch up with all the wonderful photos !!

Fel- I love what you've done with that Strand .. looks wonderful and very very wearable!

Sea Urchin - that ring looks absolutely stunning ! I love the way you had it set..no worries about knocking it and having it fly loose..looks beautiful and very stable !!

Fly Girl -The Silver strand...love it. I am a real fan of Silver pearls .. I have so much grey ! Hard to believe with all your marvellous pearls that you actually had a hole in your collection !!

KittyCat - Welcome ! Love the bracelet ... can't get more wearable that a white baroque SS ! Good choice !!

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
Fel: Wow, what a difference the new configuration makes. I'd love to see the final strand when it's ready.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I purchased Pkinnew's Tahitian and WSS strand and bracelet. I'm delighted with them-- thank you, Pkinnew :wavey:

pblackandwhite1.jpg

pblackandwhite.jpg

pblackandwhite2.jpg

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Baby nurse, you're a lucky woman! they look wonderful on you, too. :love: :love: :love:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Tucs! I know, I'm very lucky.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations Baby Nurse! That was one of my very favourite pieces of Pkinnew's and I'm so glad that it was re-homed to you. It looks gorgeous on you!!!

Purranha

Rough_Rock
Oh wow I didn't realize how big & lustrous pkinnew's Tahitian & WSSP strand is until BabyNurse modeled it with neck shot! Beautiful!!!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, cmd and Purrhana!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Very nice, baby nurse! I remember when she had them made, and thought that they were stunning then.

Please enjoy those special, beautiful pearls. I rather hope that you can bring them to the ruckus next summer. I would love to see them in person.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Fly Girl!

I remember when she had them made, too. I think I may have been one of the first people to comment on how lovely they were.

If I get to the 2016 Ruckus, I will certainly bring them. Up until the day before, I had planned to go to this year's Ruckus and then fate stepped in : (

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I am thoroughly enjoying this thread! :appl: Gorgeous pearls ladies!!

cheers--Sharon

fel

Shiny_Rock
I got my restrung now 30" strand.

The catch is a charm and loop that acts like a toggle. It can also act as a lariat.

30_pearl1.jpg

30_pearl2.jpg

30_pearl3.jpg

30_pearl4.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fel,

You and Baby Nurse bought two of my favourite strands of Pkinnew's. I think the re-work looks beautiful on you. I hope you found what you were looking for in terms of a multi colour look.

Edit: also colour me jealous of your slender neck! There is no way 30 inches would go around twice for me!

fel

Shiny_Rock
CMD--

I may have inadvertently cheated on the length. After your comment I measured it, and it comes out to 31 without the extension chain (connecting the loop to the first charm) and almost 33" with the chain added.

So far I have only seen it in fading afternoon sunlight, and indoors, but I am thrilled so far.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
fel|1446595092|3945355 said:
CMD--

I may have inadvertently cheated on the length. After your comment I measured it, and it comes out to 31 without the extension chain (connecting the loop to the first charm) and almost 33" with the chain added.

So far I have only seen it in fading afternoon sunlight, and indoors, but I am thrilled so far.[/quote]

I would be thrilled also. Very beautiful necklace and :love: on you! (no cheating me thinks)

cheers--Sharon

Purranha

Rough_Rock
Fel your rework of the multi-color Tahitian strand is glorious! Very envious of your purchase, too! I don't even think I saw that strand in the initial listing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results