shape
carat
color
clarity

The NEW August Tahitians sale thread

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Re: August Tahitians

Flygirl, I love the variation in the pearls, it's a wave effect in color and shape. Great possibilities to come! :appl: :appl: :love: :love:

Pearly Girls, I feel this strand is a great example how all color and shapes of pearls complement each other. It demonstrates to me that we can take several different strands and mix it up!

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock

Fly Girl, your new ombre strand is gorgeous and suits your coloration very well. :clap: I like it with that top, too.

Kay

Ideal_Rock

Pearlsngems, the necklace for your daughter is stunning. The colors really pop against her fair skin. (Oh, to have a lovely young neck like that again.)

Fly Girl, your “project” strand is beautiful – great colors to play with. Do you plan to keep the ombre pattern when you add the gemstones, or mix the colors all up? What color gemstones do you think you will use? The strand does look great on you as is – you should enjoy it that way for a while. If you do convert it to a long tin cup, I bet it would look great worn together with the silver strand.

CMD, that is a lovely strand of ovals – the colors are beautiful and they really do look quite round on you. Clever use of a bracelet!

Yingh, we need pictures!

Ermit, you really made out big! Love the neck full of pearls! All of your new strands are lovely, but I especially like the pistachio strand and the matching earrings. The yellow gold Blossom setting looks fabulous with the pistachio drops. Which oval strand did you purchase? (It looks like a green one I was considering.)

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

Thank you, ennui, Frost Me, Tucs, and Kay.

I picked up three 16" garnet necklaces several years ago during a jewelry store close out. At least, I think they are garnets. Could be sapphires. Anyhow, the rondelles are clearly from the same batch, but the necklaces are too short for my taste. So, they have been laying around waiting for a remodeling project.

So, how do you like them with the new Tahitians? I'm thinking of mixing the colors up, especially so that I can give the four blues at the back of the strand a bit more play. The rondelles are a sort of brownish pink color, and I think they will allow the Tahitians to be the star of the show. But, I'm not convinced that this is the right color stones for these pearls.

ombre_0846.jpg

ombre_0851.jpg

ombre_0851a.jpg

ombre_0851c.jpg

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Fly Girl, could they be smokey quartz? That was my first impression.
I think they look nice with the pearls.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock

I think they will be lovely against the pearls...will you use the entire strand of Tahitians? My daughter calls my recreations "Frankensteining"...in any regard, I think the best way to see how they look is to play with them! Try the lighter pearls, try the darker pearls and a mixture. Here is my latest creation, with blue sapphire rondelles. I bought the sapphires as a 4 strand necklace from an estate/pawn and took it apart and restrung on bead wire. The clasp is a 14k bayonet, and rather substantial. The pearls are all 8-9mm oval Tahitians. I'm waiting on delivery of the 14k crimps/covers to complete img_2501_0.jpg

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock

Fly Girl|1441399978|3923715 said:
Thank you, ennui, Frost Me, Tucs, and Kay.

I picked up three 16" garnet necklaces several years ago during a jewelry store close out. At least, I think they are garnets. Could be sapphires.

But, I'm not convinced that this is the right color stones for these pearls.

Hummmmm, I not convinced myself Flygirl, I agree to play around with it. The brown appears a bit drab. Do you want it more casual or on the dressy side. I love Moss or Green Aquamarine with Tahitians, Hoping not to offend, I love drab colors!

ennui

Brilliant_Rock

I think those rondels look like smoky quartz, also. They seem a little light to be labradorite.

Isn't the Gellner necklace done with smoky quartz? I know there's one with brown diamonds.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock

I think they rondelles are subdued and would let the Tahitians shine but I agree that it will be easier to see once you start putting them together.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have to admit that I'm not convinced it's the best match, especially if you look at all of the pearl colors. Some blend too much and others not enough. But I also think that those colors suit you and it would look different once the pearls are more mixed and less color blocked. I might want to hold the strand up to some other options to be sure.

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock

Flygirl, I love the the ombre on you as it is.

I think the warmness of the stones will suit better with GssPs :naughty:

BWise

Brilliant_Rock

Kay|1441392446|3923660 said:

Yingh, we need pictures!

Sorry Kay, I didn't receive my orders until yesterday. it took some time to get pictures for bracelet choices. I only had a chance to take a picture of 500-116, before leaving for the beach for the long weekend. Promise I will take more when I get back.

First impression, I like 500-116 although I won't call it multi color at all. It is green with strong peacock overtone, and there is a strong green pearl that is my favorite. Also like the multi color bracelet I got, which turned out to be a good match with my multi color strand bought in China. Going to send back 1164, it didn't impress me, although I will double check in different lights

_34014.jpg

_34015.jpg

fel

Shiny_Rock

Can you show a picture of 1164? I was going to get that one until you bought it. What don't you like about it?

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Fel,

Did you get yours yet? I've been curious!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ying,

Those both look beautiful! I'm looking forward to more pictures!

fel

Shiny_Rock

I didn't get mine yet. Of course I will post pictures when I do.

Kay

Ideal_Rock

yingh|1441493637|3924089 said:
Kay|1441392446|3923660 said:

Yingh, we need pictures!

Sorry Kay, I didn't receive my orders until yesterday. it took some time to get pictures for bracelet choices. I only had a chance to take a picture of 500-116, before leaving for the beach for the long weekend. Promise I will take more when I get back.

First impression, I like 500-116 although I won't call it multi color at all. It is green with strong peacock overtone, and there is a strong green pearl that is my favorite. Also like the multi color bracelet I got, which turned out to be a good match with my multi color strand bought in China. Going to send back 1164, it didn't impress me, although I will double check in different lights

I would love to see pictures of 500-116 on you. I tried to buy that strand, but you were faster than me -- my AMEX (and DH) thanks you, lol.

Kay

Ideal_Rock

ennui|1441468787|3923986 said:
I think those rondels look like smoky quartz, also. They seem a little light to be labradorite.

Isn't the Gellner necklace done with smoky quartz? I know there's one with brown diamonds.

Ennui, there are Gellner necklaces done with smoky quartz, brown diamonds, and a host of other stones.

Brown Diamonds:

Smoky Quartz:

Fly Girl, I like those rondelles, but feel like they suit some of the pearls better than others. I'm not sure about them with the silver, blue and other cool tone pearls. Labradorite might be a better pairing, as it seems to suit many colors of pearls. I saw a Gellner necklace with Labradorite and silvery Tahitians at a local store -- the combo was gorgeous. Of course, there are Gellner necklaces that incorporate 2 or more colors of rondelles in a single necklace.

Labradorite:

Tourmaline and Diamond combo:

gellner_big_bang_40in_labradorite_with_36_8-12mm_1.jpg

gellner_brown_diamonds.jpg

gellner_tourmaline_and_diamonds.jpg

gellner_pearl_style_4.jpg

Kay

Ideal_Rock

Labradorite seems to play well with either warm or cool pearls:

gellner_labradorite.jpg

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock

How great to be able to see Gellner pieces in person Kay!

BWise

Brilliant_Rock

As promised, here are the pictures. I still need to take pictures of 1164 - left it at the office over the weekend.

Sorry the pictures came out so dark, I am still new to my macro lens

dsc03754.jpg

dsc03757.jpg

dsc03771.jpg

_34173.jpg

BWise

Brilliant_Rock

More picture of 500-116

500-116 with a larger near round strand from POJ. Honestly I think the two strand look similar. The peacock overtone is more visible in some lights

dsc03775.jpg

dsc03778.jpg

BWise

Brilliant_Rock

Here is the 35" strand, silver body with pink and a hint of green overtone. I decide to return 1164 because of its similarity to this strand

dsc03798.jpg

dsc03800.jpg

dsc03801.jpg

dsc03802.jpg

BWise

Brilliant_Rock

Thought I'd share some fun photos too:

Here is my Tahitian/black spinel strand, and with its multi color friend. They are from earlier purchases.

And here is my Tahitian lineup:

dsc03787.jpg

dsc03790.jpg

dsc03786.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

Kay: thanks for all the inspirational pictures!

Yingh: beautiful collection! I especially love the shot of the spinels with the colourful strand. :appl:

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock

Yingh, beautiful Tahitians! They are all lovely... Those greens are delicious.

How big are the pearls in your black spinel necklace? Do you find you wear it a lot, or is it a bit dressy? It's in my wish list and I wonder where in my wishlist it should be :)

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock

Wow, wonderful photos everyone! Those Gellner creations are lovely! And Yingh, your collection is making me green with envy! Gorgeous.

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock

icy_jade|1441789525|3925481 said:

Yingh: beautiful collection! I especially love the shot of the spinels with the colourful strand. :appl:

I agree.
I was wondering actually if you can provide a neckshot. Very curious as to how they would look together.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock

Bailey1856|1441815369|3925632 said:
icy_jade|1441789525|3925481 said:

I agree.
I was wondering actually if you can provide a neckshot. Very curious as to how they would look together.

There are neckshots in this topic: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/its-here-pastel-tahitians-and-black-spinels.207719/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/its-here-pastel-tahitians-and-black-spinels.207719/[/URL]

Keep in mind, you may need to get pinkjewels's "black diamond geode earrings," as well, to match. :naughty:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

I wore my ombre strand once and decided that I would wear it more often if it was longer.

So, tonight I cut up the strand and began arranging pearls. I like groupings with different colors and pearl sizes.

There is only one true blue body pearl (second from left in top row of the first and second photos), and I will want it visible in the final arrangement.

apearls_0949.jpg

apearls_0959.jpg

apearls_0975.jpg

apearlsb_0978.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results