shape
carat
color
clarity

Show us your Mrs. Box with your rings!

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
So the light pink is going back for a refund or exchange - not sure which yet. What I don't like about it is the "other color" the velvet gives off - for lack of a better description. When ANY light hits it (my office, my kitchen, sunlight), the velvet takes on a gray/beige dirty fingerprint look to it, as if it's an old box that gathered a lot of dust and slightly turned in color. I know that's not the case since this is new but it bothers the heck out of me. I tried to capture the two colors in these pics. I'm sure there are some big fans of this velvet color, but I'm a one color kind of girl - I don't even like those two-tone shiny nail polishes that can't decide if it's blue or green! :doh:

This first pic shows the gray/beige thing a bit better on the lid.

_33724.jpg

_33725.jpg

_33726.jpg

_33727.jpg

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
Here's a pic of the box top. Maybe it conveys the beige appearance better.

Also for those who wanted to know the box size, I put it next to a U.S. quarter.

_33728.jpg

_33729.jpg

TheMrsBox

Rough_Rock
Trade
diamondseeker2006

Wider bands can fit (as you can see in the People magazine photo). The issue is that they can sometime push the pillow far apart. In that photo with the men's band, I think they got kind of lucky and were able to make it work, but it may not always look that perfect. It really depends on how you prefer it to look. It is always worth trying out and if you don't love it, send it back for a refund! :)

UrsTx

Bummer that you don't love the light pink! We will work on sorting out that two tone issue. We are always tweaking the materials we use! All of the other colors (outside of the two light pinks--Havenheart and Norah Mae) don't seem to have that issue. Return shipping is always on us, so let us know if you want to check out another color in person!

xoxox

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TheMrsBox|1440810944|3920577 said:
diamondseeker2006

Wider bands can fit (as you can see in the People magazine photo). The issue is that they can sometime push the pillow far apart. In that photo with the men's band, I think they got kind of lucky and were able to make it work, but it may not always look that perfect. It really depends on how you prefer it to look. It is always worth trying out and if you don't love it, send it back for a refund! :)

UrsTx

Bummer that you don't love the light pink! We will work on sorting out that two tone issue. We are always tweaking the materials we use! All of the other colors (outside of the two light pinks--Havenheart and Norah Mae) don't seem to have that issue. Return shipping is always on us, so let us know if you want to check out another color in person!

xoxox

Thanks for dropping in! Love the new navy blue box... :love: my Hugenot and Essex need one more friend! :Up_to_something:

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
TheMrsBox|1440810944|3920577 said:
UrsTx - Bummer that you don't love the light pink! We will work on sorting out that two tone issue. We are always tweaking the materials we use! All of the other colors (outside of the two light pinks--Havenheart and Norah Mae) don't seem to have that issue. Return shipping is always on us, so let us know if you want to check out another color in person!

Mrs Box - thank you for the reply. I'll keep checking the site for future releases of light pink options. Also eagerly awaiting delivery of that deep blue box, it looks so yummy!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Ame and MrsBox for your replies about wider shanks fitting in the boxes! I look forward to ordering my first one in the next couple of days!

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My Margaery came in! My first impressions: :love: . I have six of the old boxes, and don't see a real difference in quality between the vintage velvet and the new velvet. It's a bit softer feeling in my opinion, and yes it has a shimmering look to it. The old boxes do have a deeper pile to the velvet but that doesn't bother me. Everything else about the new line is the same to me - shape, size, how well it is put together. I just love it! I can only speak to this color, but it is basically ivory through and through. In some lighting it can take on a slight silvery tone, and it looks slightly gold-toned in other lights. I think it's just the nature of the material. I attached pics!

img_9081.jpg

img_9084.jpg

img_9092.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am still waiting for mine. They're finally scheduled to arrive Friday. Slowest shipping in the history of my Mrs. Box orders. They'll arrive (unmonogrammed) 2 weeks after I bought them.

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Mine is arriving today. I ordered it on the 20th. It's monogrammed. Shipping "should" be next day since I live in the same state and county as Mrs. Box but USPS snail mail still takes forever... It would've been faster if they let me pick it up :blackeye:

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
I got mine today. I noticed a difference right away, compared to the old velvet. I'm not going to lie, I'm definitely disappointed. I'm so glad I was able to scoop up one of the "old" boxes. I also noticed the pile / grain is "off" on the top of my box. Yes it bothers my OCD. I will try and capture some photos tomorrow when it's light outside. I guess I just feel indifferent.

TheMrsBox

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi ame and ocgirl!

Just wanted to say so sorry for the long processing time. We were pretty overwhelmed with orders and although we did everything we could to prepare, we still had to handle a launch that was twice as large as our last one. I think mostly because we've been out of colors for so long!

Two_little_birds: feel free to email us for a free return label. We are happy to issue a refund or send you a box with straighter grain on top. This is a new kink we are working out with production. We didn't have grain to contend with in the past so it's a new issue we are working on perfecting. Sorry you don't love the new velvet as much as we do. :cry:

xsouzie

Shiny_Rock
TheMrsBox|1441265802|3922974 said:
Hi ame and ocgirl!

Just wanted to say so sorry for the long processing time. We were pretty overwhelmed with orders and although we did everything we could to prepare, we still had to handle a launch that was twice as large as our last one. I think mostly because we've been out of colors for so long!

Two_little_birds: feel free to email us for a free return label. We are happy to issue a refund or send you a box with straighter grain on top. This is a new kink we are working out with production. We didn't have grain to contend with in the past so it's a new issue we are working on perfecting. Sorry you don't love the new velvet as much as we do. :cry:

Wondering when the Norah Mae will be in stock again?

The site says it's set to arrive within the week but that was from last week.

I check everyday. :geek:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got mine today and I gotta say that I am disappointed. I am shocked by the disappointment, to be pretty blunt. The workmanship is nowhere near the quality of my other older ones. Glue is showing on seams. Inside at least one box lid the grosgrain ribbon is like, fraying or unraveling, and the cushions for the ring slots aren't padded the same and are crooked and on the ends aren't long enough to tuck in all the way.

Regarding color: LOVE LOVE the navy. So much that I am fighting with myself over whether or not to keep just one of the two even though I'm not happy with the workmanship just to have a navy one.

The emerald one, Ellington, is lighter than I expected and looks almost olive to me. Not my idea of emerald. I don't love that so I may send it back.

The velvet is definitely different. Looking at it its beautiful. The shimmer is nice. The feel is strange though and I'm kind of a tactile person. I'm used to the plush soft boxes and I don't love the weird drag.

I am going to think on it for a few.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
The family less one navy. The purple, light blue and Aqua are older

Differences

imageuploadedbytapatalk1441296213.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1441296227.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1441296242.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1441296252.jpg

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I see what you're saying about the differences, Ame. That's really too bad. I don't notice that with mine. It looks very similar in craftsmanship to the older generations. I agree about the color - that navy is so luxe and gorgeous!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
ihy138|1441297213|3923123 said:
I see what you're saying about the differences, Ame. That's really too bad. I don't notice that with mine. It looks very similar in craftsmanship to the older generations. I agree about the color - that navy is so luxe and gorgeous!
One of the navys is passable, but still not like the older ones. But the other navy and the green despite it's color are not ideal. I am debating what to do with this passable navy. I REALLY wanted this navy one, I mean, I hounded them for months about it. So I am having a hard time returning them both.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm. The differences are stark in your photos, ame.

I was contemplating jumping on the bandwagon and getting a couple of these... but having read through the latest few pages I'm going to abstain until the quality control is back - well, under control. Sounds like it's just growing pains!

Ame, I know you well enough to know that you're a nitpicky perfectionist ::) I gotta be honest - now that you've seen the issues I think you're one of those people who will have a particularly hard time ignoring them! I'm the same way. I would say send it back: it's too expensive to not be completely happy, especially when you know how good the workmanship can be.

ETA: I actually like both "styles" a lot - the older and the newer... and I think I'm the odd one out in this thread who likes the new velvet better :))

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yea you know that I am someone that is probably too picky for my own good. And as much as I love this color, like...love is an understatement, they are probably all going back. I really REALLY wanted navy, but I might be pretty annoyed with time if little things pile on. $75 for something that isn't as perfect as my others though...tough to swallow. And I realize it's just a little tiny box, but it's intended to hold my precious!

The new velvet is REALLY pretty to look at, I just don't think it looks as nice by comparison, and I don't think it feels as plush. The plushness is a huge reason the old ones are so nice.

I do agree that the growing pains, changing of supplies specifically, are the reasons I am noticing the changes. I think they're just overwhelmed with demand as well. Keeping us with people swarming the site, wanting little pretty boxes is not easy, especially right after you've employed a materials change to your product.

I think I'll return these and reorder at a later date.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1441303570|3923189 said:
Yea you know that I am someone that is probably too picky for my own good. And as much as I love this color, like...love is an understatement, they are probably all going back. I really REALLY wanted navy, but I might be pretty annoyed with time if little things pile on. $75 for something that isn't as perfect as my others though...tough to swallow. And I realize it's just a little tiny box, but it's intended to hold my precious!

The new velvet is REALLY pretty to look at, I just don't think it looks as nice by comparison, and I don't think it feels as plush. The plushness is a huge reason the old ones are so nice.

I do agree that the growing pains, changing of supplies specifically, are the reasons I am noticing the changes. I think they're just overwhelmed with demand as well. Keeping us with people swarming the site, wanting little pretty boxes is not easy, especially right after you've employed a materials change to your product.

I think I'll return these and reorder at a later date.

Yeah, I don't have any - new or old - so I'm just going by photos other people have posted. Of course with something like this how it feels plays a huge part in how attractive it is overall!

Hopefully they're able to get a better handle on all these recent changes soon :))

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wish I'd have bought another of the purple ones from last season because it's so pretty.

Oh well. I am good with my 3.

I emailed them to make sure i don't need an RMA number.

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I got mine yesterday as well. I'll post pics and a more detailed review later.
I've never seen the older generations in person so I can't comment on the difference.
I wouldn't call myself a super picky person or OCD by any means but I am not happy with the quality. I'm glad Ame posted the exact same concerns that I have right now looking at my box. I can see the glue. I also have two sides that are showing two gaps (I'll take pics of those). I like the velvet enough to want to keep it but the box is just not very well made for the price they are charging. Mine is monogrammed so I'm not sure if I can return it ;(

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I sent mine back. All of them. Now, if they have a navy one that is literally perfect, I'll gladly take an exchange on one of them, but I sent them back as a return for all of them. My perfectionism is a hot streak and it will drive me nuts.

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
OK so here are some photos to show the comparison (old boxes vs. new) along with the difference in quality (IMO it's less)...

seam.jpg

plush.jpg

grain.jpg

_24521.jpg

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
I love the color, but I'm still debating whether to keep it or not. It was over $100 with the Canadian exchange rate :|

_25556.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
two_little_birds|1441322497|3923346 said:
I love the color, but I'm still debating whether to keep it or not. It was over $100 with the Canadian exchange rate :|
Gah the color is so amazing. I do love it.

Your side view of the pillow cushion is very clear. I just outlined my issues in an email to them because I shipped all three of mine back today (2Navy, 1 green) and wanted to be clear why.

The pillow cushion is definitely not like the old ones--the old ones are very full and stick up over the grosgrain trim. Some of that is probably due to plushness changes in the velvet but it also seems like they used to maybe wrap the whole cushion and then seal it to the edges and bottom of the box and maybe that allowed it to puff up more? I don't know.

But I did outline my issues with the QC on these, and offered an exchange on one of my blues (or both) if they meet my OCD. But the velvet napp is definitely different to me, and we simply can't realistically expect them to have a bottomless supply of antique velvets to meet the demand. That's just not fair.

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Okay here are some pictures. Mine is Nouvelle with with gold block letter A.

Under natural light:

img_1557.jpg
img_1558_1.jpg
fullsizerender_103.jpg

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Under office light:

img_1552.jpg

Bottom
img_1553.jpg

img_1554.jpg
img_1555.jpg

Glue...
img_1556_2.jpg

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
So here's my review:

Color - I do like the color. I feel like velvet in this color is definitely hard to come by even though it's not vintage. I don't mind the shimmer. It's not really my style but I kind of like it.
Material - I've never seen the vintage velvet so I don't mind the new one. I don't need it to be super thick but two of the sides for some reason have "uneven piles." You can't really see them in the pictures because I didn't take pictures of the sides but they are quite obvious in person. They don't bother me as much as the other things I'm about to mention.
Workmanship - This is the part that bugs me. I'm not sure if you can see that both the top and bottom borders are sticking out a little. I didn't take a picture of the inside of the top part but it's the same thing. So basically there are three parts that are not glued well. I don't see this issue with the boxes that other people posted. And of course you can see the glue. This seems to be a more common problem. Another more minor one is the top part of my box is slightly bigger than the bottom.
Size - So I really REALLY prepared myself for this. But when I opened my package yesterday both my husband and I were surprised by how small this thing is!!! I mean this is not their fault as the dimensions are listed on the website. But my ring is size 4.5 with a pretty thin band/shank. I feel like I can BARELY stuff it in.
Monogram - The monogram is nicely done as far as I can tell. I was worried it'll be crooked. It's straight and the gold looks nice.

Overall I am pretty torn. I think I'll like the box a lot more if the sides are not sticking out. The other minor flaws I can overlook. I'm not sure if it's worth trying to work out an exchange with them. I just don't want to get another one and it comes back with the same issues or different issues like monogram not straight or more uneven spots on the velvet.

Vampira

Rough_Rock
Well, my much anticipated Ellington arrived, and the only good thing about it is the color. Otherwise, it's so shoddily constructed that I can't believe it was even sent to me.

The velvet doesn't even wrap around the entire pillow, and the inner corner is fraying.
mrsbox1.jpg

Another view of the fraying and insufficient velvet.
mrsbox2.jpg

On the exterior of the box, velvet edges and glue scraps are clearly visible.
mrsbox3.jpg

The most offensive shot. I put my ring in the box and the velvet around the pillow popped up, exposing the foam underneath. Demonstrating here with a pen.
mrsbox4.jpg

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Omg Vampira I can't believe they shipped you a box like that. I thought mine's bad already.
My mom is a really frugal person and when I told her how much I paid for the box she said she actually thinks it's worth the price if they can have batter quality control. I mean at $75 ($100 with monogram) per box you are definitely paying for MORE than a ring box. You're paying for an "heirloom" piece (as stated on their own website) that completes your jewelry set. If the quality is the same or worse than the FREE ring boxes I already have... Then what's the point?!?? I'm not looking for another ring box to hold my ring, I'm looking for a fine piece to complement my ring when I'm not wearing it!
I sent them an email looking for an exchange. I really want a better made one and get this over with. I almost ordered two when I initially placed my order. Now I'm glad I didn't.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results