shape
carat
color
clarity

2.32ct emerald cut gia cert attached - HELP

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Hello
Ive continued my journey and came across this from a local seller. Its a 2.32ct emerald cut F colour si1. I think the number looks OK but I also know you cant buy from numbers alone. Would any emerald cut experts kindly check out my GIA cert?

I cant load it but GIA is 7196932782 for those who have time to look.

8.64 x 6.45 x 4.25
Ex
Vg
med fluro
depth 66%
table 63%

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Lauren,
Unfortunately, even an emerald cut expert can't tell very much from the GIA report.......you need to love the way the stone looks. There's a lot of variation possible.....corner size, step definition..need to be checked ( by you) visually.

The Medium blue fl should make the stone less costly than other stones with no fl.
The SI1 could easily be an eye visible inclusion- but again,we can't tell from a GIA report.
You need to look at, and love the stone

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Rockdiamond,
Ill plan to have a look tomorrow or Friday. I wonder if its a little deep?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can't get better than 66% for depth. Check that it is eye clean since it is probably not with an SI1 clarity grade and the large size. Cut wise, I am afraid it is impossible to even guess without pictures.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The darned ring is moving too fast in the videos for me to see how the steps walk. :lol:

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone! Vendor has confirmed that it is eye clean!!! I was holding my breath awaiting that! I've attached some pics of stone not sure how good quality they are but would love feedback. I love the l/w ratio. Probably one thing I need to find out is being an F color with medium Fluor - could it be hazy or Milky?

_31434.jpg

_31435.jpg

_31436.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The medium fluorescence is not an issue. It's really too hard to comment on the cut from those pictures. You'll have to judge the clarity in person.

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks diamond seeker :)

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
any other thoughts on these images? Not sure what magnification these are.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just don't think I could do SI in an emerald cut. I can see what are probably crystals, and I believe they would be visible at times. Even some VS2s won't be totally clean. Other than that, it is hard to tell about the cut. I really like to have an ASET image on any fancy cut diamond to show light return and leakage.

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
If you can live with the crystals its a nice shaped stone - not an expert so can not comment on the cut

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Have ordered my own aset scope so will post pics of this once I've got it! I've put this project on hold pending aset - I want to get going again!

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely colourless stone. In real life people don't know if an inclusion is not a bit of dirt. The color will be much more apparent. Most people don't notice jewels only the sparkle. I have been on this forum for years and think the nitpicky things are just that. Really going to stop spending my time on diamonds - there is more to life.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
In one picture it looks really nice, in one picture I am concerened about the facets under the table.

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
I'm waiting for a video so will post that also when I receive!

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
I'm definitely leaning toward this 2.32ct as opposed to the GOG with large table.... It's listed at $21k USD

I'm awaiting video still :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results