shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this 'the one'? ASET included

pktkid10

Rough_Rock
Hi folks - the tireless hunt continues. However, I'm feeling positive with this stone. What do you folks think? The awesome people at b2c have updated the website images to include ASET, etc. per my request. I'm open to spending a little more for a better stone - just having difficulty finding something with the right cut and ~1.15-1.25 length to width

http://www.b2cjewels.com/dd-7457332-1.77-carat-Cushion-diamond-E-color-SI1-clarity.aspx

Specs:
1.77 carats
cushion cut
E color
SI1 clarity
1.19 length to width ratio
Table 62, depth 67%

No visible defects. Appreciate any criticism. THANKS!!!!

realscope.jpg

_33862.jpg

_33863.jpg

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not an expert, but I don't care for the amount of leakage (a lot of white in the ASET). But - these are tricky cuts, and ASET's often aren't indicative of what the eye can see. Can they make a video for you?

pktkid10

Rough_Rock
Thanks, that's a fair consideration also. I can check, or see if they can hand pick a better comparable diamond.

Perhaps buying at a brick and mortar may be best. However, I have yet to find anyone that's receptive to matching online pricing.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMO, that stone has a lot of leakage under the table. If you look at the picture of it (the real pic, not the aset) you can clearly
see the areas of undefined gray under the table that we consider mush (leakage).

You really need pictures when picking a cushion (and asets). That's why it's hard to shop for a cushion at b2c. I'll see what they
have though.

I didnt find anything that they had pictures of that was decent. Without pictures it's like a shot in the dark.

I find their website very frustrating to boot. When you view a stone then press the back arrow the slide bar is not
where you left it. It's all the way back at the top again and you have to cursor back down to where you thought you
were before you viewed the stone.

OK...can you give us your budget and specs? We can look around for you.

pktkid10

Rough_Rock
Agreed, I have found B2C's website challenging, as well.

I'm looking for a cushion cut, somewhere to the tune of 1.5-1.9 carats.

Ideally the color is D-F
Clarity SI1 at the lowest
Cut - the best with table/depth falling into ideal category (61-67% based on ps)
Budget is $12k for the stone
She prefers a ratio that's more rectangular, roughly 1.15-1.25 L/W. However, not a deal breaker

Thanks all for your help, everyone is very insightful!!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
telephone89|1441144204|3922323 said:
http://www.goodoldgold.com/ecommerce/1.55ct-h-vvs2-signature-modern-cushion-diamond.html lower in colour, on the smaller side

THey also have some nice I colours, but that will likely be too low if you're looking for d-f.

Beautiful find! Compare this ASET to the other one - night and day. I know you are looking for D-F, but an H that is well cut (like this one is) will face up whiter than a less well cut one of higher color.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will have to agree. Trying to find a great modern cushion can be like finding a needle in a haystack if you shop at a vendor with mostly virtual listings. I would look at GOG and contact them and ask if their sources have any other possibilities.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
No. I would pass on that stone.

pktkid10

Rough_Rock
@telephone89 and @tyty333 awesome finds! going to look into these and continue educating myself. you guys rock 8-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results