shape
carat
color
clarity

Feeling Down About Past Jewelry Purchases re. Enhancements

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yesterday I found out that my supplier of square-cut detachable earring drops is switching partly to man-made, and I was not made aware. The only indication is the word "quartz." Luckily most of my six pairs of their drops are real except the indigo quartz. Since quartz occurs in nature...I never thought they weren't real. And they are listed in the Real Gems section. I'm kinda disappointed in the company. The drops used to be all real but apparently customers became very angry about any imperfections so they are switching to man-made. I do have quite a few real gemstone drops from them. They are all inexpensive, but still. I ordered some amethyst quartz drops thinking they were real amethyst like they used to supply, and they should arrive today. I don't want them and will send them back, and will also return to my local jeweler the gold hoops I bought to wear them with. Since when did the word "quartz" mean "man-made"? Quartz is a naturally occurring mineral.

This has brought up memories of other times during my fifteen-plus years of jewelry buying when I've been duped. Not often, and not for anything hugely expensive, but still. It's not a nice feeling. I have a beautiful London Blue topaz ring from Macys' set in 14k with diamonds, and some lovely light blue topaz drop earrings. When buying, I was fully aware that blue topaz is routinely irradiated and heated, and I was fine with that, but I am suspicious of those Macy's topazes in case they're coated, or made from powder or whatever. I bought them a long time ago. The ring $300 and the earrings $90.

The biggest deception a few years ago was a gorgeous opal fringe necklace that turned out to be synthetic, lab-grown opal, probably Gilson opal. So not fake, but synthetic. That set me back about $1300 because I also bought the matching earrings and a smaller pendant made of the same stones. I bought the smaller two pieces long before the fringe necklace, and the deception came to light with the fringe necklace, which cost $840. The seller wrote on the receipt "C opal" for "created opal" which gave it away. The store owner insisted that his SA would have told me when we were discussing the sale in the store, but she didn't, and neither did he when he sold me the two other pieces - but that had been about a year before. They did write it on the receipt for the fringe necklace, which is how it came to light. After basically calling me a liar, he did offer my money back on the fringe necklace. I was very flustered and didn't know what to do. I decided to keep it on the basis that it's really beautiful, and that synthetic opal is not fake, and that I couldn't have afforded an opal necklace of finely-matched opals like the gorgeous synthetic fringe one.

I have a lot of other jewelry, and can be confident it's real as it's from places like BGD, Whiteflash, Blue Nile, Pearl Paradise, and my very reputable, established local jeweler. Relative to all that I have, the instances of deception have been small and not too costly.

BUT, it's got me thinking. You just can't trust anything to be truly "virgin" except gold, silver, and diamonds from reputable places. Even pearls are routinely bleached and pinked. I have colored jewelry from sources which I consider OK but who really knows, and there's really no sure way to tell what's been done to it. I have an amethyst ring and an aqua ring, both bought from good local jewelers, but there's really no way to tell what's been done. Frankly, it's depressing. The only colored jewelry I really trust is my sapphires from Whiteflash.

My way of dealing with the less natural stones I have which is basically the topaz, the synthetic opals, and the indigo quartz drops is to put it down to experience and try to enjoy them anyway, since they are indeed beautiful. But this experience with the detachable drops has left a sour taste. It's downheartening to think that colored stones are often so unknowable. I don't think I'm going to buy any more from this point on - I have enough, and I really feel done with the whole color thing, since I'm not committed enough to hunt down the best, and don't want to spend the money on rare exceptions to the rule, anyway.

I emailed Kiki McDonough to find out what treatments their stones have, and they haven't even answered. And there is nothing on their website. I'm sure their lemon quartz drops and smoky quartz etc must be highly treated like the rest of them, but she charges a thousand dollars! At least I didn't get any of those and my drops only cost $90.

I'm really talking about the emotional side of gem-shopping here. Overall, I don't feel as if I lost my shirt, but like any jewelry enthusiast, I've had one or two less than ideal experiences. I'm trying to get over my disappointment about the detachable drops and focus on just enjoying and wearing all the more suspect items in my collection on the basis that they are indeed beautiful, and were priced fairly, just not clearly disclosed.

It's the fact that in many cases you just cannot get to the bottom of what your colored jewelry is, that I find so disappointing.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Re: Feeling Down About Past Jewelry Purchases re. Enhancemen

I completely understand. It's a mind clean thing and very common feeling to many CS collectors.

I think this is a huge part of why we have such a dedicated group of members over in CS. Treatment levels, knowing what has been treated and to what extent, is incredibly important to most of us.

That's why I quit buying commercial grade CS about 7 years ago. I was fed up with the same issues you're discussing. It's why so many of the CS enthusiasts prefer to buy our gems loose from very reputable gem dealers/cutters. This way we know we are getting the best quality gems, and we know exactly what we're getting treatment-wise. Then we have the gems set.

If you're feeling this frustrated, you might be getting to the point where you would want to consider buying your CS loose from the recommended vendors, and then having them set. It's really the best way to know exactly what you have. It is usually more expensive, but you're buying both quality and piece of mind, IMO :)

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks, Katharath. It's nice to receive some empathy. :)

I don't want to go down the route you recommend because I don't want to spend any more money on jewelry - I've got so much! And CS aren't that important to me. The thing with the drops just set off a ton of insecurities about the colored jewelry that I have already. I guess I just have to accept that I'll never really know what went on with my amethyst ring that I bought years ago, or with my aqua, etc. Thank goodness that most of my collection is in gold, platinum, silver, and diamonds, all certified and from reputable vendors. The colored stuff I have is all very pretty, and I only really have suspicions about the items I mentioned above, but it's just so depressing to think that actually, Ring X could be powdered and glass-filled and God knows what, and you wouldn't know. Sometimes I've even asked jewelers and they don't really know, or claim not to.

It's a reminder to myself not to buy this stuff, basically. Like you, when you decided to give up the commercial stuff. I completely agree. Right now, I don't even feel the same way about my whole pearl collection, although they are all from the very reputable Pearl Paradise beloved on here. I mean, I knew that 99% of pearls are bleached and pinked, but somehow today I mind more, after my experience with that company with the drops.

I'll have to work on enjoying my colored and pearl items for what they are - after all, none of them were very expensive, and they are all super-pretty. I guess if I wear them, I'll get my money's worth, right? :)

ETA: There is a kyanite and silver ring in my local geology store (sells fossils, rocks, minerals, and a lot of mineral jewelry set in silver), and they say they are sure it hasn't been treated. I think kyanite is rarely treated. The ring is quite Princess Di, a long large deep blue oval, bezel-set in silver. It's only $140 so I think I might get that to replace, in my mind, the suspicious Macy's London Blue topaz ring.

The thing with the drops has just made me feel really stupid. Even though the company listed them in the Real Gems section and called them quartz, so I couldn't have known. There is no way that they made it clear. But I feel stupid and it's caused me to question all the jewelry I have that isn't metal or diamond!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Jambalya, I can certainly understand why you'd be frustrated with deceptive advertising or non-disclosure of stones being unnatural. I just wanted to say that your older amethyst and blue topaz pieces are probably not fake because the natural ones are relatively inexpensive and plentiful and there is little point in making fakes of those especially in fine jewelry. Certainly costume jewelry uses fakes for those gems, but I seriously doubt it if the stones are set in 14k gold and have diamond accents.

The one thing I can say is that I am sure ALL of us have jewelry buying regrets! Over time our knowledge grows (if we really pursue jewelry as a hobby) and our taste changes, too! So you certainly are not alone!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi Jambalaya, just wanted to say don't feel badly. I'm with DS. It is absolutely a part of purchasing jewelry. We are going to make "mistakes" at some point with purchasing all the bling we do. And don't forget tastes change. Just enjoy the process and wearing the bling and try not to focus on the mistakes. It's a part of the process. Even if you only bought the very top gemstones and diamonds and settings your preferences might change over time. So don't beat yourself up about any "mistakes". You are not alone in making them and it is OK.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Quartz is not man made. It is a mineral. It comes in many colors---> purple quartz is also called amethyst. Yellow quartz is marketed as "lemon" quartz, brown quartz "smoky" quartz, etc.

It is ubiquitous---not rare and therefore in a fair world of jewelry would not be 'expensive.'

Some quartz is more expensive than others: Four Peaks Amethyst is pricey because the mine is about impossible to get to and the mine is closed AND it has a lovely saturation and hue.

So for my geologist husband, he hates when I buy quartz like my Four Peaks piece (18 ct emerald cut) because in his view, its "just" quartz.

I find that amethyst and other quartz in jewelry is COMPLETELY overpriced and ridiculous when you realize that most 'jewelers' pay pennies for it but charge prices in line with semi-precious stones.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

As crazy as it sounds, there's synthetic amethyst even though it's not particularly expensive to begin with.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks, Diamondseeker and Missy! You did make me feel better about certain jewelry pieces and choices of mine. :wavey:

Azstonie - That Four Peaks amethyst sounds delish! Agree about some of the prices jewelers are charging these days. Kiki McDonough charges over a thousand dollars for a pair of 10mm amethyst earring charms! I emailed asking about treatments for five of her gemstones and haven't heard back, and there is no info on the website. But I guess her store is aimed at those who have so much money that a thousand dollars for a low-value stone doesn't matter because the money is just a drop in the ocean.

Chrono - I heard that, about synthetic amethyst. Some people want their stones to be perfect, I guess.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I know what you mean about color stones. I have a little story about metals too though. I am in the UK so over here gold is hallmarked. I went to Florida when I was 18 and we went to an antique fair being held in a large shopping area. I bought a charm bracelet with 5 charms which I was told was 10k gold. I knew gold was not marked in the US but just thought nothing more of it. Anyway back at our hotel my friends mother who owned a bit of jewellery (I really had none) took a look and said the charms were too heavy to be gold. We were in a restaurant the following morning and she got speaking with this local man and I think he had been a jeweller at one time. He said the bracelet was gold he thought but not the charms.

Anyway Jambalaya, here is the emotional thing. I had surely been a bit keyed up about it because my friend said I spoke in my sleep and said something about 'my gold charm bracelet'. Well we decided to go back with it and the one who sold it to me said it was gold but gave me a cheque for a refund. I know now from buying more gold that the charms were green and heavy like brass but at the time I didn't know who to believe and I liked the look of the bracelet.

My friend's mother was a bit worried about the cheque and if I could cash it with me not having an American bank account so she spoke to the receptionist at our hotel who was very nice and agreed with her supervisor that they would or the receptionist would cash it for me which they did and I got my money back.

However the story doesn't stop there. I was wanting to buy something from America as a souvenir in gold to take home. So we were out walking one morning when we came upon this family owned jeweller. They were very nice Italian I think and the woman was stringing beads belonging she said to a customer, great big beads in blue purple colors. She made us coffee even and my friends mum was telling her the story of the charm bracelet. This was in 1981. Now I don't know if she thought on me as young or what but she came with these rope chains which were displayed individually on neck stands and her husband was going on about how good they were and I bought one for $80. Came home to the UK and thought for years I had a REAL as we said back then gold chain.

Now with getting more experience with Jewellery I wondered years ago now if the chain really was gold as seemed more solid than another gold chain I owned and more tightly woven that I felt if it was gold it would have been more expensive than it was. I noticed a string of numbers on the chain with the letters GF at the end of it. So I took it to a local jeweller here in the UK and they told me it was 10k gold fill. So tricked twice.

I still have the chain which came in a little well made pouch and is heavy and I would definitely know now was not gold as I know from my memory of the charm bracelet. I still like the chain as it is a souvenir of being there but you can see Jambalaya in the same way that we are not really told what we are buying. Had I not been so into Jewellery I would likely think I had a bad experience with the charm bracelet but the good folk in that jeweller got me a nice gold chain but that turned out to be not the case. I think I may have overpaid but not sure as the chain seems well made except the links at the clasp seem thin but that family jewellers seemed really fine people. Maybe it was worth the money and they thought I was a young person but none the less they never said it was not gold. Thinking just now I would think after being told about the bracelet they should have said this is called gold fill but a gold chain is available at such and such dollars. Probably as it was back then I did overpay. Maybe they didn't sell much gold I am sure if I went there now I would come away with a different impression of their stock but I thought they were a rich jewellers Ha Ha.

Live and learn as they say :bigsmile:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have mixed feelings about quite a few jewels I had custom made. Hopefully the negatives will fade given time :doh: :boohoo:

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I'm not a CS collector (wish I knew the first thing about it), but I can sympathize. I've made purchases and jewelry decisions that later make me think, "Man, what was I thinking?!" It's just part of the learning process. I try not to let it get to me. I am currently thinking about my latest custom project that I've grown to dislike a small detail. It's all I can think about. It's not healthy to dwell and focus on the negative. It can really ruin how you feel about an otherwise beautiful piece of jewelry or stone.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock

Pyramid|1441144610|3922327 said:
I know what you mean about color stones. I have a little story about metals too though. I am in the UK so over here gold is hallmarked. I went to Florida when I was 18 and we went to an antique fair being held in a large shopping area. I bought a charm bracelet with 5 charms which I was told was 10k gold. I knew gold was not marked in the US

I'm a little puzzled, because gold is hallmarked in the US. Even as "far back" as 1981. :confused:

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ugh that thing with the earring drops would annoy me too. Quartz should be natural, it's common enough.

Sorry that you are feeling disillusioned. If you are very concerned about it sell those items and buy something else with the money.

OR

Most reputable local jewelers can tell you if an item is a natural stone. It may make you feel better if you have your stones checked out.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ennui|1441156366|3922436 said:
I know what you mean about color stones. I have a little story about metals too though. I am in the UK so over here gold is hallmarked. I went to Florida when I was 18 and we went to an antique fair being held in a large shopping area. I bought a charm bracelet with 5 charms which I was told was 10k gold. I knew gold was not marked in the US

I'm a little puzzled, because gold is hallmarked in the US. Even as "far back" as 1981. :confused:

I didn't know that ennui as I have heard lots of people and jewellers say not too buy out with Europe as gold is not hallmarked. They must mean our assay office stamps over here or something, is USA gold tested before being stamped. We have a quality stamp, makers mark, gold standard stamp, assay office stamp and a year stamp on each piece. If I had known back then I would have looked for the stamps.

http://assayofficebirmingham.com is one of five assay offices.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Pyramid|1441236694|3922868 said:
ennui|1441156366|3922436 said:

I didn't know that ennui as I have heard lots of people and jewellers say not too buy out with Europe as gold is not hallmarked. They must mean our assay office stamps over here or something, is USA gold tested before being stamped. We have a quality stamp, makers mark, gold standard stamp, assay office stamp and a year stamp on each piece. If I had known back then I would have looked for the stamps.

I think I can clear this up because I was just reading about this. US gold is stamped with the karat weight of the gold, but is not hallmarked. In this context, hallmarking means the assay office stamps and maker's mark and perhaps the other things that Pyramid mentions. (I have some jewelry from the UK and not all pieces have all those things, but they do have the gold content and the assay mark.) There is no requirement for US jewelry pieces to be hallmarked with these things, just that the GOLD CONTENT must be stamped on the piece. So for example, I have numerous US pieces which simply say "18k." No maker mark or assay office stamp.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium

azstonie|1441145835|3922335 said:
I have mixed feelings about quite a few jewels I had custom made. Hopefully the negatives will fade given time :doh: :boohoo:

Thanks, Azstonie. Makes me feel better about my own bad buying choices!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ihy138|1441149750|3922359 said:
I'm not a CS collector (wish I knew the first thing about it), but I can sympathize. I've made purchases and jewelry decisions that later make me think, "Man, what was I thinking?!" It's just part of the learning process. I try not to let it get to me. I am currently thinking about my latest custom project that I've grown to dislike a small detail. It's all I can think about. It's not healthy to dwell and focus on the negative. It can really ruin how you feel about an otherwise beautiful piece of jewelry or stone.

Thank ihy. I must try not to dwell on it either. As you say, that can ruin a beautiful piece of jewelry.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Stone Hunter|1441160450|3922462 said:
Ugh that thing with the earring drops would annoy me too. Quartz should be natural, it's common enough.

Sorry that you are feeling disillusioned. If you are very concerned about it sell those items and buy something else with the money.

OR

Most reputable local jewelers can tell you if an item is a natural stone. It may make you feel better if you have your stones checked out.

Great idea, Stone Hunter! I might take my Macy's London Blue topaz to the jeweler.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Pyramid, that's quite a story about your two gold-buying experiences! It really is amazing how many dishonest gem and metal traders are out there, and it gives the industry a bad name. The first experience was bad enough, but the second - they absolutely should have told you that the necklace was gold fill. If it makes you feel any better, gold fill has quite a bit more gold in it than gold plate, or vermeil as it's called here, but it is not solid gold and they definitely should have told you that. OK, it was on the tag, but it was not made clear to you before sale. And taking advantage of a disappointed young girl, too! Jeez. :nono:

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes I know. I have a wide band which was my grandmother's with large hallmarked stamps and some of the Jewellery on eBay from the early 1900s has this too. On Jewellery nowadays the stamps are tiny and not so clear, sometimes bits are so shallow you can,t read with a loupe, this is on mid price Jewellery I don't know about high end pieces but I wish they would use the larger fonts again. Of course it wouldn't, fit on the narrow shanks now.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ah, yeah, unless I am buying direct from a colored stones dealer I trust, I assume quartz and similarly-priced things are synthetic, since most seem to be, especially when coming from brands that produce things in mass quantities. If I'm buying from a jewelry artisan at an art fair or something I don't worry about it since I'm usually buying for the look of the entire piece and to support individual artists. But yeah. Under a certain price point I have to just not worry about it.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock

I share your pain in a related way. I'm a beader - have been for 40 years( (since a child), and semi-precious beads are mostly treated and a great many are simply fake.

Tahitian pearls are dyed freshwaters, Amber is plastic (the bug is a big giveaway folks), amethyst is heated citrine, oriental jade (hey that's BC jade folks. I should know, I live here). :lol: Most stones have a beautiful high gloss that looks like a nice polish job but is some kind of treatment that wears off after use. Heck those are just the treatments I'm aware of!

Sure you can try to deal with reputable dealers but it's still hit and miss. Now if I want the real thing (someone's hired me to make it), I deal with as reputable source as I can (some of the pearl distributors mentioned in the pearls forum).

I agree when you say that they are still beautiful and to appreciate them as such. Don't sell them as the real McCoy if they aren't. I guess since the dawn of time it's been "buyer beware".

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium

distracts|1441250625|3922951 said:
Ah, yeah, unless I am buying direct from a colored stones dealer I trust, I assume quartz and similarly-priced things are synthetic, since most seem to be, especially when coming from brands that produce things in mass quantities. If I'm buying from a jewelry artisan at an art fair or something I don't worry about it since I'm usually buying for the look of the entire piece and to support individual artists. But yeah. Under a certain price point I have to just not worry about it.

Hi Distracts, yeah, you make a good point about synthetics and price point. I have to try to remember that none of the suspect items were very costly. The opals were perhaps costly, but I have to admit they are beautiful. And I try to remember that they are not fake, they are lab-grown and therefore have the same structure and same everything as natural opals, but slightly better because they are not prone to drying out like natural opal. They are subtle - I don't think anyone would know. So I try not to mind about being duped - and I WAS duped, by an antique-jewelry store in a respected jewelry quarter. I cannot believe they didn't mention a thing about them being lab opals before point of sale. Even if the jewelry is beautiful and fairly priced for what it is, the lack of disclosure leaves such a foul taste in your mouth.

Macy's still sells my ring so I called them with the web ID number and they assured me it was real. But the pavilion seems to have a thin line of white, so I bet it's diffused or coated or something - not sure if that ever happens with London Blue topaz, or if all London Blue is irradiated and heated, which I'd be fine with. I'm just so suspicious of Macy's as they've had some seriously bad press about their glass-filled rubies.

The Macy's ring is beautiful, though, as are the opals. I need to work on loving my good-looking suspicious jewelry as much as I love my mind-clean items.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Begonia|1441293634|3923096 said:
I share your pain in a related way. I'm a beader - have been for 40 years( (since a child), and semi-precious beads are mostly treated and a great many are simply fake.

Tahitian pearls are dyed freshwaters, Amber is plastic (the bug is a big giveaway folks), amethyst is heated citrine, oriental jade (hey that's BC jade folks. I should know, I live here). :lol: Most stones have a beautiful high gloss that looks like a nice polish job but is some kind of treatment that wears off after use. Heck those are just the treatments I'm aware of!

Sure you can try to deal with reputable dealers but it's still hit and miss. Now if I want the real thing (someone's hired me to make it), I deal with as reputable source as I can (some of the pearl distributors mentioned in the pearls forum).

I agree when you say that they are still beautiful and to appreciate them as such. Don't sell them as the real McCoy if they aren't. I guess since the dawn of time it's been "buyer beware".

Thanks so much for your input, Begonia. Yes, you have to be so careful. The thing I've found a bit depressing about any colored stone is that really, unless you stand in the mine and then follow the stone from the moment it's found and then set in jewelry, you don't really know. I know there are reputable suppliers, but for all we know they could be being duped too by their people further along the chain! I'm quite glad I'm not a real CS aficionado. CS buying for those of us who want stones as untouched as possible just sounds like a world of pain!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Jambalaya|1441304749|3923200 said:
The thing I've found a bit depressing about any colored stone is that really, unless you stand in the mine and then follow the stone from the moment it's found and then set in jewelry, you don't really know. I know there are reputable suppliers, but for all we know they could be being duped too by their people further along the chain! I'm quite glad I'm not a real CS aficionado. CS buying for those of us who want stones as untouched as possible just sounds like a world of pain!

Come join us in CS for a bit and you'll realize that buying a beautiful CS isn't that horribly difficult. There's a price point for everyone, from the $$$$$ to the $, in all range of colours and sizes. Just as in diamonds, lab reports are often recommended for high priced items or the most commonly treated CS like rubies, sapphires and emeralds. Most regulars know which gems are often treated or not treated and there are basic tell-tales characteristics to know be able to guess what you have, but most importantly, buying from the correct source is the safest start and that source is not a B&M store, no matter how high end it is. The vendors we often recommend have the necessary tools and skills to verify the gem type.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks for your advice, Chrono! :wavey: I'm not sure I can afford to join you in CS, ha ha! I have a lot of jewelry so can't really justify buying much more anyway. Therefore I'm not really in a place to go down the well-sourced CS route, but it's good to know that CS purchases can work out. I've been feeling a bit queasy about them since I discovered that my lovely denim-blue quartz earring drops were manmade.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

You want to learn more before even thinking about buying so that when you are ready, you know what you are doing. :))

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Chrono|1441307199|3923233 said:
You want to learn more before even thinking about buying so that when you are ready, you know what you are doing. :))

Definitely, and learning about CSs is fun and a veritable trip around the world. You can also spend your money with experienced knowledgeable cutters like Gene Flanigan and Barry Bridgestock and Gary Braun (there are more, that's just a top of my head list) if you want to be completely safe and know what you're getting. When any of those guys describe a stone's origins and its quality, its going to be reliable and correct. The other rule of thumb is "There's a sucker born every minute." If something seems too inexpensive to be true...

My first gemstone was a spinel. If I were advising someone starting off, I'd say start with garnets or tourmaline.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock

Jambalaya|1441304576|3923199 said:
Macy's still sells my ring so I called them with the web ID number and they assured me it was real. But the pavilion seems to have a thin line of white, so I bet it's diffused or coated or something - not sure if that ever happens with London Blue topaz, or if all London Blue is irradiated and heated, which I'd be fine with. I'm just so suspicious of Macy's as they've had some seriously bad press about their glass-filled rubies.

Yes, it is. It's debatable whether blue topaz ever occurs naturally, and if it does, it will be the palest sky blue. London blue is most definitely heat treated. I remember a big fuss a few years ago whether blue topaz was actually radioactive from treatments. I love blue topaz, so I decided not to worry about it.

If you really want to delve into gemstone fraud, try turquoise. Even museum shops and trusted stores have been fooled.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Chrono|1441307199|3923233 said:

Definitely! :read: :read: :read: :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results