shape
carat
color
clarity

Golden South Sea Pearls – September Sale at PP

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I have been craving Golden South Sea pearls this year, so I am very excited about the September sale at Pearl Paradise. Even though I was supposed to be “done” for the year after the Ruckus, I could not resist scooping up this beauty. :naughty:

10.0-12.1mm Golden South Sea Drop Pearl Necklace, 24k gold color, AA+/AAA :love:

I noticed several other gorgeous strands have been purchased. Please share if you bought one (or 2 or 3 or 4). ;)) :naughty:

5122_1_.jpg

5122_2_.jpg

5122_3_.jpg

Kay

Ideal_Rock
4Ranch Girl is having trouble posting the PP photos of her strand, so here is her gorgeous necklace.

8.0-11.1 mm Drop Golden South Sea Pearl Necklace, 24k gold color, AA+/AAA quality

:love:

5277_1_.jpg

5277_2_.jpg

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
I fell down that rabbit hole after I saw Kay's strand. Just couldn't stand it. The 24kt color is just TDF Lunch with a friend can be dangerous.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I took the bait, you two. Next year we will be the Golden Girls. :clap:

I sprang for the yummy 9.0 to 11.0 mm AA+/AAA drop golden in 22 kt gold color with green overtones. Those drops look pretty darn round to my eye. Of course, what I'd really like is the 24 karat round beauty. So beautiful.

Anyhow, here is mine.

golden6.jpg

golden5.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
And here is what I absolutely drool over. Wow. I hope some lucky lady picks this 24 karat golden round beauty up. The luster and overtones are amazing. 10-12.5 mm round golden strand with sharp luster and green overtones.

roundbeautyc.jpg

roundbeautyclose.jpg

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl|1441143626|3922312 said:
I took the bait, you two. Next year we will be the Golden Girls. :clap:

Yay! This year we had the Pistachio room, next year it will have to be the Golden room. :appl:

I love the strand you chose. I looked at that one too -- the pearls look pretty close to round to me, and with beautiful overtones. :love: :D

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Stunning choices ladies ... Congratulations all!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
The golden girls it is :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: Fly Girl I am thrilled for you. Here is a picture of me with Kay's necklace on. When I held them up to my neck I fell in love with the color and knew I NEEDED to have a strand of these.

img_9147.jpg

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Lunch with Kay was so much fun playing pearls and got me in so much trouble. As you can see her strand looks good on black and white.

img_9149.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
The color looks fabulous on you 4Ranch Girl. :love:

You were made to wear goldens! And, there is a reason gold has been such a popular color for all of recorded history.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Another picture that includes my first golden strand that is so much lighter than Kay's new strand

img_9150.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Are you going to string it up yourself, Kay? I see it isn't knotted yet.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Since 4RG mentioned black and white, here are the golden pearls on white skin with a black top:

I wasn't sure I would be able to wear GSS pearls, since they look so great on people with darker skin, but I like them on my pale skin too. I expect I will be wearing this strand a lot.

img_0478__cropped_.jpg

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Group shot of Kay's ruckus pineapple pendent and new golden strand, my multi color golden tin cup and my first golden ss strand with cream drop.

img_9151.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Kay|1441150837|3922367 said:
Since 4RG mentioned black and white, here are the golden pearls on white skin with a black top:

I wasn't sure I would be able to wear GSS pearls, since they look so great on people with darker skin, but I like them on my pale skin too. I expect I will be wearing this strand a lot.
I think you can wear it because it is such a deep golden color.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl|1441150681|3922366 said:
Are you going to string it up yourself, Kay? I see it isn't knotted yet.

No. I am going to try my first necklace making project soon, but I'm going to let the experts at PP string these precious babies for me.

I spotted this necklace on the PP website in late August and fell in love with it, but I wasn't sure it would look good with my coloring. I was going to drive up to LA to look at the goldens in person, but that didn't work out, so Jeremy offered to send it to me to view, as long as I promised to return it the next day if I didn't want it. When I said I wanted to buy it, he told me to wait for the sale.

I have to choose a clasp. I am thinking about using an extender chain and lobster clasp, since I tend to prefer my strands at 20-21" long, unless the top I am wearing requires a shorter strand. I have an extender chain on another (cheaper) strand and love the flexibility; however, I can't help thinking this strand deserves a more elegant clasp. I have to choose so I can get my strand into my hot little hands. :confused: :wall:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I wish that freeform one was in my budget!!!

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Enjoy your beautiful new goldens, ladies! Although the timeline is confusing; clearly you all chose these before today's sale, no? When was this famous lunch?

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Gold rush...literally! I am in love with these golden pearls.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful choices, ladies. That deep golden colour is truly stunning.

4Ranch Girl and Kay, that's lovely on both your skin tones.

Kay, how much length would an equestrian clasp add? ;-)

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
My goodness those are drool-worthy, ladies!

If I wasn't already on Pearl Parole, I'd get the 8.0-10.5mm AA+ 24k drop strand ($1,809.10). It looks like quite the beauty for the money.

If someone gets it, please post pics! :)

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
That strand is the same color as Kay's.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
ennui|1441156038|3922429 said:
Enjoy your beautiful new goldens, ladies! Although the timeline is confusing; clearly you all chose these before today's sale, no? When was this famous lunch?

+1 :confused:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Not true, ennui. I came home from the State Fair today, and picked out and ordered my Goldens. The PP September sale had started while I was out riding the Sky Glider and I did not know about it ahead of time.

I recognize this to be a rare opportunity to own some stunning Golden South Sea pearls.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Frost Me|1441161072|3922467 said:

+1 :confused:

The strand I chose has been on the PP website for a while; it wasn't one of the ones just listed for the sale. I inquired about it about a week and a half ago. PP sent it to me on a 24-hour memo, so I invited 4RG for lunch so she could help me decide (and so I could see her recent acquisitions). When I decided I wanted the strand, PP was nice enough to inform me the strand was about to go on sale, rather than charging me full price.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All of the baroque strands look really round and clean in terms of blemishes. It seems like a real opportunity for those who love GSS. For me, because I truly do NOT suit gold toned jewelry (including yellow gold), I have to admit that I am missing the Connoisseur sale a tiny bit. It had a little something for everyone.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Omg...I must resist...

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Easy for me to resist this sale. Although I love yellow gold jewelry- for some reason when I try on Golden South Sea Pearls they turn me a very unflattering color :roll:

But beautiful strands you all are buying!!! I really wish I could wear them!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Lovinggems|1441186481|3922530 said:
Omg...I must resist...
As they say on Star Trek, "Resistance is futile." :lol:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
pinkjewel|1441191218|3922549 said:
Easy for me to resist this sale. Although I love yellow gold jewelry- for some reason when I try on Golden South Sea Pearls they turn me a very unflattering color :roll:

But beautiful strands you all are buying!!! I really wish I could wear them!
In many ways you are fortunate, pinkjewel. I have a similar reaction to most shades of Chinese freshwater pearls, where they just die on my skin. I've got piles of them at home for my stringing projects, since they are at such a good price point, but I find that I never wear them. :((

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results