Pre first day "open house"

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do the kids go too?

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it for preschool? If so, I think yes? Usually the open house is a chance for the kids to meet their teachers, see their classroom and meet some of the other kids.

Beyond that I'm not sure. Our preschool had an open house for the parents and kids which was in the morning. Then they had a separate "orientation" just for the parents and it was at 7pm.

Maybe you can call the school and ask?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JDDN|1441133586|3922237 said:
Is it for preschool? If so, I think yes? Usually the open house is a chance for the kids to meet their teachers, see their classroom and meet some of the other kids.

Beyond that I'm not sure. Our preschool had an open house for the parents and kids which was in the morning. Then they had a separate "orientation" just for the parents and it was at 7pm.

Maybe you can call the school and ask?

Yeah see that's the thing. It's like a special school. She's only 3. She's been there before to see the school when I had to sign all the papers. It's at 630. I really don't want her to come she's going to loathe leaving! And I dont want to bring her and she's the only kid there.

Ugh I guess I'll just send the teacher an email. God this make me so uncomfortable you have no idea.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm betting other parents are wondering the exact same thing you are!

I hope you don't feel embarrassed that you don't know. It's not obvious. Same thing with preschool tours. Some want your kid there so they can meet him/her and some don't want your kid there. How are we supposed to know if we're not explicitly notified?!!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
That's tough--6:30pm is pretty late for an event for a 3-year-old, you know? Our preschool has a parents' night the week pre-school starts (at 7pm). Then there is a separate orientation day (just for 1 hour in the morning) where the kids are supposed to attend and it's the day after the parents' night.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JDDN|1441136424|3922267 said:
I'm betting other parents are wondering the exact same thing you are!

I hope you don't feel embarrassed that you don't know. It's not obvious. Same thing with preschool tours. Some want your kid there so they can meet him/her and some don't want your kid there. How are we supposed to know if we're not explicitly notified?!!
Can you tell this is my first kid? Lol

I emailed her and she said they are"encouraged and welcome "so she's coming with me and hubby will stay home with W.

Luckily she put lipstick all over her face last night so I get to go with a birght pink lady

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol. How can these little ones be so cute and maddening at the same time?!!!!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Our preschool does intakes, where the parents come to fill out paperwork/go over the handbook etc, and we encourage them to bring their child so we can meet, check out the room, go thru their supplies etc. If they don't, no biggee. We, in the past, have done a "family night" where we invite all the parents/children from 5-6:30 to the building, where all of the teachers/paras/aides are, and then we all go look around etc.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Usually the children do come so they aren't dropped off the first time at a place they've never even seen before.

I hope she loves it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results