shape
carat
color
clarity

What color polish are you rocking right now?

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
I usually try Essie or Opi when I paint my nails. I'm not sure if anyone uses gel polish, but I tried it this past winter for a volunteer event. It's hard to make my hands look nice, but I think the polish spruced them up a bit. Perfect Match "On the Red Carpet"
I haven't seen this thread bumped for awhile plus I'm trying to learn to post pics so hope this works. :pray:

image_3718.jpg

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Man, it's posts like this that make me sort of sorry I agreed to forego posting pictures on the internet. I just got a mani today and I used Milani's bright, vivid red. Modern Rouge. {I also have a ring I am busting to show off, but I can't}. It took me years to switch from pastels to bright, but I love them. I love this thread.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad this tread was bumped! Here's a few recent mani's I've enjoyed -

img_8768.jpg

img_8769.jpg

img_8771.jpg

img_8774.jpg

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Essie Mint Candy Apple. I'm so used to wearing pinks and warm colors that this cool mint is a huge change! Took me a few days to get used to it.

uploadfromtaptalk1440107036247.jpg

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
star sparkle|1440107074|3916933 said:
Essie Mint Candy Apple. I'm so used to wearing pinks and warm colors that this cool mint is a huge change! Took me a few days to get used to it.

Beautiful on your gorgeous hands!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know how you ladies keep your nail polish on so long. I've used chanel, Zora, Essie, opi, Orly....I guess I'm too hard on my hands.

Here's mine, Essie mojito madness and Orly (something I can't remember buy I don't think it's glowstick)

img_20150820_180123.jpg

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love seeing all the colors...I just give up on my nails...I have a couple that refuse to grow...so I just wear clear or nothing at all..I will live thru all of the beautiful nails and colors on here!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Opi incognito in sausalito. But it's on my toes, so I'll spare y'all the photo! :D I will say that I'm loving the rich dark blue! I added a thin stripe of teal (Revlon fashionista) at the tips but it's so subtle that I suspect no one else notices it - but I do, and I like it! ;)) ETA Neil - I love that Mojito green!

incognito.jpg fasionista.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that this thread is active again :appl:

I've been wearing a lot of light colors this summer like minty greens and beiges and silver holos. This week i wanted a fun summer red so here's Essie Style Hunter.

20150821_154109-1.jpg

theren

Rough_Rock
My current nails.. Also my birthday nails (done by me)... Real Swarvoski crystals.

img_20150823_073329.jpg

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
ecf8503|1437873340|3907523 said:
Glad this tread was bumped! Here's a few recent mani's I've enjoyed -

Ecg8503, Love the colors you posted! Gorgeous Grafitti, Sweet Dreams and Aphroite are all so fruity & fun! :appl:

star sparkle said:

Star Sparkle, the mint Candy Apple looks so great with the accent nail. The color may not be what you are used to but it looks absolutely wonderful on you! Your rings are so beautiful too! :love:

Niel said:
I don't know how you ladies keep your nail polish on so long. I've used chanel, Zora, Essie, opi, Orly....I guess I'm too hard on my hands.

Here's mine, Essie mojito madness and Orly (something I can't remember buy I don't think it's glowstick)

Niel, the green pop of color looks great on you! :dance: I can't keep my polish on very long either unless I resort to gel polish.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
VRBeauty|1440182998|3917327 said:
Opi incognito in sausalito. But it's on my toes, so I'll spare y'all the photo! :D I will say that I'm loving the rich dark blue! I added a thin stripe of teal (Revlon fashionista) at the tips but it's so subtle that I suspect no one else notices it - but I do, and I like it! ;)) ETA Neil - I love that Mojito green!

incognito.jpg fasionista.jpg

Gorgeous color! I bet it looks fantastic with the teal stripe! Great idea!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
baby monster|1440186429|3917349 said:
I love that this thread is active again :appl:

I've been wearing a lot of light colors this summer like minty greens and beiges and silver holos. This week i wanted a fun summer red so here's Essie Style Hunter.

Baby monster, you have the loveliest hands and that beautiful summer red looks great on you! :appl: I'm glad for the thread bump too! Gives me a reason to paint my nails! :naughty:

theren said:
My current nails.. Also my birthday nails (done by me)... Real Swarvoski crystals.

Gorgeous & sparkly! Happy Birthday! :dance: :appl:

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the compliment Rickinruby

KB Shimmer. Eyes White Shut. It's a really good non-streaky white.

20150825_080609-1.jpg

nycspring

Shiny_Rock
Hi! I discovered this thread a couple of days ago and all of your pretty manicures inspired me to go for a bolder color. I've been in a nude/neutral rut lol!

This color is Essie Flowerista. New favorite!

purple_nails.jpg

nycspring

Shiny_Rock
baby monster said:

I love a good white polish. It looks great with your gorgeous wedding set!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Three coats of Sandy Beach, Essie. I am always looking for the perfect pink sheer. I have discovered that either I wear sheer or super dark.

I might add one layer of pink sheer.

_33628.jpg

_33629.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just bought the full set of the Zoya Naked Manicure, and I need to sit down and try it out. I prefer sheer shimmery "clear" pinks that look like I have nothing on, so that should be pretty much perfect. But I also like dark purples and reds (I lean towards shimmers) but I get sick of them within a day. I mostly just wear nothing. hah!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
nycspring|1440516613|3918990 said:
baby monster said:
I love a good white polish. It looks great with your gorgeous wedding set!
Thanks for the compliment, nycspring :wavey:

LLJsmom said:
Three coats of Sandy Beach, Essie. I am always looking for the perfect pink sheer. I have discovered that either I wear sheer or super dark.
I might add one layer of pink sheer.
I picked up couple of sheers called Marvelous and Exhilarating from Sephora's Formula X Sheer line and use them on days when I want a very neutral look. They're not streaky and just a tinge of color.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So has anyone picked up any new polish from 2015 fall collections? I looked at Essie, Zoya, OPI and China Glaze but the colors seem to be what I have already. I only bought China Glaze Wood You Wanna, a bronzy brown metallic, which looked interesting and different.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
baby monster|1440599011|3919371 said:
So has anyone picked up any new polish from 2015 fall collections? I looked at Essie, Zoya, OPI and China Glaze but the colors seem to be what I have already. I only bought China Glaze Wood You Wanna, a bronzy brown metallic, which looked interesting and different.

I have a few - the reds from OPI's Venice collection (I'm addicted to reds, though...), and the dark purple with pink shimmer (I forget the name) from ChG. I haven't seen the Zoya's in real life yet, but they don't excite me in pics I've seen. I'm waiting for ILNP's fall colors to become available -

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That ChG purple looked pretty but the reviews said the red shimmer is very hard to see IRL so I skipped it. HSN had a special yesterday on the new DL fall collection 4 pack but again I only liked one color. the price was very good for DL.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
baby monster|1440678084|3919794 said:
That ChG purple looked pretty but the reviews said the red shimmer is very hard to see IRL so I skipped it. HSN had a special yesterday on the new DL fall collection 4 pack but again I only liked one color. the price was very good for DL.

I haven't worn the ChG for a mani yet, but I have it swatched on a wheel and it's very dark with no visible shimmer. Bummer.

I may or may not have some of the fall Lippmann's... :whistle:

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been admiring the manicures in this thread for a while but could never contribute. I gave myself a half decent mani yesterday and love the color. Essie "hi maintenance" with "set in stones" as an accent. Probably could have used a third coat... I used the Essie gel set top coat and I really like the shine. Pardon the dirty rings.

_33861.jpg

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
@star sparkle... I jacked your style and went for Essie Mint Candy Apple ;-) However, I'll spare you all the photo cuz it's on my toes :tongue:

I've been going polish-less on my fingers. I'm using Nailtiques strengthening formula to heal my nails after 3 weeks with gel polish on them to help my mani last through our vacation. I always find removing them to be a major PITA and I ended up using a cuticle pusher to scrape off the remnants of the gel. Nailtiques really does work wonders and I highly recommend it to anyone with damaged or hard-to-grow nails!!!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a fun one - ILNP Black Orchid

img_9146.jpg

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
tuffyluvr said:
@star sparkle... I jacked your style and went for Essie Mint Candy Apple ;-) However, I'll spare you all the photo cuz it's on my toes :tongue:

I've been going polish-less on my fingers. I'm using Nailtiques strengthening formula to heal my nails after 3 weeks with gel polish on them to help my mani last through our vacation. I always find removing them to be a major PITA and I ended up using a cuticle pusher to scrape off the remnants of the gel. Nailtiques really does work wonders and I highly recommend it to anyone with damaged or hard-to-grow nails!!!
Hah, nice! How do you like it?

I'm wearing China Glaze White on White right now. My first time going with an all-white mani and I'm loving it!

uploadfromtaptalk1441142805250.jpg

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
star sparkle said:
I'm wearing China Glaze White on White right now. My first time going with an all-white mani and I'm loving it!

I'm liking the mint candy apple shade! I've been wearing pastel blue on my toes most of the summer, so I'm liking the soft cool pastels. They look good with my tan ;-)

I love an all-white mani! And yours looks great! I covet your slim fingers and long nail beds! I often add a little Essie Set In Stones to the tips or as a reverse French mani (at the nail base) to if I feel like adding a bit of sparkle or cover any little chips to get a few more days out of a white mani.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm wearing the mint candy apple too. To my eyes its the perfect Tiffany blue. It's not really what I'd be buying these days becuase ei love dark but my hubby got it for me and that's cute. I don't think it looks anything like it does in the bottle. Sadly I feel that way about most Essie.

imag5660_1.jpg

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
baby monster|1440507251|3918927 said:

Great find Baby Monster! It's so hard to find a white that doesn't streak terribly. :clap: I really like this look for summer! :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results