carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

Niel|1440634779|3919641 said:
Some cads for my zircon. Makes me giggle how deep it is.

Edited to add zircon pics too

Neil - the pendant design looks fantastic, can't wait to see the finished product!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

mtsapphirelovingannie|1440725007|3920142 said:
Peach/pink tourmaline from Barry set in yellow gold:

Gorgeous! :love:
I love the simple setting. It makes that beautiful tourmaline stand out.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

mtsapphirelovingannie|1440725007|3920142 said:
Peach/pink tourmaline from Barry set in yellow gold:

Gorgeous!!! :love:

mtsapphirelovingannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Arabella, katharath, LisaRN, and elle_71125 thank you for the kind words. :)

The setting is from Stuller. I actually saw it on PS while looking at rings for inspiration in setting a different stone.

S

SparkliesLuver

Although I'm on a self-imposed ban, when something comes along that's seemingly too good to be true - and that's been on your list for awhile with which you've had no luck - you don't think twice. That's what happened with this red spinel. :D It's currently en route, and I can't wait to see it. I sincerely hope it's just as described!

_33811.jpg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sparkliesluver That is gorgeous! I will be waiting for hand shots. :naughty:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous stone Sparkliesluver! Looking forward to see your pics

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you so much, elle and Acinom. I'm super excited to see this one! :D

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Sparkliesluver - Thats an amazing looking spinel! I hope it looks delicious IRL, and like others, am eagerly awaiting pics! I've been window shopping their spinel lately, and its nice to see them going to good homes.

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you, chroman. :) My fingers (and toes!) are crossed that it looks just as red and juicy in person. Oh yes, so have I! haha I'll be sure to post lots of pictures when it arrives.

katharath

Ideal_Rock

Hi all,

I never added ear shots of my recent spinel/diamond earrings, so here are a couple. I went all out and put CS in each piercing :). Dangles are the aforementioned earrings; then sapphire studs; then mahenge studs. This isn't something I would typically wear, it's more than I usually like, but thought it would be fun for the pics.

_33849.jpg

_33850.jpg

katharath

Ideal_Rock

And Sparklies - gorgeous spinel, congrats!!!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, that certainly does look like it could be strawberry loveliness. Thank God your are a PSer who likes taking photos. :wink2:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Katharath Those earrings look even better on. Lovely! :love:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

SparkliesLuver|1441022902|3921534 said:
Although I'm on a self-imposed ban, when something comes along that's seemingly too good to be true - and that's been on your list for awhile with which you've had no luck - you don't think twice. That's what happened with this red spinel. :D It's currently en route, and I can't wait to see it. I sincerely hope it's just as described!

So excited for you!!!! I hope it's everything you hoped for and more! It's such a juicy red!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sparklies- that is truly a ban- breaking spinel. Soooooo red. :love: Post tons of pics when it arrives. I will be stalking PS waiting for those pics.

katharath- your earrings are beautiful. I love the strawberry red color and the diamonds are perfect accents. I bet you get tons of compliments when you wear them.

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock

SparkliesLuver said:

Beautiful! I would definitely make an exception for something like this too. Yes, please post many pics when you get it. A really nice pure red spinel in a good size is on my dream list.

katharath said:
Hi all,

I never added ear shots of my recent spinel/diamond earrings, so here are a couple. I went all out and put CS in each piercing :). Dangles are the aforementioned earrings; then sapphire studs; then mahenge studs. This isn't something I would typically wear, it's more than I usually like, but thought it would be fun for the pics.

Looks so gorgeous on you!!!

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you, katharath! :) We'll see how she looks in person.

It does, doesn't it, minous! hahaha I certainly try.

Glad you think so too, Lisa! Oh, I will. ;-)

Thanks, lovesvintage. :) Yes, it's been on my list for several years as well, but I've only really started looking for about the past year. It's certainly a difficult one but you'll find yours, I'm sure.

Thank you, lovedogs. Yes, I love that about it! :D

S

SparkliesLuver

It arrived! :appl: Here are some pictures, but I will preface it by saying that red is hard to photograph. Really hard. I have a lot more respect for people now! :lol: I don't think I 100% captured what I saw but these are pretty close. I could see one inclusion off to one side, but it doesn't bother me. Here are the stats:

Burmese spinel
1.69cts
7.43 x 5.99 x 4.8mm
VS

inside_window.jpg

inside_window1.jpg

outside_box.jpg

outside_hand.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

SparkliesLuver|1441291839|3923080 said:
It arrived! :appl: Here are some pictures, but I will preface it by saying that red is hard to photograph. Really hard. I have a lot more respect for people now! :lol: I don't think I 100% captured what I saw but these are pretty close. I could see one inclusion off to one side, but it doesn't bother me. Here are the stats:

Burmese spinel
1.69cts
7.43 x 5.99 x 4.8mm
VS

I was hoping you wouldn't love it haha. There's a stone from him that I was secretly hoping would look worse than the photos, but this looks lovely

S

SparkliesLuver

Niel said:
I was hoping you wouldn't love it haha. There's a stone from him that I was secretly hoping would look worse than the photos, but this looks lovely

haha You and my best friend, Niel! ;-) I do indeed love it. A lot. It will be going to AGL sometime next week to verify everything. Oh, really? Hmmm. I'm intrigued.

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock

Wow SparkliesLover. That is stunning. So happy for you. Before joining this forum red gems never lived up to my expectations but now that I'm more educated and know where to look I've become a convert. I'll enjoy giving vicariously through you with this one.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

SparkliesLuver|1441293344|3923095 said:
Niel said:

haha You and my best friend, Niel! ;-) I do indeed love it. A lot. It will be going to AGL sometime next week to verify everything. Oh, really? Hmmm. I'm intrigued.

I think anyone who knows me could guess but I'll leave it at that. Lol

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you so much, Sungura. Welcome to the red side. ;-) :naughty: That's one of the many reasons I love PS.

Fair enough, Niel. Fair enough. :)

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Burmese spinel
1.69cts
7.43 x 5.99 x 4.8mm
VS

Delicious!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Burmese spinel
1.69cts
7.43 x 5.99 x 4.8mm
VS

I love this stone! It's a great vibrant color, and just overall looks incredible! So happy for you and can't wait to see what you choose to do with it!

S

SparkliesLuver

It was especially delicious when I took it outside, Lisa! ;-) :lickout:

Thank you, lovedogs. :D It is very vibrant, which I wasn't overly expecting, but it's a nice surprise. It'll probably be a year before I do anything with it, but I'll sure have fun thinking about ideas in the meantime. :naughty:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

That red spinel is even more stunning than the Gemfix pics! Breathtaking.

katharath

Ideal_Rock

Oh Sparklies - wowsers!! Love it!! Looks so juicy, that's what I love about a good Burmese spinel.

Also I know a few of you said nice things above on my ear shots (elle, lovesvintage, Lisa) - thanks!!! Those were the last pics, I swear. Sorry if it was overload. I didn't want to dredge my thread up again with more pics, but then it got brought up again anyway so I had multiple pics in different threads - I don't usually do that, I swear!! Sorry for any annoyance.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Amazing earrings Katharath! I like :appl:

Sparklies: wow!!! Your stone looks even more amazing in your pics :love: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results