shape
carat
color
clarity

Is GIA Ruby cert saying transparent a joke?

drruby

Shiny_Rock
I don't know, lately I've been looking at some okay rubies with GIA certs and they all have 'transparent' on them and IMO most of it is semi-translucent.

So unless I'm being way to hard on transparency in rubies, did anyone else notice almost opaque rubies are more and more having GIA certs with transparent as their grade for transparency, not that GIA is that great of a cert.

After the pay for grade scandal that hit GIA no one really takes GIA certs that seriously now.

So what do you think, are GIA transparent ratings bogus or is that have you also view rubies, that almost no light passing through a semi-translucent stone is now 'transparent' as the GIA sees it.

I know the GIA is not a colored gems 'expert' but they are certing a lot of rubies now as transparent and they are not even close IMO on rubies.

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
drruby|1441038738|3921643 said:
I don't know, lately I've been looking at some okay rubies with GIA certs and they all have 'transparent' on them and IMO most of it is semi-translucent.

So unless I'm being way to hard on transparency in rubies, did anyone else notice almost opaque rubies are more and more having GIA certs with transparent as their grade for transparency, not that GIA is that great of a cert.

After the pay for grade scandal that hit GIA no one really takes GIA certs that seriously now.

So what do you think, are GIA transparent ratings bogus or is that have you also view rubies, that almost no light passing through a semi-translucent stone is now 'transparent' as the GIA sees it.

I know the GIA is not a colored gems 'expert' but they are certing a lot of rubies now as transparent and they are not even close IMO on rubies.

Wow!! With your incredible knowledge and experience you should help GIA to become real colored gem experts - would be great!!!!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
drruby|1441038738|3921643 said:

This isn't quite fair IMHO. Plenty of people still take GIA certs seriously, and to call them not "experts" in colored gems is a bit harsh.

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
Not harsh - just stupid...

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marlow|1441047558|3921735 said:
Not harsh - just stupid...

It appears that only one person is not stupid amongst us all ...

DK :naughty:

drruby

Shiny_Rock
Wow did hit a nerve here?

haha

Facts

2005 the GIA was caught having graders being bribed for higher grades

2006 GIA lead glass filled ruby report stated LGF was durable for jewelry and benchwork

Now what do they say?

Now for common carbon cert's the GIA did create what De Beers asked them to do, a way to grade common carbon, hence 4C's

So I'll give GIA credit for 4C's and grading common carbon but no serious colored gem collector would ask the GIA anything about colored gems, that's pretty much a universal OPINION on them as far as colored gems go.

It's not stupid, it's not biased, it is what it is, GIA is a puppet of De Beers which is the cartel of the Rothschild's and JP Morgan/Chase banking/Illuminati cartel.

Who gained by the 4C's creating the illusion of common carbon being rare? De Beers.

Who financed De Beers Rothschild and JP Morgan.

So if you understand big business and banking you understand GIA is just creating a fake value based on a created rarity standard to help whom? De Beers aka Illuminati.

Now many moons ago I did collect some carat IFs and after one of the top degreed people ever at GIA (the wife of a partner) showed me in 1983 lab diamonds floating in SG fluid and how man could now create flawless diamonds, I said good bye to carbon and hello to AL3O2

Now if you are a serious level colored gem collector, and you value what the GIA says, well that would be an amazing thing in my opinion since I don't know any serious colored gem collectors that take the GIA seriously.

Next thing I'll be seeing is people saying the Illuminati and Bilderbergers and the CFR and aren't real. LOL

I myself use my own opinion since I have a pretty well developed gemology lab and after buying colored gems in five decades I know what real gems look like at 25x. When I go to any show to buy I whip out my wifi-microscope and jaws drop as I view the stone on my iphone.

So yeah I'm a dummy I guess, but I do know rubies.

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
Is Liao back??

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
drruby|1441048690|3921745 said:
Wow did hit a nerve here?

haha

Facts

2005 the GIA was caught having graders being bribed for higher grades

2006 GIA lead glass filled ruby report stated LGF was durable for jewelry and benchwork

Now what do they say?

Now for common carbon cert's the GIA did create what De Beers asked them to do, a way to grade common carbon, hence 4C's

So I'll give GIA credit for 4C's and grading common carbon but no serious colored gem collector would ask the GIA anything about colored gems, that's pretty much a universal OPINION on them as far as colored gems go.

It's not stupid, it's not biased, it is what it is, GIA is a puppet of De Beers which is the cartel of the Rothschild's and JP Morgan/Chase banking/Illuminati cartel.

Who gained by the 4C's creating the illusion of common carbon being rare? De Beers.

Who financed De Beers Rothschild and JP Morgan.

So if you understand big business and banking you understand GIA is just creating a fake value based on a created rarity standard to help whom? De Beers aka Illuminati.

Now many moons ago I did collect some carat IFs and after one of the top degreed people ever at GIA (the wife of a partner) showed me in 1983 lab diamonds floating in SG fluid and how man could now create flawless diamonds, I said good bye to carbon and hello to AL3O2

Now if you are a serious level colored gem collector, and you value what the GIA says, well that would be an amazing thing in my opinion since I don't know any serious colored gem collectors that take the GIA seriously.

Next thing I'll be seeing is people saying the Illuminati and Bilderbergers and the CFR and aren't real. LOL

I myself use my own opinion since I have a pretty well developed gemology lab and after buying colored gems in five decades I know what real gems look like at 25x. When I go to any show to buy I whip out my wifi-microscope and jaws drop as I view the stone on my iphone.

So yeah I'm a dummy I guess, but I do know rubies.

Wow. You seem to be spinning lots of conspiracy theories. Also I believe if you have a gemology lab you have to report yourself as a member of the trade on this forum---I could be wrong but that's how I read the rules of PS.

drruby

Shiny_Rock
Don't know who that is and I'm sure the forum mod can verify through my email I'm USA based and have a legal background and wallet.

HIgh end appellate law my specialty, I'm the guy you hire to tell judges what they did wrong.

As to a personal gem lab setup, I'm not a dealer, I'm a major ruby investor and yeah I have my own lab gear and I do shows as a buyer/investor. I walk around shows with my gear and buy as a collector/investor, and I use a wifi microscope on my iphone and my loop is lighted and I carry a digital scale and caliper and in my area when jewelers I know come across something they're not sure of, they all ask me to come over and look before they lay large dough into a rock.

I don't charge my buddies for my opinion but if I did I would make SSEF look cheap.

I have a JD in law and if I wanted to I could get a GG since I forgot more about Gemology than most GG's I have ever met.

Just a well versed gem investor with my opinions about stuff.

But I'm not a dummy as one pointed out and I'm not in the 'trade'.

So if this forum doesn't want investors that actually know stones, yeah maybe I should leave.

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marlow|1441050613|3921760 said:
Is Liao back??

19 posts by "drruby" after joining this morning on a variety of topics..............hmmm
In other words you ARE trade connected by virtue of your expose' :rolleyes: :doh:

drruby

Shiny_Rock
Yep, I had some free time today.

I thought some here might know of a major lab actually doing a decent grade report but it looks like there are none.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
drruby: you are perfectly welcome here. But tone down the rhetoric and dial down the attitude please. While AGL is generally considered the better US lab than GIA, I would not go so far to say GIA is a joke. Corundum these days is a particular challenge and one that I would likely leave to AGL or Lotus.

I'd also ask that instead of starting multiple threads on similar subject matter (which, btw, really makes you appear that you have a major axe to grind), please limit it to one - and recognize that there are plenty of others who have plenty of knowledge and don't feel a need to advertise it in such an aggressive manner.

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
Or just a troll...

katharath

Ideal_Rock
It really is disturbing to have someone come on here and be so disruptive in so many threads. I hope that any newcomers are able to look past the "advice" (I.e., "budget for my ruby ring is $3500 - just swing over to Bangkok!" And "never buy a gem online". Just a couple of the many lines spouted here today from someone who doesn't seem to have acquainted themselves with what these boards are about, and doesn't seem to be paying much attention to what they're reading before replying).

Another example - giving advice about the first stone ever posted in "Somebody's Gotta Buy this Stone". From 3 years ago.

:wall:

And playing the old law card in an online forum...please. Seriously.

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hmmm, do I smell Troll?

drruby

Shiny_Rock
I think I started two threads

One was a serious question about IF any major labs are finally doing a full grade on rubies?

I'm looking for one.

The other is about GIA and what I consider to be their gross grading on transparency in Rubies.

So that warrants two threads.

Now I understand how many think GIA is GOD but in colored gems which is this area of the forum I would think most were like me not that fond of GIA for colored gems, but I guess most here are carbon centric in their thinking.

As to advice, you can't buy a decent ruby for 3K so I gave them the best advice they could get, use LGFF (I see others are using LGF for low girdle facets so I'll use LGFF for lead glass fracture filled). 3K you cannot get a ruby good enough to mount IMO, so it was sound advice.

As for the law card, what's that, someone saying they do appellate work? LOL

Okay, well that's my profession.

So what.

Instead of having serious discussion here about how bad GIA is on transparency ratings on rubies all I see is personal attacks.

Typical forum.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
drruby|1441052074|3921783 said:
Now I understand how many think GIA is GOD but in colored gems which is this area of the forum I would think most were like me not that fond of GIA for colored gems, but I guess most here are carbon centric in their thinking.

I'm not exactly sure where you got your information from regarding GIA being the god-lab for colored stones, but my limited knowledge and understanding of the industry leads me to believe that simply is not the case.

drruby|1441052074|3921783 said:
I myself use my own opinion since I have a pretty well developed gemology lab

Which lab do you have/own?

Dioptase

Shiny_Rock
Trade

That's great, but where do the Reptilian Aliens fit in this marvelous theory of yours?

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Dioptase|1441094962|3921998 said:

That's great, but where do the Reptilian Aliens fit in this marvelous theory of yours?

OMG I CAN'T BREATH!!!! :lol:

Cognition

Rough_Rock
drruby|1441051072|3921769 said:
I don't charge my buddies for my opinion but if I did I would make SSEF look cheap.

I myself use my own opinion since I have a pretty well developed gemology lab

So if this forum doesn't want investors that actually know stones, yeah maybe I should leave.

no!!! don't leave. I just have a really bad month, and your thread cheers me up. keep up on what you are doing.

why don't you join SSEF or Gubelin or replace Christopher Smith of AGL? you definitely will make those lab "better" :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo:

I don't usually give out a my financial advice for free, but your portfolio's condition is worse than brazil in germany vs brazil world cup 2014. you definitely need a psychiatrist and exorcist

arabella

Shiny_Rock
Dioptase|1441094962|3921998 said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Love it!

drruby

Shiny_Rock
Let's see how many people here actually gave an opinion on the thread?

NONE

Yeah sure this is a 'leading forum' to discuss gemstones.

One person said no one considers GIA a CG authority like I say as well, the rest want to attack me.

haha

I guess 99% of the users of this area interested in CG are here because they think CG's are pretty rocks.

LOL

The reason you know have small rubies like the Graff Ruby selling for over 1 Million a carat is that many elite collectors know there is no value in common carbon no matter what 'grade' GIA puts on their worthless certs and elite wealth groups have controlled banking and now common carbon for a long time.

Back to the thread, if anyone actually buys GIA certificate Rubies what do you think about the terrible rubies that GIA is now classifying as transparent.

Now if you want to turn the thread into a conspiracy thread or discuss the UFO phenomena, go ahead.

If you want to call me names go ahead.

I bought my first gemstone almost 40 years ago, I have a very valuable CG collection, I collect very rare ancient books. I collect art. I have over 8 bars of Gold (yes LONDON BARS). I have a substantial amount of CG's in my collection.

While I do have a private gemology lab in my home, I do not operate a 'lab', I just have many of the same tools a gemologist uses to analyze stones, I do it to make sure CG I am investing in is real and if it's been treated, I don't need a major lab to certify my own stones for purchase.

However, I do need to find a major lab to now certify some of my CG collection since a large insurance company asked for certificates when they were looking at my asset portfolio.

The conversation went like this, you have a large amount of assets in colored gems, but unlike your art it is not appraised nor is it certified, so how can we verify your CG's have this value?

I said, you mean like GIA or something?

He said yes.

I literally laughed, I said, "Well no one uses GIA for CG that I know of who has any serious CG's, now you do know in Gemology the GIA is the mouthpiece of De Beers and their graders have their hands out for grades. So unless a major lab is now 'grading' CG, I don't think any lab exists that can accurately grade CG."

So the idiot at an insurance company wanted me to try to get some certification as to what my CG is really worth or if it is real.

I guess insurance companies now red flag anyone listing CG's due to how much LGFF and BI is around.

So yesterday I ask this forum in another thread, anyone know of any major labs that actually do CG GRADING and thus far not one lab is doing it.

Then I started this thread to see if anyone else realized how bad the GIA CG cert is since they rate translucent CD now as transparent.

Now for that I'm attacked and belittled like I'm clueless.

LOL

Okay, see you 'experts' later.

P.S. If you don't understand that a few power elites control most major media and global fiat, then you're really clueless, the Illuminati is very real and the Bilderbergers are part of it. The fact is the Illuminati financed De Beers and the whole common carbon SCAM is a major Illuminati plan to take as much of the wealth of the masses they can get from their purchase of common carbon to convert into the only asset the Illuminati want, that is GOLD.

Now if there are 'aliens' they could care less about diamonds or CG since they would know that even a rather unintelligent species like humans can now create all gemstones and produce more perfect stones to use in any tech they have that may need a huge gemstone. Such gemstones would be created by any aliens if they exist, IMO. While I do believe in UFOS, the whole 'alien' issue isn't something I have spent much time on.

Now GOLD that is a very rare element and if any 'aliens' are wasting their time in our neighborhood of the Universe it could very well be over GOLD. Now in the world of science there is still debate over how exactly GOLD is formed in nature, it is alien to earth, it is not created on earth by any 'natural' process and thus far only 8 Billion or so ounces of GOLD has been mined by humans in our recent history.

Now some ancient cultures have myths about 'aliens' that came to earth hundreds of thousands of years ago to create modern humans to mine ancient GOLD mines. The myth is Sumerian. Archaeologists have now found very ancient mines in many areas of earth showing large mining operations did exist on earth well over 100,000 years ago. So if there are 'aliens' they came many years ago created modern man to work ancient GOLD mines and have since departed with the GOLD in tow.

But I'm not a big 'alien' expert, but that is the story from the little research I have done on the 'alien' issue. Now the Greys, they're not 'aliens' at all. Created on earth by the last great lost civilization Atlantis. They're hybrid biochemical robots created around 25,000 years ago to do the work the Atlantians didn't want to do.

Now the Atlantians are long gone from history the gemstones they used to power their technology imploded and destroyed their cities. But the Greys still cruise the earth gathering data on the 'primitives' modern humans that now have a technological society.

I thought EVERYONE knew that.

LOL

Dioptase

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Please tell us more, Agent Mulder.

drruby

Shiny_Rock
Okay, so one of my hobbies is writing Sci-Fy I'm exposed.

haha

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I observed in your other thread -- and included pics -- that AGL will indeed issue reports on rubies that include, e.g., clarity grades.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Molly,
I did so as well and included a link but was summarily dismissed.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Well I think I have seen just about enough here.

This should suit your exquisite tastes and over-bearing paranoia drruby.

(also, you didn't answer my question about which gem lab you have claimed to own)

drruby_swagger.png

drruby

Shiny_Rock
As I stated ABOVE

"While I do have a private gemology lab in my home, I do not operate a 'lab', I just have many of the same tools a gemologist uses to analyze stones, I do it to make sure CG I am investing in is real and if it's been treated, I don't need a major lab to certify my own stones for purchase."

As to AGL they do not GRADE clarity, they have a 'clarity enhancement' chart that they use IF a stone has been enhanced. That is their prestige report.

They don't say EYE clean or Almost eye clean, if a treatment has enhanced the stones clarity then they use the clarity enhancement report section.

Not one major lab offers any type of grade that I'm aware of as to clarity, none.

AGL does not have a clarity grade, just look at the reports.

Now most that invest in CG consider flawless to be eye clean, which is indeed very rare on rubies with any weight.

Some are slightly included and most are BI, badly included.

That's just rubies and emeralds, once you have weight and color you have inclusions almost all the time.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You obviously didn't look at the actual ruby reports I linked for you or at the descriptions of the different AGL reports that's on the AGL web page Chrono first provided you.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My apologies drruby, I interpreted it that you had a lab that actually graded gems and provided some kind of certification. So it's a home 'lab' with only some of the tools that a GG uses, gotcha. I'm interested to know who taught you as you seem pretty confident that you are more proficient with limited equipment than the vast amount of GG's out there. They must be some Guru!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results