Premium
... just found another setting that I like, again, it's from diamondmounts:

1_50.png
3_12.png
2_26.png

DK :love:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! I love trillions but yet to own one.

Do you have a stone in mind for this setting DK?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a gorgeous setting! I love how it flows.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful setting DK! I am warming up towards trillions :D . If it wasn't for the ban :naughty:

arabella

Shiny_Rock
Oh thanks for sharing DK! As you might have guessed from the blue topaz thread, I love trillions so I'll always want to see a good setting for them!!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha ha, DK, that setting design is perfect for you since I know you love hearts as well! ;))

indigoblue

Shiny_Rock
I love trillions and just bought a trillion amethyst from Jeff Davies in a Gemstone group on Facebook. It arrived this past week. If I could just get it to cooperate for a photo, I'd post a picture.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is quite a glitzy setting, not sure if I can wear it to work, even in the toned down version that I would opt for with a plain chunky shank.

For wearing on my chubby size 10.5 middle finger, the stone would need to be at least 11 x 11mm as shown in the pics, however, I would probably go for 12 x 12mm.

I would like a blue stone of some sort for it. Tanzanite and Sapphire are out of my reach at present; and Jeff White does not have any blue zircon roughs big enough for a trillion that size. Therefore, my hope lies with JD for an EB topaz.

The cut would need to be more curvy than the EB topaz that arabella bought from JD recently, IMHO, if you know what I mean.

Here are two JD amethyst that I have bought recently with more rounded/curvy sides, a 2.62ct 8.82 x 6.51mm and a slightly bigger 3.23ct 10.10 x 7.17mm:

jd2p62ctamethysttrillion882x651.jpg
jd3.jpg

DK :))

indigoblue

Shiny_Rock
OK, here's the best I can do for now. Gotta go to work in a minute. From Jeff Davies, 4.93 ct 11.60 x 11.86 x 7.83 mm

amyjefdavies493.jpg

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
Hello dk168,

Sorry for thread jacking, but I am considering a setting from diamondmounts and am a bit hesitant about it. I was just wondering if you have ordered from diamondmounts before and if you liked their quality. I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question and fill me in on any wisdom/suggestions you have.

Thank you,
Warm regards,
Patty

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PattyCo|1441033605|3921603 said:
Hello dk168,

Sorry for thread jacking, but I am considering a setting from diamondmounts and am a bit hesitant about it. I was just wondering if you have ordered from diamondmounts before and if you liked their quality. I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question and fill me in on any wisdom/suggestions you have.

Thank you,
Warm regards,
Patty

I have 2 rings from them so far, with another 4 rings in the making. Hopefully, I shall have the blue zircon heart ring made soon, and one ring each for Oct, Nov and Dec.

I have planned to have other CSs set by them next year, including my better ones.

Of the two rings they have made for me so far, I am very satisfied with the air line/gap diamond halo semi-mount ring in platinum that they made for my 1.19ct EC diamond. I specified for the diamonds to be upgraded to VS instead of the usual SI quality.

The second ring I asked them to make for me was a ring for an inexpensive EC aqua I bought from Jeff Davies. I did not ask for the diamonds to be upgraded, and the ring turned out to be less substantial than I had anticipated, in that the bottom of the shank was not 2mm as specified (they confirmed it was their fault), and the diamonds were too small for my liking (my fault as I approved the CAD without noticing the diamonds at 0.9mm could be too small).

However, the ring was not expensive (ring to stone cost ratio is roughly 10:1), and the quality was expected - the saying you get what you paid for is definitely true in this case.

The aqua ring is currently on its way back to them to be re-sized so that it will fit my left hand ring finger, as it does not look substantial enough to be worn on my middle finger due to the shank being too narrow at the top (again, my own fault as I approved the CAD without appreciating it could be too narrow).

I view the aqua ring as my learner ring, and I anticipate I would like it more once it is re-sized.

I shall be more careful with my specifications, and shall be more cautious when viewing and approving the CADs from now on. I would rather pay a little bit more for bigger diamonds than 0.9mm ones (the ones in my EC diamond semi-mount are 1.5mm).

Here are pics of the two rings and their final CADs:

ecsemimountcadrevised.jpg ecreset_d.jpg

aquaringcad_03.jpg
jdaquaring_01.jpg

Hope this helps.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got a quote from Alex at diamondmounts for the ring to be made as a semi-mount for a 11mm stone, bezel set, with a plain shank rather than with paved diamonds, in size 10.5 US, and in 14K WG, and the price is 800 USD, in case anyone is interested.

And JD wrote back to say he has a EB topaz rough that he can cut to a near 11mm trillion. :appl:

drruby

Shiny_Rock
nice bling factor

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you dk168, for the information. Did you send them your stones to be set or did you find a jeweler near you to do it? You mentioned that you sent a ring back to them, did you ship throught the Post Office, FedEx, or UPS? Did you insure the package? Did you pay for your mountings through eBay? I am sorry for all the questions, I've paid for and shipped things locally, but never overseas...

I bought an 7x7 Umba Garnet from Gingercurls and have been looking for a LOGR Legacy-esque setting with no luck. I just love how the halo hovers overhead, so to speak, and a band can sit flush to the ring. I haven't found one so this is the mounting I am thinking of getting, http://www.ebay.com/itm/7x7mm-EMERALD-CUT-SOLID-18K-WHITE-GOLD-NATURAL-DIAMOND-SETTING-SEMI-RING-MOUNT-/191675371069?hash=item2ca0be0e3d . The duble halo is mesmerizing... :love:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PattyCo,

Please get in touch via PS Admin, so that I can discuss with you further.

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
dk168|1441041841|3921680 said:
PattyCo,

Ok, how do I do that?

(I hope I wasn't breaking any rules)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PattyCo|1441042910|3921690 said:
PattyCo,

Ok, how do I do that?

No you did not break any rules as far as I am aware, however, I prefer not to discuss openly with regard to the details of my buying experiences with non-UK eBay vendors, diamondmounts and Jeff Davies for example.

I have sent a request for my contact details to be forwarded to you via the "Contact Us" link.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1441047224|3921733 said:
PattyCo|1441042910|3921690 said:
PattyCo,

Ok, how do I do that?

No you did not break any rules as far as I am aware, however, I prefer not to discuss openly with regard to the details of my buying experiences with non-UK eBay vendors, diamondmounts and Jeff Davies for example.

Just for my own help, could someone tell me how to get in touch via PS Admin? Because I'd also love to hear about people's experiences with this vendor, as I am considering them for one of my loose CS's, but don't want to make you discuss anything uncomfortable, DK. Thanks!!!!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovedogs|1441047634|3921737 said:
Just for my own help, could someone tell me how to get in touch via PS Admin? Because I'd also love to hear about people's experiences with this vendor, as I am considering them for one of my loose CS's, but don't want to make you discuss anything uncomfortable, DK. Thanks!!!!

At the bottom of the page, there is a "Contact Us" button, and it will open up a webform for you to fill in.

I included a link to this thread when I requested for my contact details to be forwarded to PattyCo.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Ladies, sorry, but we are not a means of communication in this way or else we would be fielding these requests all day. Thank you for your cooperation. :wavey:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am on a pearls only board with a similar username.

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
dk168|1441058455|3921849 said:
I am on a pearls only board with a similar username.

Ok, dk168 and Ella.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results