color
clarity

The NEW August Tahitians sale thread

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: August Tahitians

4Ranch Girl|1440866760|3920815 said:
CMD you gave me a chuckle this morning when I saw your great pictures. Not at you but at myself. After all these years and 18 Tahitian strands I have yet to use my blue Tahitian bracelet with any of my other strands. Thanks for teaching this old dog a new trick :appl:

I'd say it's just necessity being the mother of invention as I am working with a much more limited collection so have to make do to mock up replicas of the looks you have had professionally done. One day I hope to have a longer double rope and some longer strands, but this lets me fake it in the meantime!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium

fel|1440834520|3920682 said:
Thanks for your comments CMD. I keep second guessing that 1129 one.

btw: here's te link to 1129.

https://www.pearlparadise.com/p-4881-18-inch-82-109-mm-aaa-tahitian-drop-pearl-necklace.aspx

I think you made the right choice. The strand you bought has different color pearls. The strand you passed on has different color overtones. Different pearl body colors will give you way more color contrast than just multi color overtones.

If you look at my box picture with my three strands a few posts back you can see the difference. The strand on the left has different color pearls. The oval in the middle has mainly similar toned body colors with varied overtones. You can see that except in diffuse dim light, it is a much more subtle look. In direct light my oval strand looks fairly consistent in color, where the multi color pearls still look multicolor.

Edit: here are the three strands. Left = different color pearls; middle = multi overtoned pearls with similar body color; right = matched strand with blue green body color and peacock overtones

So if you want color, you made the right choice.

Oh here's an example of how the black box washes out color. This is my multi-overtoned oval strand, and it looks uniform in the box.

_33764.jpg

_33765.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh if you are really second guessing (and you live in the U.S.) I might suggest buying both, seeing which one you like best and returning the other. PP has a generous return policy for this because buying pearls from pictures is very difficult.

fel

Shiny_Rock

I definitely prefer the one on the left -- in fact that is my favorite from this entire thread, although my all-time very favorite (accessible) Tahitian strand is the one in the picture by yingh in the IRL thread. That is the one I sent to PP as an example, but they did not have any with that kind of contrast.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium

That was a direct light shot too, and the colours are more pronounced on the neck.

I love Ying's multicolor too. Edit: oops, that's the custom strand that PP put together for DMZ after the multicolour strand that he bought for his fiancé ended up double sold. It was affectionately nicknamed the guilt strand as PP puts special effort into making things right when these things happen, although some really disliked that term. That ended up being the star IMO of last year's sale.

_33775.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock

stunning cmd!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks cricket!! I love my new strand, and playing with the bracelet has reminded me of my love of my strands from last year! I can't wait to start wearing them again!

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock

Wow the colors are popping CMD2014!

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium

We just got back from our daughter's college.
Here she is with the round 8.0-9.7mm multicolor strand; I found a slightly shaded spot for the photo. As you can see, she is very fair skinned. I think they suit her very well and am happy with my purchase.

As for her, she thinks it's beautiful, and wants it for her 21st birthday. (For her upcoming 20th in December she wants to go see Hamilton on Broadway.)

She is not a pearl person like I am, but when I asked her if she would rather have something else entirely for her 21st, she quickly said she wanted the pearls. :lol:

round_tahitian_strand_on_my_daughter.jpg

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock

Really lovely pearls...and against the turq top, they really come alive. You have a wonderful strand for your daughter that she will enjoy for many years!

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you, Pirard. I think she can get a lot of use out of it.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock

Beautiful strand and looks gorgeous on your daughter!

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks, Tucs! =)

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow! Those look beautiful on your daughter. I'm so glad she likes them!

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Me too, cmd2014. I'm relieved, to be honest.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock

Looks perfect on her :love: :love: , thanks for posting.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

What a lucky girl! I'm so glad for you that she likes them but I'll be surprised if she didn't. They are really lovely. ::)

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you, ladies! :))

Ermit

Rough_Rock

I ended up with 4 strands.

First up was this multicolor strand.

It's pretty amazing and makes me feel 'powerful.' Each pearl does have a blemish, but if positioned correctly they don't show.

Next, a pistachio strand. I had 2 pearls removed and made in to earrings (with the blossom setting.)

Post with the next two strands to follow.

_33842.jpg

_33845.jpg

_33846.jpg

_33847.jpg

Ermit

Rough_Rock

Sorry for the 'turned' photos and the not so great quality... I'm pretty new at this.

Next strand was a circle strand. I'm very drawn to circle pearls...

And then a strand of ovals. I am considering returning this strand. Though if is beautiful...

Here is a shot of all my Tahitian strands together.

I feel that the ovals are a bit redundant, as I already have this strand of blues:

Yes, the ovals are a bit larger. Of course I know the difference, but I'm not sure I can justify the strand. Thoughts are appreciated. :)

_33848.jpg

_33851.jpg

_33852.jpg

_33853.jpg

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock

Nice work, Ermit!

That last one is the strand of Rikiteas, right? It is truly beautiful. Well, all of your strands are. I really like that multicolour, you have good eye.

As for the ovals, would you wear them in similar occasions than your rounds? If so, I would consider returning them, but I would think about it for a few days before deciding. You don't want to err on the side of not enough pearls ;-)

ennui

Brilliant_Rock

Ermit|1441058842|3921852 said:

I love this picture! :appl:

I think I see a harvest strand in there? I'm counting seven or eight strands ... ?

Ermit

Rough_Rock

Tucs|1441063391|3921874 said:
Nice work, Ermit!

That last one is the strand of Rikiteas, right? It is truly beautiful. Well, all of your strands are. I really like that multicolour, you have good eye.

As for the ovals, would you wear them in similar occasions than your rounds? If so, I would consider returning them, but I would think about it for a few days before deciding. You don't want to err on the side of not enough pearls ;-)

Tucs - good eye - the last strand is a Rikitea and you are absolutely right - I would wear the strands differently. The ovals are more casual, but still very nice. Sigh.

Ermit

Rough_Rock

ennui|1441065152|3921882 said:
Ermit|1441058842|3921852 said:

I love this picture! :appl:

I think I see a harvest strand in there? I'm counting seven or eight strands ... ?

Ennui - I'm impressed! There are 7 strands but one is doubled to make 8. The doubled strand is a harvest strand and probably my favorite of the bunch. You were correct on all counts.

_33856.jpg

_33857.jpg

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock

Ermit love your strands and the picture of all of them together is da bomb :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ermit,

I envy your pearl collection!

I personally think that your new multicolor strand is quite oval in shape (so much so that I thought at first it was one of the ovals), and it's larger, so if it were me, I'd keep it and return the oval, especially since you have a round strand and some gorgeous strands for more casual wear. I love your harvest strand!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

Ermit: beautiful neckful of pearls! :appl:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

My ombre Tahitian strand from the August sale arrived today. I took a photo in the box along with my silver baroque Tahitians from pkinnew. And, then a neck shot and some close ups of the pearls. These pearls all have strong overtones and look amazing. The plan is to eventually put them into a tin-cup style strand with gemstone rondelles, but first I think I will wear it a few times as it is.

sombre_0839.jpg

ombre_0835.jpg

ombre_0843.jpg

ombre_0841a.jpg

ennui

Brilliant_Rock

I love it as is -- on your neck, it's like a string of sequential lights, like a wave. Just beautiful! :appl:

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock

Ermit, I love your blue rounds, and the multi does look oval/round, all your new strands will work great! The circled is so interesting, your collection is well rounded. I might give up the oval strand due to the rounds and the multi. :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results