carat
color
clarity

Fabulous CS rings under 2,000 dollar!!

PickieBee

Rough_Rock
mochiko42|1438756918|3911321 said:
PickieBee|1438719613|3911115 said:
I picked this ring up for $100 on eBay. Imagine my surprise when this 2.25ct "London blue topaz" arrived and turned out to actually be natural blue zircon!

Wow, great score! Any ideas as to the side stones?

They are real diamonds, nice and clear, but I don't know the carat weight.

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Jim McCormick's Malaya garnet and Diamond Zone's setting $1000 and fee for yellow gold prongs and setting the stone $100 here in Finland. Setting is made for 7x9mm (smallest stone for this setting is 6x8mm). My stone is 7.2x8mm so setting the stone needed prongs. Setting itself is very low (almost too low for my taste) :D . This is very dainty ring vs. my Jaffe setting but I like this style more. At least now.

_33659.jpg

_33660.jpg

_33661.jpg

_33662.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Confection I LOVE the stone in that setting! MDZ has great affordable settings, and they look much more expensive than they are, which is perfect :appl: It looks great on your hand!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Confection10|1440682243|3919816 said:
Jim McCormick's Malaya garnet and Diamond Zone's setting $1000 and fee for yellow gold prongs and setting the stone $100 here in Finland. Setting is made for 7x9mm (smallest stone for this setting is 6x8mm). My stone is 7.2x8mm so setting the stone needed prongs. Setting itself is very low (almost too low for my taste) :D . This is very dainty ring vs. my Jaffe setting but I like this style more. At least now.

Confection, I LOVE this ring! My goodness, the setting is so pretty and has a great presence on your hand and the color of the stone is beautiful. And I love oval shaped rings, I just think it is a very flattering look on the hand. Wow, well done! :clap:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous Confection! And under 1250 $ :appl:
This ring looks gorgeous on you! Thanks for sharing your pics and the insights.

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Confection, I adore your ring! I hope you are not upset, but at this moment I have the same one being made! Your photos make me so happy with the choice, as your ring is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing :love: Wear it in good health!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning Confection!

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
lovedogs, junebug17, Acinom and ricezo, many thanks :wavey:

apacherose, thank You! No, no; I'm very excited, because I love to see Your version of this setting :appl: ! What is Your stone???

I couldn't resist...under halogen ;-)

_33718.jpg

_33719.jpg

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW limosun you have lovely rings, and some are out of the scrap pile!! :D

ecf8503 great vintage style and wonderful blue color! :appl:

userangl28212003 great finds! :clap:

Asscherhalo_lover perfect set =)

Great find PickieBee! :clap:

Confection10 Congrats!! on your new garnet great setting. :bigsmile:

THANK you all for sharing your beautiful settings and colored stones!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear this ring every day. It was under $1250, my blue moonstone ring.

moonstone_iphone_blue.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL|1440824027|3920639 said:
I wear this ring every day. It was under $1250, my blue moonstone ring.

Ooooh! Gorgeous moonstone and setting. :appl:
Could you share where you found you stone and who made your setting TL?

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Ethereal, magical, dreamy...these came to my mind first. Beautiful stone in beautiful setting. May I ask, where have you bought stone and setting?

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Great setting Confection, TL (love your moonstone ring) and Limosun!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhh love that moonstone ring, TL! It has that perfect blue sheen, and the setting really enhances its beauty. :clap:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stone is from my personal jeweler who only had this one stock. He loves phenomena stones. It was old stock evidently.

Setting is actually silver, and is one of the ebay Chinese dealers, but I don't remember which one. You can probably find it on ebay easily though, as multiple sellers have it. It was around $150. The prongs are very thick, so I'm not worried about losing the gem. One day I may reset the stone in something more "worthy."

It is one of my favorite rings and gems. The blue adularescence is very strong, and shows a periwinkle blue color over the whole face of the stone, and it is crystal clear except for one inclusion you need a loupe to see. Picture was taken with my new iphone 6. It's a pretty good camera. Here's another super up close picture taken in my car, the stone is a bit "dusty," but this is how deep in color it can get. There is no backing on the ring, and no reflection from the sky or clothes. I do need to scrub the ring though, looks very dirty so up close!

Thanks for the compliments.

ETA: This thread is chock full of gorgeous rings. Thanks to everyone who posted theirs.

tlmoonstone_iphone_periwinkle.jpg

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Stone Hunter and Lovinggems, thanks!

TL, thanks for information :wavey:

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Here are my two for this thread! these were each well under the limit in this thread; the total for both was ~$1350ish.
The first is minousbijoux's lovely pink spinel 8.46x6.87x4.65 in confections MDZ semi mount. It is to be a gift for my mother. I love it and wish it was mine!!! This spinel is so pretty I am so grateful to have received it.
Code:

_33798.jpg

_33799.jpg

_33800.jpg

_33801.jpg

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
The next is Katharath's stunning 6mm unheated sapphire. I love this stone in every light. The chunky facets go so well with its MDZ setting. It is a gift for my sister but seriously wish it was mine, too. Very grateful for how this came together, it awaits a photo shoot in a lavender mrs. Box. The pretty box bottom pictured is from etsy the ring box shop :)

_33802.jpg

_33803.jpg

_33804.jpg

_33805.jpg

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Setting detail shots:

_33806.jpg

_33807.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
apacherose|1440982175|3921380 said:
Here are my two for this thread! these were each well under the limit in this thread; the total for both was ~$1350ish.
The first is minousbijoux's lovely pink spinel 8.46x6.87x4.65 in confections MDZ semi mount. It is to be a gift for my mother. I love it and wish it was mine!!! This spinel is so pretty I am so grateful to have received it.
Code:
Can't believe that those two combined nearly made it under the threshold for this thread. And they are both so lovely!

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
apacherose, they are perfect. I loved to see that round halo...I have drooled it :D.

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
TL|1440856569|3920746 said:
ETA: This thread is chock full of gorgeous rings. Thanks to everyone who posted theirs.

Agree. I love this thread. Goodness. Inspiring... and enabling.... :o

So Tl great moonstone. I wish I could see such an amazing stone in real life. I bet they would blow me away, but the moonstones I have seen have not held a candle to the one you have. I like the mount, as well, but it is vintage and I like everything vintage...

Thanks Niel and Confection- Niel, I saved tons by having sizes that went in semi-mounts. Confection, seriously I love the round halo. I could like order ten of them for gems in different colors- totally delicate but, wow- really well executed mount.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
apacherose|1440999914|3921465 said:
TL|1440856569|3920746 said:

Agree. I love this thread. Goodness. Inspiring... and enabling.... :o

So Tl great moonstone. I wish I could see such an amazing stone in real life. I bet they would blow me away, but the moonstones I have seen have not held a candle to the one you have. I like the mount, as well, but it is vintage and I like everything vintage...

Thanks Niel and Confection- Niel, I saved tons by having sizes that went in semi-mounts. Confection, seriously I love the round halo. I could like order ten of them for gems in different colors- totally delicate but, wow- really well executed mount.

Thanks Apacherose,
I adore the stone, but the setting is definitely not vintage, but I did buy it because it looked that way. As I mentioned before, it is a silver setting from a Chinese ebay store. It cost $150. They make this setting in gold too. It's already getting tarnished, but the wonderful thing about moonstones is that they look great in darkened metal, which is also why I went with silver, and to keep the cost down. That's after all what this thread is about, great gemstone rings at low cost! :D

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
apacherose: your rings are amazing and look super chique!!! I like :love: :love: :love:
Please post more pics of your beauties. They look stunning on your hand.

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
TL|1441020225|3921516 said:
Thanks Apacherose,
I adore the stone, but the setting is definitely not vintage, but I did buy it because it looked that way. As I mentioned before, it is a silver setting from a Chinese ebay store. It cost $150. They make this setting in gold too. It's already getting tarnished, but the wonderful thing about moonstones is that they look great in darkened metal, which is also why I went with silver, and to keep the cost down. That's after all what this thread is about, great gemstone rings at low cost! :D

Sorry for not being more specific, TL... I should have said 'vintage-style', I did read your post and saw what a fabulous ebay find it was. I have that nugget stored away, because, I agree, your moonstone looks fab in the darkened metal, and it has me pondering which other stones would really pop against the oxidized metal. Great look. I have even pondered having some of my gold pieces rhodium plated at times to get that 'antiqued' look where all the details pop.

Acinom- thank you! I am going to take more photos when the Mrs. Box comes- and I will take lots because I have to send these away to their mommies. Hopefully my sister lets me take some handshots as she is younger than me and her hands far more slender and beautiful!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apacherose those rings are gorgeous! The pink spinel is such a perfect shade of pink and the vintage style setting really does the gem justice. The unheated violet sapphire has such an amazing color and I love the diamond halo. Your mother and sister are very lucky ladies! :appl:

TL- your blue moonstone is other worldly- such a dream. :love:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LisaRN|1441074900|3921949 said:
Apacherose those rings are gorgeous! The pink spinel is such a perfect shade of pink and the vintage style setting really does the gem justice. The unheated violet sapphire has such an amazing color and I love the diamond halo. Your mother and sister are very lucky ladies! :appl:

TL- your blue moonstone is other worldly- such a dream. :love:

Thanks Lisa!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any recent fabulous buys under 1250 $?

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my fabulous Mozambique Purple Garnet with Color Change Garnet Sunflower Ring by Cecile Raley Designs in Rose Gold.

6mm Mozambique Purple Garnet center
1.2mm Tanzanian Color Change Garnet melee
14k rose gold

This gem combination glows when it is "on" but is not dark otherwise
Top left outdoor pic shows the colors at their best glowing. Top right vendor pic shows ring at its darkest. They are small stones so don't get very dark

Great price. It was under $1250 even with the coordinating pendant

_34803.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous Sungura :love: :love: :love: Beautiful combination of colours.
It's such a beautiful set. And under 1250$????

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results