shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for a Diamond that is exactly 1.12 carat

DarkKingz

Rough_Rock
Update:

Decided to go with Yekutiel for my 1.12 diamond. Great person to work with, very responsive and very patient. Thanks for the recommendation!

Just working out the shipping details and logistics with him and will report back any further updates.

Thanks again pricescope community!

PS: Is it common practice for people to get their diamonds appraised independently after a purchase?

DarkKingz

Rough_Rock
So I finally got a chance to see the diamond today and to my dismay, it isn't eye-clean. I can clearly see the black spec on the table of the diamond.

Now I know everyone has different definitions (viewing distance, face up vs. sides) but I was assured it was 1000% eye-clean viewed from the top face up.

Very disappointed at the moment as I was intending to propose while in Singapore with the diamond. Now i'm debating if I should email Yekutiel and figure out if i could refund / exchange after returning from my vacation (which will be after 30 days) or just go ahead with this diamond.

Thoughts?

D_

Shiny_Rock
I'm sorry to hear that, DarkKingz.
Doesn't hurt to ask.
It's an important purchase to feel disappointed about.
Perhaps propose with this one and exchange it later, if IDJ allows you to do that.
You'll be able to get her input as well afterward (which makes things much easier!)

DarkKingz

Rough_Rock
That's not a bad idea actually.

Maybe she won't notice it since people have different levels of vision sensitivity. If she does, I'll give idj a shout and see if we can work something out.

Thanks for the suggestion!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You need to contact IDJ immediately! Do not wait any longer especially since you are past the return period. I was concerned about that diamond in the first place with the black inclusions on the images. It is now too late for them to return the stone to the supplier since it is past 30 days, but maybe there is a chance they will let you exchange it. Go for VS2 this time and maybe you won't have this problem. I would not set this diamond and give it to her. It would put a damper on an otherwise happy occasion to give her a diamond with black specs and then tell her she has to give it up in order to return it. I hope they will find you a 100% eyeclean stone. Honestly, I think the 1.12 thing is really restrictive since it isn't even an important date and I would much rather have a great and clean stone with 1.05, etc. than this one with black inclusions.

D_

Shiny_Rock
I was under the impression there will be no time to exchange it and still be able to propose with previously planned timeline (during the vacation).
But if there is enough time then yes, exchange it first, that'll be better.
And agree w/ DS, contact IDJ right away to discuss the solution rather than waiting until after the proposal.
(Also under the impression it's still w/in the return/exchange period now, but not after the vacation)

DarkKingz

Rough_Rock
Got in touch with Yekutiel, who told me not to stress or worry as he'll make sure I'm satisfied with the purchase even if its after the return period.

I actually had a few family members take a look and they honestly couldn't see any of the black inclusions. I'm guessing either I have hyper sensitive vision or Im too familiar with the gia report.

Anyways I've decided to keep the stone and use it. Let's see if she says yes and if so, whether she'll notice it or not!

Thanks for everyone's feedback. It's great to be a part of such a wonderful community.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results