shape
carat
color
clarity

New Wedding Band - Need Your Opinion

njblinger

Rough_Rock
I have been looking for a new wedding band with a little bit more bling than what I've been wearing, which is a simple white gold band. I wanted a semi-eternity or a full-eternity with miligrain, roughly 1.5-2 mm in width that I can wear daily with my e-ring. I finally found a band that I like and I got it today. I am afraid it may be too wide for me - it is 2.7 mm. What do you think PSers? I don't want the band to distract from my stone. I have also attached a picture of my original band. Sorry the pictures are so big and sideways. Should I look for a narrower band?

_33736.jpg

new_12.jpg

original_7.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do think a slightly narrower band would look nicer - even though that would probably mean smaller diamonds.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think your massive rock could ever seem smaller. Sometimes you might want a big blingy look and sometimes you might crave a thinner band. Don't be afraid to alternate your look!

togal

Shiny_Rock
I think it looks nice... Much nicer than the plain band. You have a large main rock, so the new band holds up to it... As the other poster said, you can switch-up the look... I think it's a nice compliment to your BIG stone....a nice, substantial look.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1440826157|3920646 said:
I do think a slightly narrower band would look nicer - even though that would probably mean smaller diamonds.

+1
You have a gorgeously big diamond that cannot be swallowed easily. I do think a slightly smaller band will create a balanced look.

Dizzie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like this look a lot. Do not worry about this band overpowering you stone - it holds its own easily. Enjoy wearing it!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To be honest, I'm not loving it. While I'm not usually a matchy person, what about a band that mimics the shank on your ER in terms of width and diamond size.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the size of the stones in the band but the setting itself is too wide IMO. It just doesn't create the most balanced look.

I think I'd keep looking - finding the perfect band can be a real challenge but when you find it, you'll know it!!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is a tad to wide..but if you like it that is all that matters :wink2:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's probably a tad wider than I would choose for myself, but that said I think it looks good and imo doesn't take away from your rock, so if you are pleased with how it looks I think you should stick with it!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow! what a gorgeous stone.. I think if I could, I would go with a bit thinner bad that is total diamond and no gold showing, but that is me.. you have awesome taste.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1440867010|3920819 said:
It's probably a tad wider than I would choose for myself, but that said I think it looks good and imo doesn't take away from your rock, so if you are pleased with how it looks I think you should stick with it!

I agree. Keep it if you like it. But I would go for a band that once worn, would not extend further that the outer edge of your diamond. That allows your center stone to still exhibit it's gorgeous round outline. And definitely less metal on the band.

njblinger

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much everyone for your helpful comments! I will probably keep looking for a narrower band with less metal showing. I do like this band but not very practical for everyday wear for me.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I much prefer the original band.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your diamond ring is gorgeous. I think both bands look good but I prefer the smaller band with it. What matters is what you like. BTW, I am purchasing band 4 right now because I have the same problem - bands looks good, okay but it's not making me go "wow" I like that. So I am right there with you in your search. :wavey:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
The style is very pretty with your ring, but I think it would look more balanced & let your ering stand out more with a thinner band. I love your orig band too! I'm interested to see what you end up with. Your ering is gorgeous! :appl:

njblinger

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, my new band arrived today! It's a semi-eternity floating diamond band, 0.34 ct, 1.9mm. I think this is a keeper!

floatingbandnew.jpg

floatingband3.jpg

floatingband2.jpg

FightGravity

Shiny_Rock
Oh, I love this new one! It's beautiful, and makes a lovely non-match accent to your e-ring. Gorgeous!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
It does look too wide. I'd get a matching one and if you want mil grain just have that added

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The new one is SO much better. I love it!

Wendylynne

Shiny_Rock
love the new one. can you tell us where you got it?

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The new one looks gorgeous with your engagement ring. It lets your diamond be the star.

njblinger

Rough_Rock
Hi, I got the band from Blue Nile. I've never purchased anything from them before, but I'm pleased with the quality of the band - the stones are very bright and sparkly.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Guess I'm the lone dissenter, but I don't care for the new one. It seems unbalanced..

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the new band!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the new band. It looks great with your ering but doesn't take away from it or your diamond. :appl:

LizzyS

Rough_Rock
The new band is perfect! It really accentuates your ering and is just the perfect size. I like matching and non-matching bands equally when done right. Your new band is wonderful.

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Third time's the charm. Love the new band with your gorgeous ering.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
The new blue Nile band looks great with your ering! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results