shape
carat
color
clarity

Show us your Mrs. Box with your rings!

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I just noticed they still have the "limited edition" section up on their website. If the boxes are no longer made out of vintage velvet, isn't that kind of misleading?

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OCgirl|1440464229|3918751 said:
I just noticed they still have the "limited edition" section up on their website. If the boxes are no longer made out of vintage velvet, isn't that kind of misleading?

I think limited edition refers to the fact that, once these colors are sold out, they won't be available again. That's my understanding anyway.

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
ihy138|1440466303|3918770 said:

I think limited edition refers to the fact that, once these colors are sold out, they won't be available again. That's my understanding anyway.

"Did you know our boxes are all limited edition? Why? Because each piece is handmade from vintage French velvet. So when we run out, unless someone invents a time machine for us to travel back in time so we can order more velvet from mills that are no longer in existence, then that's it!"

That's what their website says currently :think:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OCgirl|1440472554|3918809 said:

"Did you know our boxes are all limited edition? Why? Because each piece is handmade from vintage French velvet. So when we run out, unless someone invents a time machine for us to travel back in time so we can order more velvet from mills that are no longer in existence, then that's it!"

Did you get yours yet, OCgirl? What do you think of the color and quality of the velvet and the box in general? I really wanted one in Nouvelle, too, but after hearing the feedback about the difference in velvet quality compared to their previous boxes, I decided to hold off on ordering.. :confused:

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
mochiko42|1440478420|3918844 said:

Did you get yours yet, OCgirl? What do you think of the color and quality of the velvet and the box in general? I really wanted one in Nouvelle, too, but after hearing the feedback about the difference in velvet quality compared to their previous boxes, I decided to hold off on ordering.. :confused:

Not yet. But I missed out on the previous batch. I really wanted the Drake (which is the vintage mint color one they had). I will take pictures once I receive it. Can you wait a few more days? :D

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

They need to update it. The changed the description on the product pages, i guess they haven't changed the rest yet...

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
mochiko42|1440478420|3918844 said:

Mochiko, I think it is only really apparent if you have one from a past collection. I doubt I would have ever known if I didn't have another to compare it too- it still photographs well and the color is rich, but I feel like the new box material feels very run of the mill and almost machine made ( because of how thin it is) vs the vintage velvet boxes which are very thick and rich.

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So my boxes came today. I knew they were small, but I didn't know they were this small. I see what others say about the velvet as well. It does feel rather thin. I do like the rose gold embossed initial, though.
The box I got for my SIL also has seams that don't exactly line up. That bugs me. Since I got it monogrammed with her initial, it's non refundable.

_33598.jpg

_33599.jpg

_33600.jpg

_33601.jpg

redroze1

Shiny_Rock
My Victoire arrived and it is frickin adorable. I'd probably prefer vintage velvet but it's beautiful just the same.

image_3785.jpg image_3786.jpg image_3787.jpg image_3789.jpg
image_3788.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It seems like they had a great product that became hugely popular and they couldn't keep up with demand. Now a lot of people are saying the quality isn't the same. What a bummer.

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Ugh, that really is misleading. :nono:

My Margaery is on its way! I will report back with my thoughts. I sure do love the velvet on the old boxes and I hope I'm not disappointed. For what it's worth, they still look lovely as ever!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redroze1|1440537393|3919136 said:
My Victoire arrived and it is frickin adorable. I'd probably prefer vintage velvet but it's beautiful just the same.

It looks lovely redroze1! So does your ring! :love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are super cute, but since they aren't necessarily using the vintage velvet, I can't justify paying that much for them. I will just enjoy everyone's boxes. :love:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Still awaiting the shipment notification for mine, when I get them I'll be able to compare the new ones with my old ones too.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
ame|1440596467|3919349 said:
Still awaiting the shipment notification for mine, when I get them I'll be able to compare the new ones with my old ones too.

I am really curious what your thoughts will be, ame. I know you are a stickler for details, so I may wait to hear your thoughts before deciding what to keep. :think:

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You all are terrible enablers! Will someone post a more 'life size' shot for perspective? How small are these dang things?

TheMrsBox

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi dollyanjuli (and amazing pricescopers and mrs box lovers!)

First off, thank you for being such dedicated followers of our boxes.

I hope it is okay that I popped in here (as owner of The Mrs. Box) just to let you know that we are happy to send you a new box if there are any quality issues at all!!! Even if it is monogrammed. So feel free to send us an email and we will take care of you. ;-)

Also, we did happen to catch that one of the pages on our site wasn't properly updated in regards to our velvet. We've made the change. Our new colors are custom dyed and therefore will still be limited edition, but as you can imagine, we ran out of vintage velvet (outside of a few colors like brown, which we figured wouldn't be quite as popular as, say, mint or blush). One of the difficult issues for us, if you can imagine, is constantly upsetting customers by running out too fast. It has been a bit of a balancing act for us!! We appreciate your feedback!

Also, just so you know this new velvet is TWICE the price per box as our old velvet. Obviously we haven't raised our box prices, but we thought you might appreciate knowing. If you have more questions about the velvet and/or the quality and/or why it's different, let us know! I'm happy to answer.

Lastly, as I think you can see in the thread, lighting has a MAJOR impact in how the colors appear in these boxes. We shot our boxes using natural light but obviously indoors, they look completely different. This is always tricky to figure out, but as always, we offer free returns and exchanges if you don't love your color in person. We really truly love the colors but understand if you didn't get the color you thought you were purchasing.

Feel free to let me know if you have questions or concerns. I hope it is okay that I joined just to chime in!!

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
TheMrsBox|1440617656|3919516 said:

I hope it is okay that I popped in here (as owner of The Mrs. Box) just to let you know that we are happy to send you a new box if there are any quality issues at all!!! Even if it is monogrammed. So feel free to send us an email and we will take care of you. ;-)

Also, we did happen to catch that one of the pages on our site wasn't properly updated in regards to our velvet. We've made the change. Our new colors are custom dyed and therefore will still be limited edition, but as you can imagine, we ran out of vintage velvet (outside of a few colors like brown, which we figured wouldn't be quite as popular as, say, mint or blush). One of the difficult issues for us, if you can imagine, is constantly upsetting customers by running out too fast. It has been a bit of a balancing act for us!! We appreciate your feedback!

Also, just so you know this new velvet is TWICE the price per box as our old velvet. Obviously we haven't raised our box prices, but we thought you might appreciate knowing. If you have more questions about the velvet and/or the quality and/or why it's different, let us know! I'm happy to answer.

Lastly, as I think you can see in the thread, lighting has a MAJOR impact in how the colors appear in these boxes. We shot our boxes using natural light but obviously indoors, they look completely different. This is always tricky to figure out, but as always, we offer free returns and exchanges if you don't love your color in person. We really truly love the colors but understand if you didn't get the color you thought you were purchasing.

Feel free to let me know if you have questions or concerns. I hope it is okay that I joined just to chime in!!

Hello Mrs. Box! thank you for chiming in. I will email you about my Scarlett separately =)

I am curious about the velvet thickness- understanding the last one was vintage and very limited, why did you choose for your new rolls of velvet to be slightly less thick? Just for curiosity sake. Thanks! :wavey:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are a few comparison shots of the previous version of the light pink Mrs. Box compared to the new Victoire one:

img_9756.jpg

img_6126.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Scarlett in direct outdoor sunlight:

img_9794.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few more of the Scarlett in different lighting conditions:

img_9725.jpg

img_9728.jpg

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
M-2-b, what are your thoughts on these? Obviously I probably won't be able to see the vintage velvet ones in person and compare them to the new ones :blackeye:

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
And your ring is beautiful in that box. But I am sure your ring is beautiful even wrapped in a used napkin... :lol:

TheMrsBox

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi dollyanjuli!

Believe it or not, I've spent the last several years researching velvet! The owner of the world's largest remaining supply of the vintage velvet has shared with me her absolute exasperation that velvet like the vintage French is no longer made. She's even asked some of the world's largest producers of velvet if that style and quality will ever be made again and they insist it will not. I believe one of the main reasons is the demand for high quality velvet no longer exists like it used to (think couture gowns with velvet embellishments). So when it came time for us to find a replacement, it wasn't like we had a huge array of options to choose from: thick or thin? Dull or shiny? Those kinds of velvet options do not exist in the textile world. What we found is what we think is the absolute best In the world and we are quite proud of it. I've honestly fallen in love with the new materials and really truly am so proud of how beautiful they look! I actually love these new boxes immensely more than our original materials.

I hope that insight helps a bit. Let me know if you have any other questions! I'm happy to answer.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OCgirl|1440638997|3919685 said:
And your ring is beautiful in that box. But I am sure your ring is beautiful even wrapped in a used napkin... :lol:

Now THAT'S the TRUTH!!! :bigsmile:

I think all the rings posted look gorgeous in the little boxes! Yimmers AVR and Redroze's rings are beautiful in them!!!

I would like to ask MrsBox one question, please. Do rings with thicker shanks fit in the boxes? (Such as 3mm wide and 2mm thick)? I want to be sure the box tops would close and that they'd fit in the opening.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OCgirl|1440638936|3919683 said:
M-2-b, what are your thoughts on these? Obviously I probably won't be able to see the vintage velvet ones in person and compare them to the new ones :blackeye:

OCgirl said:

Thanks, OCgirl! ::)

To answer your question, I think the latest versions are more sleek, shiny, and modern whereas the older ones look more plush and vintage. But I think each version is appealing in their own different way.

Just have to say that I do love how the Scarlett shimmers in direct sunlight (as seen here):

img_9738.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
TheMrsBox|1440617656|3919516 said:

TheMrsBox|1440639381|3919686 said:
Hi dollyanjuli!

Believe it or not, I've spent the last several years researching velvet! The owner of the world's largest remaining supply of the vintage velvet has shared with me her absolute exasperation that velvet like the vintage French is no longer made. She's even asked some of the world's largest producers of velvet if that style and quality will ever be made again and they insist it will not. I believe one of the main reasons is the demand for high quality velvet no longer exists like it used to (think couture gowns with velvet embellishments). So when it came time for us to find a replacement, it wasn't like we had a huge array of options to choose from: thick or thin? Dull or shiny? Those kinds of velvet options do not exist in the textile world. What we found is what we think is the absolute best In the world and we are quite proud of it. I've honestly fallen in love with the new materials and really truly am so proud of how beautiful they look! I actually love these new boxes immensely more than our original materials.

I hope that insight helps a bit. Let me know if you have any other questions! I'm happy to answer.
THANK YOU for chiming in!!! I love how well you explained this. I can't wait to get my navy and emerald boxes...as you know I have pestered you for MONTHS for these.

rubybeth|1440596869|3919355 said:
ame|1440596467|3919349 said:

I am really curious what your thoughts will be, ame. I know you are a stickler for details, so I may wait to hear your thoughts before deciding what to keep. :think:
I am pretty anal retentive. From the photos posted here of the new ones, I am not concerned at all. But I will wait and see in person.

Yes, they are pricey. But they're tiny little boxes, and they take materials and time and detail to make. And that is time, material and detail I am not going to put into it to make one myself! Whether this is custom velvet or antique velvet isn't really an issue for me, and doesn't weigh into the price factor for me. I don't know that for me it's particularly relevant. Sure it was a lovely touch, adding to the narrative for a wedding, but what matters to me is that they're made well, look beautiful and hold my rings safely. Since I put a ponytail band around them to keep the lid on while they get transported in my purse in a little pouch, it's actually better that they're not antique velvet. Preserves them better.

m-2-b|1440644136|3919715 said:
OCgirl|1440638936|3919683 said:

OCgirl said:

Thanks, OCgirl! ::)

To answer your question, I think the latest versions are more sleek, shiny, and modern whereas the older ones look more plush and vintage. But I think each version is appealing in their own different way.

Just have to say that I do love how the Scarlett shimmers in direct sunlight (as seen here):
:shock: :o :drool: :love: Holy. Crapola. :lickout:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1440643583|3919714 said:

I think all the rings posted look gorgeous in the little boxes! Yimmers AVR and Redroze's rings are beautiful in them!!!

I would like to ask MrsBox one question, please. Do rings with thicker shanks fit in the boxes? (Such as 3mm wide and 2mm thick)? I want to be sure the box tops would close and that they'd fit in the opening.
The widest ring I've put in mine was my 3mm promise band and it fit fine.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
ame said:
diamondseeker2006|1440643583|3919714 said:

The widest ring I've put in mine was my 3mm promise band and it fit fine.

DS: wider bands will fit!

imageuploadedbytapatalk1440802226.jpg

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
The two boxes I bought from the first fall colors arrived: The Roosevelt (silver gray) and The Norah Mae (light pink). The sapphire blue The Brightstone has been shipped but hasn't arrived yet.

I don't know what the French velvet is like but this velvet seems fine. It's soft and warm feeling, but, yes, tiny. I suppose it doesn't need to be a big box since it's only holding one ring. I do have to push my ering far down into the cushion in order for the top to close all the way - I'm guessing that's normal. I don't have any glue residue on them and the seams are within 1mm of being in line with each other.

I like the gray a lot. I'll post the light pink next.

_33723.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results