carat
color
clarity

Please help rank these Cushions before I buy. Thx

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
dbuyer|1440769339|3920300 said:

1. There's something about this diamond that seems a little off, maybe the facet pattern? or mushy under the table? This stone I'd want to see an Aset and/or have a chance to see it in person loose before committing to a setting...

2. I see a couple tiny dark crystal inclusion on the table so I would pass - I know JA said it was eyeclean but personally I don't take chances with dark inclusions on the face of a stone. Hard to tell without an Aset, but I also suspect it is a little mushy under the table.

3. This is similar to #5 (my top choice) but squarer in shape, with a slightly larger table. I favor the patterning on #5 but that just comes down to personal preference.

4. I like this diamond but I do see several white/clear crystal inclusion on the face of this stone so I'd really want to be sure JA's definition of eyeclean matches mine (my definition is: nothing visible top or sides from 6 inches away -- other definitions of eyeclean are eyeclean from 10-12" away etc.). If eyeclean, I'd rank it 3rd - I do prefer #5 and #3 over this stone.

5. This is my favorite of the 5 diamonds - I like the crisp patterning, and it has a good crown and pleasing overall shape.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My order would be

then

dbuyer

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your opinions.

Could I do better in this price range or are these quality diamonds from what you can see?

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1440773095|3920331 said:
My order would be

then
I agree. Get your asets on these ones, you can post and make a final decision from there.

OP these are very nice picks. You need to put them on hold ASAP or a lurker will come snap them up.

dbuyer

Rough_Rock
telephone89|1440777911|3920365 said:
tyty333|1440773095|3920331 said:
My order would be

then
I agree. Get your asets on these ones, you can post and make a final decision from there.

OP these are very nice picks. You need to put them on hold ASAP or a lurker will come snap them up.

No asets are available on 4, 5, 3. I wish they were.
I'm going to have to go off of the experts eyes. :angel:

dbuyer

Rough_Rock
What do you do when no aset's are available?

Why don't all diamonds have an aset?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Without an ASET buy either 3 or 4.

Those are the best choices.

dbuyer

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1440790048|3920450 said:
Without an ASET buy either 3 or 4.

Those are the best choices.

Would you chose one over the other?

solgen

Brilliant_Rock
I'd pick #4 as I like the scintillation of the outer facets.

dbuyer

Rough_Rock
marymm|1440771092|3920311 said:
dbuyer|1440769339|3920300 said:

1. There's something about this diamond that seems a little off, maybe the facet pattern? or mushy under the table? This stone I'd want to see an Aset and/or have a chance to see it in person loose before committing to a setting...

2. I see a couple tiny dark crystal inclusion on the table so I would pass - I know JA said it was eyeclean but personally I don't take chances with dark inclusions on the face of a stone. Hard to tell without an Aset, but I also suspect it is a little mushy under the table.

3. This is similar to #5 (my top choice) but squarer in shape, with a slightly larger table. I favor the patterning on #5 but that just comes down to personal preference.

4. I like this diamond but I do see several white/clear crystal inclusion on the face of this stone so I'd really want to be sure JA's definition of eyeclean matches mine (my definition is: nothing visible top or sides from 6 inches away -- other definitions of eyeclean are eyeclean from 10-12" away etc.). If eyeclean, I'd rank it 3rd - I do prefer #5 and #3 over this stone.

5. This is my favorite of the 5 diamonds - I like the crisp patterning, and it has a good crown and pleasing overall shape.

I asked about #4 and they confirmed its perfectly eye clean. JA judges from 8-10 inches but did say with regards to #4.
"Your diamond is perfectly eye clean. Any diamonds graded by GIA VS2 and above will be eye clean. The inclusions listed on the certificate will be too small to be visible with the naked eye"

Thanks again for the advice.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice choice! I see no reason to change it because of medium blue fluorescence. It is something that you'd likely never know is there unless you hold the ring under a UV light. Fluorescence is a beautiful natural phenomenon, and I actually would love it in an E color stone.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1440822046|3920633 said:
Very nice choice! I see no reason to change it because of medium blue fluorescence. It is something that you'd likely never know is there unless you hold the ring under a UV light. Fluorescence is a beautiful natural phenomenon, and I actually would love it in an E color stone.

I agree 100%

dbuyer

Rough_Rock
Thanks. You've eased my concerns.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: Beautiful! What kind of setting are you thinking?

dbuyer

Rough_Rock
I received this from JA today. My original ship date was the 13th so I planned a weekend away where I planned to propose. This email ruins my plan. Has anyone heard of JA offering a discount for a delay like this?

We are writing today with important information regarding your recent purchase. Our production department has determined that we need to produce a new wax model to best accommodate the dimensions of your center diamond/gemstone. There is no additional cost to you for this service, nor will this affect your return policy. It will, however, require a little bit of additional time. We are now anticipating your order will be ready for its final quality assurance inspection by September 22, 2015. Once it passes quality assurance, we will email you a tracking number to confirm your package is on its way.

We understand that delays can be frustrating, but creating your ring from wax is truly the best way to ensure that the design meets (if not exceeds) your expectations. If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to contact our 24/7 Customer Service Center via phone, live chat, or email.

Sincerely,

James Allen Customer Service

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results