shape
carat
color
clarity

I need help finding this ring or one very similar.

newuser727

Rough_Rock
Hi all. I am in a bit of a bind in terms of time. I need this ( http://www.verragio.com/Verragio-En...tal_type=undefined&s_prod_gemstones=undefined ) within exactly 3 weeks. I don't understand why they don't have it in stock, but everywhere I'm checking, apparently you need four to six weeks to order it. Is there anywhere that would have it in stock? I need it in a size 4.

I want to put a radiant cut diamond on it between 1.20-1.50 carat.

Can someone please help me find out where I can get this within 3 weeks? Or, if that's not possible, are there any very similar ones that you might know of? Thank you.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most stores carry their rings in a size 6 or 7, and a size 4 would be a special order from Verragio. Apparently 4 to 6 weeks is the amount of time it takes to order the ring from Verragio (I suspect the stone would also be sent to Verragio to be set by them, but I could be wrong.) You have to figure at least a week of that time is shipping and handling that isn't going away no matter what. You could try to contact Verragio yourself to see if there's a way to expedite the setting, but I rather doubt that will help.

As I said earlier, most jewelers carry their inventory in larger sizes. Even if they had that style in-house in a larger size, I doubt you'd be able to find a jeweler who'd be willing to undertake such a substantial and complicated re-size job in-house. So unless you get very lucky, you won't be able to get this style or anything with a similar gallery in your time frame. (And by the way, if you find a jeweler who does offer to resize that style for you in-house - well, personally, I'd run and not look back. There are many ways to screw up re-sizing a ring with a complicated as complicated an architecture as that ring has, and I guarantee you that most local jewelers would find at least one of them. Verragio would most likely just make you a ring in the proper size.)

Could you propose with very a simple solitaire and a promise to have the ring re-set into your chosen setting later on? This would also give your gf a chance to be in on the ring selection process, if she hasn't already had that opportunity.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm in the camp "when there's a will there's a way." I'd call immediately - and to use yet another cliche "kill em with kindness." With the improved accuracy/tracking of overnight packages, I think personally I'd try hard to make it happen. Then, if NO WAY - it's time for Plan B.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What area do you live in? If I were you, I'd go to their store locator page, and call every. single. one. that's close by. Ask if they have style # xxx in size 4 in stock. It's a long shot because that's a pretty small size, but someone might! Are you open to other settings by verragio? Maybe keep a back up style # in mind that you can also ask for.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
There is going to be no way to resize that ring because there is detail all around the shank, and I'd put money on the fact that no jewelry store is going to carry a sample version in a size 4, since the average US women's finger size is 6, and nobody would be able to try on a 4. Is this for a surprise proposal? I suggest putting the stone in a temp setting (simple solitaire) and order the Verragio setting in the correct size.

Edited to add: as for similar settings, I suspect they would also need to be custom made because of the small finger size, and in 3 weeks, that would be tough if not impossible. Do you already have a center diamond? I really think a simple temp setting would be the way to go.

venetian-5062cu-large-1182.png

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I say put the stone in a simple solitaire temp setting and present her with that and let her know that she gets to pick out the
setting of her choice! She'll thank you for letting her have some input on the setting.

Do your best to turn lemon into lemonade!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about this similar setting from Gabriel? https://eshop.gabrielny.com/product/ER10255W83JJ/amavida

Idjewelry.com is a great PS vendor that carries Gabriel line and could tell you about their lead time for ordering settings. As others pointed out, size 4 is not stock so needs to be a special order.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
baby monster|1440707917|3920027 said:
How about this similar setting from Gabriel? https://eshop.gabrielny.com/product/ER10255W83JJ/amavida

Idjewelry.com is a great PS vendor that carries Gabriel line and could tell you about their lead time for ordering settings. As others pointed out, size 4 is not stock so needs to be a special order.

Good find Baby monster!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Also, I like the idea of putting it into a solitaire until you can get her dream setting. :wavey:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so bad. I know OP this is not exactly what you asked, assuming you will go for the platinum version, Victor Canera can make something similar (not exactly the same). Given that the Verragio starts at $3900 for gold, I think the pricing for Victor won't be that much more. And it's hand made. And you can customize it. Just don't make the diamonds on the shank go all the way down. And Victor can make a cushion halo for a round stone. Just tell him you need it in three weeks, and he will tell you if he can do it.

https://www.victorcanera.com/rings/engagement/braided-shank-halo-solitaire

This is his round in a cushion halo, with a petal profile.
https://www.victorcanera.com/rings/engagement/the-emilya-with-petal-profile

Sorry, I am very biased. I have a jocelyn from him and I love his work.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
You're in dreamland if you think you're getting a Verragio in a size 4 in 3 weeks. Be realistic. There are people who have to wait 2 months or more just to get their stones set in stock rings in their size. Is that HER dream ring? Did SHE pick that? Or are YOU selecting that? Why three weeks? If you have to present a ring in three weeks, put it in a simple inexpensive solitaire and present that. Then you can confirm that's really the setting she wants, and then order it in her size. Otherwise she can find the one she wants, or design something she wants.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I could not agree more with putting the ring in a solitare setting and electing her pick her own setting. As women we often think we want a certain setting but often feel completely different once we try rings on. She needs to see what looks best to her eyes on her hand.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results