shape
carat
color
clarity

Would u prefer flowers or the $ set aside for bling

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
I know it's nice to be pampered with flowers and such... But would u rather have that money out towards the bling fund???

Thoughts???

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Absolutely!! Hubby knows not to buy me flowers! While I do think that they are beautiful, I'll buy them for the table myself when they're on sale at Trader Joe's or the supermarket. Much rather have the $50-$100 to put towards bling!

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
99% of the time bling. However, there are often small/cute little bouquets for 5$, which I'm not opposed to either :) Starbucks or flowers, I'd pick flowers. Bling or flowers, I'd pick bling.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Flowers only last a week plus DH has allergies so bling it is. :bigsmile:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like some of the pretty $10 or less stuff from the grocery store. The more expensive cut flowers I have no use for. Big waste of money.

DH knows I would rather have it saved for something sparkly or a day for the two of us to go visit Flower World and buy stuff that will come back in our garden year after year.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually wouldn't mind flowers once or twice a year (for whatever, they don't have to be super expensive). The rest of the time $ set aside for bling. I've been slowly trying to grow things like zinnias, herbs, hydrangea, a rose bush that I can cut and make mini bouquets during the summer.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I like getting flowers. It's not about the flowers - it's about the gesture. I really don't see the flowers I get once or twice a year making that much of a difference to a bling fund. I get maybe a couple of bouquets a year at about $50 a pop, so it would take several years to accumulate to anything significant.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Both. Life should have flowers once in a while.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No more bouquets or potted plants in the house, except for wheat grass for the kitties. The last straw... Mother in law gave us a small vase with roses, and I placed it on the dining room table. I turn my back for one minute and my cat is nibbling on the bouquet! I pick it up and she jumps off the table and screams at me. I walk into the kitchen and she's right at my heels with this possessed look in her eyes. I speed up from a walk to a run and this cat is chasing me around the kitchen like a junky fiending.

I've been obsessed with terrariums lately. And whole foods sells really cute ones. DH would hear me go on and on about how much I wanted a terrarium, so on two occasions, as a pick me up, he dragged my arse to whole foods to pick out a terrarium. So that's become our new "flowers". I did catch my cat on two occasions with a paw in the glass terrarium bowl, but no nibbling, phew!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
gregchang35|1440691469|3919894 said:
I know it's nice to be pampered with flowers and such... But would u rather have that money out towards the bling fund???

Thoughts???
Bling fund, definitely. I am allergic to most flowers, and they die instantly in my possession.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love flowers...and as little as the cost and as few times I get them...I would rather have the flowers....

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love flowers planted in my yard. I can't imagine not having rose bushes to enjoy all summer. I am asuming you are referring to a bouquet of flowers. Bouquets are beautiful but I would much rather the money be spent on BLING!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love receiving bouquets of flowers, especially from my husband - I take great pleasure in arranging them and looking at them and enjoying their fragrance - most bouquets last at least a week for me, and as the arrangements bring me joy and I in turn repeatedly/randomly praise my DH for the lovely flowers while they last... well, it all adds up to extra bits of happiness for us. The monetary value of the flowers wouldn't add so much to my bling fund as to outweigh the intrinsic value to me of the bouquet experience (so to speak), so my vote is for flowers.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
While I love flowers I am sad when they die and I prefer not spending money on something that is beautiful but so fleeting. So my dh is under strict instructions no flowers at all. Instead we have a lovely lovely garden and I enjoy the flowers outside and all the money for romantic gifts is saved for yup you guessed it...BLING. :appl:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love flowers...cant wait till my kids get married so I can pick them out for their weddings. So, who cares what they want? :bigsmile:

But, atlas, I'm also cheap so I'm good with the $10-$15 bouquet from the local grocery store. I like to arrange them and probably
wouldn't be as happy if I were sent a pre-arranged bouquet.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I *love* flowers. Love. If he were to buy me flowers, they would be to plant in our yard, not to have in a vase in the house. When I think of all the money we've put into what's in our yard...man I could have some kick ass sparklies! We've got quite a bit in our yard tho, so at this point I'd just rather put it toward a jewelry project.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Never flowers.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bling.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both! :Up_to_something:

I love flowers! They brighten the room. I also love bling so I can live with the $6 bunches from Trader Joe's. :naughty:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
I am not really a big flower person for gifts between us. But hubby likes the flowers that get sent to work... LOL..

however, I do like fresh flowers in the house now and then, more so when guests are coming to the house! LOL

yes, flowers only lasts a week.. so we get them sporadically- when the mood strikes us.

Fortunately, i am the only one with the bling fund. i am not sure if we could survive if we both have to have a bling fund!!!!!!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mr. Distracts gets me flowers once or twice a year, and I like that. But I wouldn't want them regularly.

PintoBean|1440705554|3920008 said:
The last straw... Mother in law gave us a small vase with roses, and I placed it on the dining room table. I turn my back for one minute and my cat is nibbling on the bouquet! I pick it up and she jumps off the table and screams at me. I walk into the kitchen and she's right at my heels with this possessed look in her eyes. I speed up from a walk to a run and this cat is chasing me around the kitchen like a junky fiending.

Hahahhaha!!!! Your cat sounds like quite the character.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results