shape
carat
color
clarity

1 pointer vs. 1.5 pointer pics please?

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All!

I know the majority of PS'ers prefer a VERY delicate halo, typically half pointers for their halos ( a la Gypsy, who has a Beautiful ring!)... however, while I adore the look, I don't think it will provide the look or finger coverage I am looking for. I am actually a fan of larger/chunkier halos. Not so much that they appear scalloped, but substantial. In communicating with Mark at BE, he suggested a 1.15mm, a little larger than 1 pointers, but smaller than 2 pointers. Your thoughts? I am sort of torn between 1 pointers and 1.15mm (describes as 1 and one half pointers). Do any of you pictures of either of these specific porpotions? It would be helpful for me to visualize.

TIA!!

unsettled

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I think it depends on the type of halo as well. I tried these two out for a bit. Turns out a halo just wasn't in the cards for me right now. But I am almost positive that the halo stones are the same size in both. I think they are 1 pointers. I preferred the halo on the top with more metal. But that was just my personal preference. I think my diamond looked brighter and whiter (and maybe bigger) in the halo with less metal.

img_8991.jpg

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Unsettled- Thank you! Amazing how different the looks are despite the fact they are the same size melee!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
MNS- thank you and it is I .5mm, not 1.15! Lol! Thank you!!!

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Truluv how are you?
I know you're probably wanting to see how the actual halo will look but have you added the mm dimensions to your centre stone on diamdb to see how big the overall ring will be using different size melee? I found this so helpful!!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Lauren!! I did! Just recently after reading your post! Great recommendation :)

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
It's so hard to visualize isn't it? I'm wondering if it would be worth paying someone like cvb or David klass to provide recommendations for a halo for a nominated fee so you feel you have expert advise? Id love that opportunity. If I lived in USA id have one of them or Victor do mine

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
laurenk|1439964923|3916296 said:
It's so hard to visualize isn't it? I'm wondering if it would be worth paying someone like cvb or David klass to provide recommendations for a halo for a nominated fee so you feel you have expert advise? Id love that opportunity. If I lived in USA id have one of them or Victor do mine

Hey Lauren!

I am actually working with Mark at BE, and based on what I want to accomplish, he recommended the 1.5mm, so I feel confident in his choice, but I was hoping to see a visual. He recommended 1.3 for a more delicate look and 1.5 if I wanted a more substantial halo, withough looking too chunky.

hidingpearl

Rough_Rock
Hi TruLuv858,

My halo is made up of 1.4mm diamonds and my centre stone AVR is .79ct :) I adore the balance. I think the halo stones look more delicate in real life than in these photos. Hope that helps your visualisation.

screen_shot_2015-04-10_at_11.png img_6846.jpg img_6842.jpg
img_7049.jpg

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
OMG- I am so glad you showed both shots of your ring bc I think the proportions are perfect and I love how it looks! I have been thinking of doing a halo for a ridiculously long time and this has helped, I must say! It looks beautiful! xo

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Tru! Just re reading this thread! I think you mentioned in another post about two sides halo? So a normal halo then another halo at 90deg to this halo so you see diamonds from top AND from side. This would maybe allow you to have a more delicate halo but add the extra oomph as I'm sure the second halo would definitely add mm......

Can mark do a few CAD variations of is this too tricky?

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Lauren- I asked Mark about this, and he actually persuaded me not to go this route and said it wouldn't add much to the spread, and it would be unnecessary, and add costs, of which I could use on other aspects of the ring. I'm toying with putting pink diamond melee, somewhere... just not sure exactly how? Or where in the basket yet? Lol! I'm so torn on the design still. It's analysis paralysis. I'm dying to see how your project turns out, the dimensions are very similar to mine, even though it's a different cut. Your ring is going to be gorgeous!!! :love:

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Hidingpearl- your ring is stunning!!!

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Hello! I've just posted two new cads, one showIng 1/2 pointers and the next showing 1.5 pointers. It's in my cad thread. I must say there's such s fine line between making the centre diamond look biggest (smaller melee) vs maximizing finger coverage (1.5 melee).

I love your idea of adding pink somewhere!!!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Ahhh! I know, Lauren! That's my confusion! I'm so torn. I wish thar sales person would have let you take a pic!!! I'm especially intrigued since you thought it seemed too large. It really is so nice to have such different perspectives. I find it all so helpful!

hidingpearl

Rough_Rock
TruLuv858|1440389309|3918329 said:
Hidingpearl- your ring is stunning!!!
Aww thank you so much :razz:

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
hiding pearl-LOVE the vintage look of your ring and wowee that sure is some gorgeous coverage-would not guess it was .79 center. what a beaut! Who made that? well done!

hidingpearl

Rough_Rock
artdecolover71|1440419448|3918422 said:
hiding pearl-LOVE the vintage look of your ring and wowee that sure is some gorgeous coverage-would not guess it was .79 center. what a beaut! Who made that? well done!
Thank you so much for your kind words. I definitely wanted an art deco feel to my ring. Even though the diamond is small in comparison to most of the stones here, and I do lust for a large OEC, every single day I stare at my ring and smile because I love it so much. The wonderful and ever-so-patient David Klass made my ring. He was brilliant.

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
Ahhhh DK- he's awesome. Honestly- your stone looks like a bigger size and many will lust after it both here and IRL!

hidingpearl

Rough_Rock
artdecolover71|1440596704|3919352 said:
Ahhhh DK- he's awesome. Honestly- your stone looks like a bigger size and many will lust after it both here and IRL!
Thank you, that's very sweet to say :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results