shape
carat
color
clarity

Awfully cute terms of endearment

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you ever find yourself inadvertently saying awful things when you are fawning and cooing over, for example, your fur babies?

For example, I was planting kisses on top of kitty #2's head and in between kisses I would exclaim, "I eat your brains!" So it was something like smooch I eat your brains, smooch I eat your brains, smooch I eat your brains... Lololol... Once I realized what I was saying, I started cracking up! :lol: :lol: :lol:

And poor kitty #1. At first, when she'd come over for pets, because she's a head shorter than her sister, and with her shorter legs, appears rounder, I would say to her while giving her some loving, how's mama's little meatball! Then over time, I caught myself calling out, "meat wad! How's mama's little meat wad?"

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG meatball and meat wad - seriously cute.

I call one of them chipmunk or little cow...the other one little rat, munchkin...

Can't remember what else right now.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We call our fur ball "The Terrorist". It pretty much says it all... Not many kisses, he's not patient enough for that.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG yes. We have crazy nicknames for all of our kitties and for each other too LOL. I rarely refer to any of my furbabies or dh by name. If I call my dh by his real name it is probably because I am pissed at him haha.

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
I call my dog Doody A LOT, like probably as much as I call him by his name. It started as 'Dude', but quickly morphed and stuck, and DH calls him Doody a lot now too. I have some other weird ones, but they don't get as much use: Mookie, Mooks, Mookie pot pie, handsome pants, Mr.Pants, Pooty Pants, Pooty Pantaloons. I'm sure he is terribly embarrassed by his mom when his dog friends are around.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have lots of silly names for our cats.
One is older, plumper, and very laid back.
The other is younger, thinner, and very sassy.

So we call them Meatball and Chicken Wing, or sometimes Thing 1 and Thing 2

The sassy one can be naughty, and gets the nickname Alucard (Dracula backwards), or sometimes Haggis, because he is gray and probably tastes bad!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of our cats, Mina, gets called Otto more often than not.
Because when we were first trying to trap her off the street we just assumed she was male, and DH named him - well, her, as it turned out - Otto. She has a moustache... which doesn't really help broadcast her femininity ::)

I call another of our cats Marbles because he's quite clearly lost his - creature is a skittish basket-case. His proper name is Alex, but I contend he was just poorly named.

I frequently tell our dog Bax that he should be careful not to rattle his head about too much lest he lose one of the two brain cells he's got,
but I say it very nicely, in a very high voice, and he always wags at me, so...

Meatwad :bigsmile:

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Oh my little sweetie poo, I could just EAT YOUR FACE. Yes I can!!"

umm, yeah...pretty barbaric in a cutie wittle baby voice!!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fur ball for the cat, Stinky for the dog.

DK :))

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I sing Opilio's name to the Activia jingle. Oh peelie ohhhh! Sometimes I call her Peedio. When we call Chicken, sometimes we call her like we're calling chickens. Chick chick chick chick! JD has referred to her by the number code for chicken from when he worked at Tyson. P4552 or whatever it was. JD calls Britta, Ring Neck b/c when she has a collar on, she scratches at it, and she's lost all the hair in a ring around her neck and it's been gone for 10+ years. Clementine and Goose we don't really call anything funny. We refer to Goose as Gooses or The Goose.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not exactly. I may have emphatically told one of my dogs today that we didn't need another special snowflake, we have 2 already. It was a rough dog day, with an emergency vet visit for one, then the other one ate the first one's food. By the time the 3rd dog started acting up, I'd had enough. ;))

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My cat is a scaredy-cat and whenever we have guests he will scurry across the house to hide under our bed. I always say "scurry, scurry, little furry!"

I also call him Monsieur Fluffybutt because, well, his butt is so fluffy. But it's necessary that this nickname is said in an atrocious fake french accent.

I also call him "goldfish" or "guppy brains" because I think he has only a couple of seconds of memory, lol.

My mom calls him "the little man in a cat suit" which is actually kind of creepy when you think about it.

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Little Miss Poopy Face! Need I say more? :rolleyes:

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good thread, made me laugh at myself.

Casey - miniature Schnauzer - I call her Casey pamuffin, Katygirl, or snugglebutt

Rocky - German Shorthaired Pointer - I call him Rocket ot Rocketman

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This thread is so cute!

I refer to my furrbaby as "The Baby". His name is Herbie so he gets called The Herbinator, The Herb, HerbaHerb and some not-so-nice things like tw** waffle, ta*** weasel (always in a sweet voice), Pretty Princess and stinkerator.

I've adapted song lyrics for my dog too. Some mornings I sing "He's The Little Bitty Teeny Weenie Thing We Call The Love Pug" and sometimes the theme to "Love Boat" but substituting Love Pug when necessary.

I'm a very serious person but when it comes to The Baby, I love to be silly.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Meatwad" makes eye contact with mama when she exclaims, "Cremini! Cremini! Fungi? Fungi?" Mama is certifiable....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results