shape
carat
color
clarity

Share/show me what you've done with original e-ring stones!

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
I have a stone that I'll be rocking next year as my 'upgrade' engagement ring, and I feel a bit bad that I don't wear my original engagement ring anymore. I still love it and of course it has sentimental value to me, but it's a simple half carat radiant in a classic 4-prong solitaire from Whiteflash, and I just know I'm not going to wear it at all once I get my big OEC reset. So I'm looking for potential ideas for re-using the stone or ring. What unique or interesting things have you done with your original engagement ring stones?

I know a lot of women re-set their original stone into a pendant to have the stone "close to their heart" which I think is lovely, but I hardly ever wear necklaces and feel very constricted when I do, so not sure that's a workable solution. Maybe if it were a really long chain that I could fit over my head--like a DBTY with my half carat stone as the centerpiece?

I've also thought of resetting into a non-solitaire ring, since my upgrade will also be a solitaire (likely a bezel). But I love a halo with a plain shank, and it could be a lovely RHR or option for engagement ring days when I don't want to wear a large stone (I know, probably rare, but the option of a halo might be enough to get me wear it). The Guinevere from Whiteflash has been a favorite of mine, but if you know of other plain shank halo settings that are relatively inexpensive in white gold, I'm super open to other ideas: http://www.whiteflash.com/engagement-rings/solitaire/guinevere-solitaire-engagement-ring-180.htm

And lastly (and probably most economically), I've though about a bracelet like the Brian Gavin bezel (my stone is a square radiant, so it would look very similar to this cushion setting): http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond-bracelets/cushion-bezel-bracelet-18k-white-gold-5491w18 I find bracelets easy to wear, and could keep this on all the time--maybe wear next to my watch and FitBit (which I only take off when charging, so I know I can wear a bracelet constantly without it bothering me). Are there other settings I should consider? A bezel fits with the style of my other jewelry (bezel earrings and my upgrade will likely be bezeled, plus I wear my Danielle jazz bezel ring daily), but someone pointed out a bracelet like this might flip over a lot and bug me.

Also, I want to consider my husband's feelings in this, because we have talked about me resetting this stone, and some days he says "Do whatever makes you happy!" and I believe him, but other times when I've talked about resetting, I get the feeling he'd prefer me to keep the original ring as-is. Maybe I should start by getting a necklace like this and wear my original ring as a necklace? https://www.etsy.com/listing/168687782/ring-holder-necklace-perfect-gift

If you have any other ideas or comments, please share!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Share/show me what you've done with original e-ring ston

My original was a 0.51ct G SI1 RB - I had it removed from it's mock tension setting and put into a Vatche 3-stone to make a rhr -

img_6122.jpg

img_6124.jpg

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock

I had my 1+ carat diamond from my late husband set in a sliding pendant. I wear it 24/7. My partner didn't like when I wore it as a rhr but isn't bothered that it is around my neck, go figure.

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock

Thoughts on this for a right hand ring? I'm not sure what your new ring will look like so I hope this isn't too similar.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/170794809/14k-gold-half-ct-asscher-diamond

I thought the radiant would be very closely shaped to the asscher so you can visualize this better.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I wouldn't do a bezel bracelet with an open back with your stone - it's larger, so it'll spend the vast majority of time flipped upside down on your wrist, and the small amount of time it does spend right side up will be uncomfortable because those super sharp modern culets really poke!!

I really like the idea of one of Grace's bangles!! They're gorgeous in-person - the workmanship is lovely, and you already know you'll get lots of wear out of a bracelet ::)

Do you wear earrings? I recently found my E-ring stone a mate and had a pair of studs made, and I'm very happy with my decision - I feel naked without earrings so I knew they'd get lots and lots of love :))

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yssie|1440636703|3919664 said:
I wouldn't do a bezel bracelet with an open back with your stone - it's larger, so it'll spend the vast majority of time flipped upside down on your wrist, and the small amount of time it does spend right side up will be uncomfortable because those super sharp modern culets really poke!!

I really like the idea of one of Grace's bangles!! They're gorgeous in-person - the workmanship is lovely, and you already know you'll get lots of wear out of a bracelet ::)

Do you wear earrings? I recently found my E-ring stone a mate and had a pair of studs made, and I'm very happy with my decision - I feel naked without earrings so I knew they'd get lots and lots of love :))

Something for your wrist is a great idea. I thought of a single dbty but Yssie makes a good point about the flip factor. I think a radiant shape would make an awesome bracelet that you can stare at all day. I put my 1 ct MRB into a stud and bought a matching.

Yes the one by grace would be beautiful. You can have it kite set.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock

A bangle by Grace is a great idea! I had not considered that, so thank you, Snowdrop and others who suggested it! And Yssie, you are probably right about the half carat stone not being a great idea for the BGD bezel as it would flip and be pointy/uncomfortable. I'll have to get a quote from Grace for the bangle idea.

As for earrings, I already have 1 ctw bezel diamonds studs, and when I don't wear those, I wear pearls or costume jewelry.

I do love the bezel ring posted by UrsTx, but it would be awfully similar to the style of setting I want for my OEC, inspired by DorotheaBrooke's Maytal Hannah setting: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/custom-maytal-hannah-ring-with-gog-august-vintage-cushion.201826/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/custom-maytal-hannah-ring-with-gog-august-vintage-cushion.201826/[/URL] This is why I was thinking perhaps a halo setting, to have something different as an option. But I already wear my 5-stone ring on my right hand, so not sure if another ring would get much wear--and the idea would be to get as much wear out of my original stone as possible to show my DH how much I still love it. :praise:

Funion

Rough_Rock

I put my original diamond in a new halo setting with yellow diamonds. The original setting was never my cup of tea to begin with and I rarely wore it (was given another ring for my 5th anniversary, and have worn that for the past 20 years). Now I have another ring to wear when the mood strikes!

img_9446.jpg

deltalady

Rough_Rock

I had my .71 ct radiant set into a lovely solitaire setting with diamond accents on the prongs to wear as a rhr or as my ring when I don't want to wear my bigger stone.

2015-09-18_1.jpg

2015-09-18_2.jpg

2015-09-19_0.jpg

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock

I had my stone set into a bezel pendant. It's 1.12 ct. I don't think I've posted the reset here, yet.

Here's its debut. Ha!

_34626.jpg

_34627.jpg

Californiadreaming

Rough_Rock

I like the bangle idea the best, it's really gorgeous.

I have an even more difficult dilemma in that my engagement ring has a tiny 0.20 ct diamond and, without sounding like a total diva I hope, I can't think of any uses at all for it. I have diamond earrings and pendant already, all with larger stones. My teenage daughter doesn't want it either and I can't pass it on to my son to give to a future fiancee as it's not very impressive.

Oh and I got it valued when I just bought my new upgrade Asscher and was told I'd only get £150 (About $200 I guess).

Poor unwanted, unloved little ring... :(( :boohoo:

Californiadreaming

Rough_Rock

librarychick that is absolutely beautiful! I do love pendants.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock

Californiadreaming|1443247674|3932003 said:

I have an even more difficult dilemma in that my engagement ring has a tiny 0.20 ct diamond and, without sounding like a total diva I hope, I can't think of any uses at all for it. I have diamond earrings and pendant already, all with larger stones. My teenage daughter doesn't want it either and I can't pass it on to my son to give to a future fiancee as it's not very impressive.

Oh and I got it valued when I just bought my new upgrade Asscher and was told I'd only get £150 (About $200 I guess).

Could you do something like this?
http://m.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond-bracelets/milgrain-bezel-bracelet-18k-white-gold-5511w18
Would make a lovely gift for your daughter or maybe future daughter-in-law as a wedding day gift? Something from you? Just a thought. I felt so badly for your diamond when you said she was unwanted, lol. :wavey:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock

librarychickie|1443233186|3931947 said:
I had my stone set into a bezel pendant. It's 1.12 ct. I don't think I've posted the reset here, yet.

Here's its debut. Ha!

Beautiful pendant!

deltalady said:
I had my .71 ct radiant set into a lovely solitaire setting with diamond accents on the prongs to wear as a rhr or as my ring when I don't want to wear my bigger stone.

Your ring is so pretty! Love the setting too!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock

Tanzigrrl|1440603623|3919401 said:
I used my .68ct original pear-shaped engagement ring diamond in a new necklace. That's it dangling from the bottom of this piece.

full details: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/neo-edwardian-elegance-with-a-tanzanite-heart.201011/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/neo-edwardian-elegance-with-a-tanzanite-heart.201011/[/URL]

Beautiful design! How wonderful to have your orig stone incorporated into it. So pretty on you!

Funion said:
I put my original diamond in a new halo setting with yellow diamonds. The original setting was never my cup of tea to begin with and I rarely wore it (was given another ring for my 5th anniversary, and have worn that for the past 20 years). Now I have another ring to wear when the mood strikes!

Beautiful! Its nice that you have the versatility of two rings now!

ecf8503 said:
My original was a 0.51ct G SI1 RB - I had it removed from it's mock tension setting and put into a Vatche 3-stone to make a rhr -
Love this setting for your stone! It's beautiful!

Californiadreaming

Rough_Rock

Rockinruby|1443275587|3932063 said:

http://m.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond-bracelets/milgrain-bezel-bracelet-18k-white-gold-5511w18
Would make a lovely gift for your daughter or maybe future daughter-in-law as a wedding day gift? Something from you? Just a thought. I felt so badly for your diamond when you said she was unwanted, lol. :wavey:

:wavey: Ooh that is just gorgeous. I should have done that when my daughter was a 7 year old bridesmaid as the tiny stone would have looked so lovely on her little wrist. Then again a 7 year old with a diamond bracelet might have looked a little showy :D :lol: :angel:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

wf_box_3.jpg

I bought my original stone a friend, and now they both live on my ears. 1.11 and 1.2 These are the only earrings I wear.

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock

I love the bangle idea too!

I had my stone recut and reset by and into a 18k yellow gold Brian Gavin Barbara pendant. The only drawback is that when I wear it I don't get to admire it, unlike a ring or bracelet where you just look down and enjoy.

_34643.jpg

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock

Californiadreaming|1443276680|3932067 said:
Rockinruby|1443275587|3932063 said:

:wavey: Ooh that is just gorgeous. I should have done that when my daughter was a 7 year old bridesmaid as the tiny stone would have looked so lovely on her little wrist. Then again a 7 year old with a diamond bracelet might have looked a little showy :D :lol: :angel:

True! :lol: It would have been a cute bracelet for a young lady!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results