shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your 8-main cushions!

mystiqkal

Shiny_Rock
I know that 8-mains (according to the pros on here) seem to be pretty rare and hard to find. I'm just curious as to how many ps'ers have their hands on one.

My first ering from 7 years ago was a 1.596ct, F, VS1, Excellent polish and symmetry was an 1.0 ratio 8-main Brilliant. I do know that my hubby searched for this diamond for a few months before he found it.
cushioncomparison2-8pav.jpg
here is is mounted:
mistyring%2025.jpg

my new upgrade is a 2.75, G, Excellent polish and symmetry with an 1.0 ratio 8-main Modern Brilliant as well. This one he actually happened to come across randomly and it was the only 8-main cushion brilliant he saw at the time that had ex/ex. It didnt take him nearly as long to find this one though, but I believe that he snagged my upgrade as soon as it was listed on blue nile because it wasnt there the earlier in the day when he was searching, but there weren't any other 8-main plots listed on BN above the 2 carat range. I did find one that was almost the exact same specs as my first diamond though but that one was gone a few days later.
img_8790_0.jpg
here it is mounted:
img_8775_0.jpg

Have we just been really lucky to have been able to snag two of these elusive diamonds with ex/ex specs, are there many other people on here with 8-main brilliant diamonds? I'd love to see them!

Gabbycat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I don't know anything about 8-main cushions, but I wanted to tell you that your ring is beautiful. Congrats on your upgrade!

Wmiod

Rough_Rock
I just got one! Its 1.02 Ex/VG J VVS2 1.03 ratio from JA. People on here said the ASET was okay, but i couldnt get over the facet pattern & I didn't want a crushed ice cushion! I had also looked at ovals but at the carat range I could afford the look was underwhelming.

I am obsessed with my diamond :)

I don't have pics at the moment if I ever have time to post I will update.

Yours are gorgeous obviously and I am glad to know I scooped up something special (I didnt see any other brilliants on JA within my carat range).

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
Hello,
Here is mine. Its very hard to capture the 8 main design with my phone camera but here it is anyway.

8_main_aset_image.jpg

8_main_cushion.png

8_main_cushion_2.png

8_main_ring.jpg

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my facet pattern on my 8 main modern cushion. And also added the actual picture of my diamond before it was set.

my_8_main_facet_pattern.jpg

my_8_main_cushion.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results