shape
carat
color
clarity

Update - need PS dust for my daughter

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I am sending you both lots of dust. I know how these things work and how awful they can be and all the annoying changes as I have told you before I am going through somewhat of a similar situation but fortunately without children, that makes it even harder if that is possible. I just hope that she will be done with this soon and you can move on with your lives and leave the terror behind. It does take time and requires lots of patience and strength but slowly we can see things improving. Please keep us posted.

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
MollyMalone|1439734410|3915137 said:
Oh, how maddening that because of his screw-up, she still has this hanging over her. And how I wish you were back here in the States where the physical setting would not add to the grimness. My (former) office has a special, attractively decorated lounge for child victims-children of adult victims, stocked with snacks, books, games, and its own bathroom; a number of DA Offices here even have a trained, "comfort" dog, a wonderful addition to an Office team:
http://courthousedogs.com/settings_where.html

Give her an extra hug from us!

Wow... A dog? I can't describe how much my kids would be comforted by a dog at the DA. Over here, the only accommodation I've seen for children is a dingy play area for children of adult victims, but before you get there you have to wait in the main hallway, where my kids have seen women with black eyes, broken bones, cervical braces, you name it. And, the common bathroom is nasty. As for the Child Victims Unit, it's sandwiched among Homicide, Sex Crimes and Financial Crimes. That second one leads to lots of awkward questions when you have a child who can read.

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
Sunstorm|1440012382|3916460 said:
I am sending you both lots of dust. I know how these things work and how awful they can be and all the annoying changes as I have told you before I am going through somewhat of a similar situation but fortunately without children, that makes it even harder if that is possible. I just hope that she will be done with this soon and you can move on with your lives and leave the terror behind. It does take time and requires lots of patience and strength but slowly we can see things improving. Please keep us posted.

Sunstorm, Sunshine, I hope and pray that your storm will soon end, and that you see the rainbow beyond the clouds. I want to give you a hug. I wish I could contact you! PS, can we make it happen??

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
The cub's statement has been rescheduled for this Friday!!! Please send her power vibes!!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Absolutely. All my vibes to the cub.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Lioness, we are thinking of her today. Actually I am in private contact with several people here but I have no idea what I can and cannot say about how to contact me. I am sure we can relate. Let us know about your daughter.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending many positive vibes to your sweet daughter today, you are both in my thoughts.

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
Did she make her statement? No. Why? Because the electricity had gone out at the District Attorney's Office, the entire building, and the backup generators are only powerful enough to supply the lobby. The DAs were lounging around, sipping coffee, waiting for the order to go home. The DA on our case apologized profusely to us - and to her - and asked us to come back in two weeks.

Let me be clear. The Mexico City District Attorney's Office, which is supposed to serve 8.8 million residents, does not have an adequate backup power supply so that the people's work can be done without interruption. The only thing more appalling than that is the general reaction or lack thereof - neither the employees nor the attorneys who were there thought this was unusual. To me, it's a shocking example of government incompetence. More reasons to get my kids out of here.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gah! How horrible. Again!

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
Can you believe? I had lunch today with a friend who works in the insurance industry here. She confirmed that no major corporation here would be able to obtain coverage without a valid and verifiable continuity of operations plan. Yes, someone from the insurance company would kick the generators. Government? Whatever. Her theory is that the line item in the city budget for the DA office's generators was somehow transformed into someone's weekend home, with false invoices playing the starring role.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no lioness, I'm so sorry, I feel a little ill about all of this, it's just terrible that this is being dragged out like this.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Lioness, what an ordeal. Their incompetence is inexcusable.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
God I feel for your daughter. I cannot wait for her to get this over with.

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
It's a total farce at this point. No backup generators at the District Attorney's office? Seriously?? :wall: :wall: :wall:

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
I'm going to want some serious bling after this is all over with and we're in the US. My older daughter? Wholly uninterested in jewelry. Otherwise, there would be a pair of teeny-tiny diamond earrings somewhere in the universe with her name on them.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Way late. But lots of dust to you and your girls. I follow your posts lioness and you are amazing.

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy|1440790732|3920460 said:
Way late. But lots of dust to you and your girls. I follow your posts lioness and you are amazing.

Thank you, Gypsy. My kids are the amazing ones. They have had to develop resilience and emotional intelligence far beyond their years. I wish they could have been innocent and sheltered just a little while longer.

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
And the cub FINALLY had her day at the DA's. No power outages this time. She made her statement before the DA and a social worker from CPS like a boss, then she went to her psychological evaluation. It was a long day, but it's over with. The past no longer has to loom large in her mind. She was giddy when we left the DA's.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lioness|1441428014|3923876 said:
And the cub FINALLY had her day at the DA's. No power outages this time. She made her statement before the DA and a social worker from CPS like a boss, then she went to her psychological evaluation. It was a long day, but it's over with. The past no longer has to loom large in her mind. She was giddy when we left the DA's.

YAY for her being through this and hopefully finished. So glad it is over for you both!!! Congratulations and all the best moving forward for you. (((Hugs))).

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock

:appl:
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
missy|1441455592|3923924 said:

YAY for her being through this and hopefully finished. So glad it is over for you both!!! Congratulations and all the best moving forward for you. (((Hugs))).

Thank you!! She's still giddy and all I want to do is sleep....

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
Amber St. Clare|1441469982|3923992 said:

:appl:
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya think?? How is it that the District Attorney's office in a country's capital and largest city doesn't have a backup power supply?? Any wonder that I want to get my girls outta here??

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results