shape
carat
color
clarity

Vent/Rage of the day thread

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
packrat|1439155476|3912795 said:
drive by whine: I had that laser peel a couple few weeks ago and OMG is my face breaking out. It feels *heavy* actually and isn't a nice feeling. SO many cystic spots right now, it's just completely aggravating. I go again the 25th and I hope this is an anomaly and my skin will start looking nice at some point. It's pretty gross.

Which peel did you have? I think I know how you feel. I had a major chemical peel once and it just felt so darn gross for about a week afterwards. I didn't have cystic spots to deal with, but my skin peeled off in sheets and it was so bad that I was embarrassed to leave the house. I hope that your face feels better soon!!!!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
People who always want to gather money and a card and a cake and a gift for everyone's birthday, baby birth, every situation imaginable.

I hate group stuff like that. If I like the person I will myself get them a card or acknowledge their birthday in some way.

Leave me alone otherwise.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
House Cat|1439912416|3916032 said:
ok, to preface... I have the type of mind that instantly and uncontrollably puts a person's words into an image inside of my head. So, if you tell me a story, I have a full on vivid picture scenario going on up there! I kind of figured that everyone is like this, but after surveying quite a few people, I have learned that isn't the truth.

So, now remember...seriously graphic mind... even small phrases will bring up a graphic image.

For this reason, I HATE it when people joke about their sex lives! Seriously people, can you keep it to yourselves? I do NOT want to picture you people doin it!

Sigh.

Thank you.

I know I sound like a perv, but it isn't like that. If you were to tell me a story about making a pot of spaghetti sauce, I would be imagining every detail of that story too!

:sun:

I have never cared for jokes about sex life anyway.

I don't see images as much as you are describing, but I do from time to time and work hard not to for stuff like that! I can't imagine (ha!) images like you are describing. What a mixed blessing!

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
TooPatient|1439929434|3916126 said:
House Cat|1439912416|3916032 said:
ok, to preface... I have the type of mind that instantly and uncontrollably puts a person's words into an image inside of my head. So, if you tell me a story, I have a full on vivid picture scenario going on up there! I kind of figured that everyone is like this, but after surveying quite a few people, I have learned that isn't the truth.

So, now remember...seriously graphic mind... even small phrases will bring up a graphic image.

For this reason, I HATE it when people joke about their sex lives! Seriously people, can you keep it to yourselves? I do NOT want to picture you people doin it!

Sigh.

Thank you.

I know I sound like a perv, but it isn't like that. If you were to tell me a story about making a pot of spaghetti sauce, I would be imagining every detail of that story too!

:sun:

I have never cared for jokes about sex life anyway.

I don't see images as much as you are describing, but I do from time to time and work hard not to for stuff like that! I can't imagine (ha!) images like you are describing. What a mixed blessing!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you thank you thank you

If you can't keep it in your pants, at least keep it it to your selves.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
HC and momhappy-the cysts are still there. They feel a tad smaller but not much. Sometimes I feel like oh who the hell cares if I look like shit..but..*I* care. That's why I signed up for the peels and why I've tried so fricking hard for THIRTY years to have pretty skin. I hate looking the way I do. Hate it. I'm scheduled for...next Wednesday I believe to have the 2nd of the set of three peels. I was looking things up online and there is another thing I am going to ask about that they do, this BBL/IPL/PDT laser light thing..I'm not sure exactly the differences between them or if they're the same thing just called different. It's similar I *think* to a light treatment I'd had several years ago that HURT like crazy, but it cleared my face up beautifully-it kills the bacteria on your face. Maybe I need a combination of that plus the peels-the peels will help w/the acne scaring whereas the light thing won't. I don't know. Something's gotta work for heavens sakes. Makeup, all face make up now, gets cakey and won't look nice, not even Jane Iredale mineral make up.

AAAAAAND....I went to get my hair done today..I should've just waited I guess but I get antsy..and now I have white hair. Not an ashy blonde like I'd thought I was asking for. It's white-blonde. Like Rose Niland blonde. I called the person who did my hair for a couple years (that I strayed from I admit) and she had me send her a picture..she said I'd have to wait at least a week to recolor to be on the safe side.

My husband was ticked b/c I didn't like it--but..it's just hair. It's not a regret that I can't fix, like a tattoo. I guess this gives me a taste of something different and now I know more of what I don't want to have..It actually looks more like it did when I was in 2nd grade.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1439933484|3916152 said:
HC and momhappy-the cysts are still there. They feel a tad smaller but not much. Sometimes I feel like oh who the hell cares if I look like shit..but..*I* care. That's why I signed up for the peels and why I've tried so fricking hard for THIRTY years to have pretty skin. I hate looking the way I do. Hate it. I'm scheduled for...next Wednesday I believe to have the 2nd of the set of three peels. I was looking things up online and there is another thing I am going to ask about that they do, this BBL/IPL/PDT laser light thing..I'm not sure exactly the differences between them or if they're the same thing just called different. It's similar I *think* to a light treatment I'd had several years ago that HURT like crazy, but it cleared my face up beautifully-it kills the bacteria on your face. Maybe I need a combination of that plus the peels-the peels will help w/the acne scaring whereas the light thing won't. I don't know. Something's gotta work for heavens sakes. Makeup, all face make up now, gets cakey and won't look nice, not even Jane Iredale mineral make up.

AAAAAAND....I went to get my hair done today..I should've just waited I guess but I get antsy..and now I have white hair. Not an ashy blonde like I'd thought I was asking for. It's white-blonde. Like Rose Niland blonde. I called the person who did my hair for a couple years (that I strayed from I admit) and she had me send her a picture..she said I'd have to wait at least a week to recolor to be on the safe side.

My husband was ticked b/c I didn't like it--but..it's just hair. It's not a regret that I can't fix, like a tattoo. I guess this gives me a taste of something different and now I know more of what I don't want to have..It actually looks more like it did when I was in 2nd grade.
UGH! I am so sorry about the hair Packrat! Can you sort of flat iron it super straight and make it look edgy and intentional? I am kind of picturing edgy platinum hair, tattoos...and super cute you! I have only seen a tiny bit of your hair in your tattoo photos, so I can't really say much about how to style it...

Everything I have ever read about a deeper peel of any kind says that there will be a purge if you have acne prone skin. I just think that it stinks that your doctor didn't give you anything to get through it. Maybe there isn't anything, but a warning would have been cool.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the idea of it being edgy..I'm so self conscious of my face and excess weight right now, I don't feel like I can pull off edgy..there's no confidence there currently. If I knew how to *do* my hair so it was edgy, that might help ha! She cut it so it's similar to a couple pictures I pinned of Pink's hair. I attached the color it is and the color I was aiming for. Staff went back to school today and hooooo my goodness you should've seen the looks I got!!!! :???: Which made me feel even more awkward and self conscious. I need to just get it in my head "yep, it's crazy white hair, whatever" and just..rock it I guess. I show off my tattoos like it's my job, so you wouldn't think I'd have such a hard time w/crazy hair.

I knew there would be a purging, just from my experience w/the chemical peels..but she didn't give me anything to "treat" my skin for it. I've got a wash, a rinse, a mask for twice a week and a scrub for once a week. When I did the chemical peels, I was told to wait a week and then use the Skin Medica acne system, but w/the laser peel, nothing. I saw on pinterest an apple cider vinegar face wash, so I've been dabbing apple cider vinegar on the cysts at night which seems to help a little bit.

ETA oh and I had my brows waxed so ignore that redness.

_33438.jpg

_33439.jpg

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1440024460|3916525 said:
I like the idea of it being edgy..I'm so self conscious of my face and excess weight right now, I don't feel like I can pull off edgy..there's no confidence there currently. If I knew how to *do* my hair so it was edgy, that might help ha! She cut it so it's similar to a couple pictures I pinned of Pink's hair. I attached the color it is and the color I was aiming for. Staff went back to school today and hooooo my goodness you should've seen the looks I got!!!! :???: Which made me feel even more awkward and self conscious. I need to just get it in my head "yep, it's crazy white hair, whatever" and just..rock it I guess. I show off my tattoos like it's my job, so you wouldn't think I'd have such a hard time w/crazy hair.

I knew there would be a purging, just from my experience w/the chemical peels..but she didn't give me anything to "treat" my skin for it. I've got a wash, a rinse, a mask for twice a week and a scrub for once a week. When I did the chemical peels, I was told to wait a week and then use the Skin Medica acne system, but w/the laser peel, nothing. I saw on pinterest an apple cider vinegar face wash, so I've been dabbing apple cider vinegar on the cysts at night which seems to help a little bit.

Packrat, remember they may just be looking at it because it's really different, that's all...so yeah, the best thing is for YOU to be OK with it and act as if you can rock it, even if it's a little shaky underneath! (you don't mention whether you like it or not, do you?)

ETA: I see a lot more "ashy" tones to the pictures you posted versus your own hair...so if you're NOT happy with the color, maybe you can go back for a toner? (not sure if a toner applies on such light hair - I just know whenever I haven't liked a color that's always been the fix my colorist uses, toner).

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ok, is your hair really short, like pixie cut? I can't totally tell. If so, maybe this will help:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/chanelparks/pixie-cute-styles?sub=2733250_1934409

I LIKE that shade of blonde. When I bleached my hair years ago,that is the color I went for because it felt natural to me. BUT, since you were going for a much more ash colored tone, and your hair is so light, it can be toned. Did your hair girl put a toner on it? Even if she did, she needs to do it again. If you are unhappy, you can always call her and ask her to tone it to ash. Toners just deposit, they don't damage. Of course, there is always that feeling of uneasiness when a hairdresser has failed you. So, you have to evaluate that..

Aren't you the person who works with a bunch of hags? If so, they were gonna look at you one way or another.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock

I absolutely LOVE your hair! Looks great!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Amber! I saw my brother today and he's like ohhh hey, I LIKE it!---it's the same color he used to have his hair lightened to years ago, ha! A woman we went to school w/was bringing her kids to the daycare in the building and she's like "I know you are iffy but I feel like it's YOU" And i was thinking...soooo since I'm freaked out by it, what does that mean?

And yeah, it's super pixie short. Which is fine..just now I've seen some guys in town who seem to have the same hair cut...aaand they're guys. I don't want too look like a boy. (and plus, I did a "what celebrity do you look like" thing once and it paired me w/that Cojo fashion correspondent guy from Entertainment Tonight so now I'm paranoid)

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Count me in with everyone else who's expressed how much they truly like it, packrat -- I think the whiter blonde suits your skin tone very well & the pixie is attractively "piecey"!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1440211854|3917554 said:
Thanks Amber! I saw my brother today and he's like ohhh hey, I LIKE it!---it's the same color he used to have his hair lightened to years ago, ha! A woman we went to school w/was bringing her kids to the daycare in the building and she's like "I know you are iffy but I feel like it's YOU" And i was thinking...soooo since I'm freaked out by it, what does that mean?

And yeah, it's super pixie short. Which is fine..just now I've seen some guys in town who seem to have the same hair cut...aaand they're guys. I don't want too look like a boy. (and plus, I did a "what celebrity do you look like" thing once and it paired me w/that Cojo fashion correspondent guy from Entertainment Tonight so now I'm paranoid)

Packrat...if that's your head in the picture, I don't think you could ever look like a boy!

I love "edgy" on other people. Love to see a hint of color in their hair (blue/green/pink) but I just cant do edgy myself. I think
it's because I don't like a lot of attention. I think if you can do it and get comfortable with it, then rock it for all it's worth!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Packie, You do not look like a boy!!!! No way, shape or form do you look like a boy. After reading your last couple of posts on this thread it is obvious you have been having a real hard time with your skin and I can completely understand what that does to your self esteem. My niece went thru something similar with her skin lately. The doctor also did the peels and they put her on Accutane. Her skin is back to being beautiul now. I think your hair looks great but I'm not the one that matters. If you are unhappy talk to the girl who you used to go to and see what can be done to get your hair the color YOU want it to be. I think you are being way too hard on yourself. You look beautiful! Hugs

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You do NOT look like a boy. Those celebrity look alike generators are so inaccurate. I put my infant son in one of those things and it said he looked like Axl Rose!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you could totally rock a pastel colour Packrat! I expect to see you in pink sometime. Why not? :cheeky:

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will say it again, I always imagined packrat with black and turquoise hair. So my vote is for turquoise!!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh you guys, thanks so much! Tyty, that top picture, the sideways down to the eyes, yeah that's me. Not the bottom one w/the ashy hair-I wish!

I've got this Living Proof website up to look thru their hair products-azstonie recommended it so I'll see what I can find. Maybe different products will help me figure out how to style it. I think that would go a long way toward being more comfortable w/the color. Now I plan to keep it and let the color grow out for a couple months and see how I feel about it later. Maybe it will help me break out of my shell and be able to do edgy--and maybe try a fun color. How someone with tattoos that she shows off at every chance gets so self conscious about her hair, I don't know.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
House Cat|1440353181|3918064 said:
I will say it again, I always imagined packrat with black and turquoise hair. So my vote is for turquoise!!

I like Turquoise! Go packrat, go packrat!!!

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
I have abso f'en lutely had it with our nation's gun violence. When the hell will it stop? do we have to have another a presidential assassination, this time on LIVE TV before some concrete measures get taken???? :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a flat tire...again. What is it with me and flat tires :nono: .

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
tyty333|1440690298|3919881 said:

I've got a "spare tire" I'd be glad to let you have! :lol:

hoover

Shiny_Rock
People stealing fruit from my front yard!! :angryfire:
I have a a couple plum trees in my front yard because it gets the most sun. I came home today after two days away to find that all the fruit on the lower branches were stripped and only a few plums on the high branches are left - clearly out of reach of the drive-by picker. Just because the trees are in my front yard, you don't get to pick them!!!

It's hard enough to grow stuff in the area where I live, but to have my fruit crop reduced because it's stolen by some jerk trespassing on my yard makes me :angryfire: :angryfire:

Those plums are really tasty too, and now I only get to enjoy a few ;(

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
People who keep their dogs off leash in public! I will say this can depend on the dog and the situation. Sometimes it's more OK.

Yesterday I was cycling on a multi use trail and there was a group of men standing in the middle of the trail. I rang my bell several times before they finally, slowly, walked out of the way. I saw they had a dog, but I thought it was on a leash. Nope. The owner didn't even hold its collar when I passed. It ran at my front wheel and it's owner ran after it so I couldn't even swerve out of the way without hitting something. Managed to avoid killing the dog by a few inches, but ended up with a nice handle bar mark on my boobs, crushed veins in my right knee, and a wonderful clicking sound in my left knee.

The guy didn't even apologize, just sort of laughed it off.

It was another 20 miles to home and now everything hurts.

Grrrr

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
hoover|1440970990|3921327 said:
I have a a couple plum trees in my front yard because it gets the most sun. I came home today after two days away to find that all the fruit on the lower branches were stripped and only a few plums on the high branches are left - clearly out of reach of the drive-by picker. Just because the trees are in my front yard, you don't get to pick them!!!

It's hard enough to grow stuff in the area where I live, but to have my fruit crop reduced because it's stolen by some jerk trespassing on my yard makes me :angryfire: :angryfire:

Not OK! I have some friends with peach trees and it's the same thing. I don't understand how people think it's OK to trespass on someone's front lawn and steal from them.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
chemgirl|1440973086|3921341 said:
People who keep their dogs off leash in public! I will say this can depend on the dog and the situation. Sometimes it's more OK.

Yesterday I was cycling on a multi use trail and there was a group of men standing in the middle of the trail. I rang my bell several times before they finally, slowly, walked out of the way. I saw they had a dog, but I thought it was on a leash. Nope. The owner didn't even hold its collar when I passed. It ran at my front wheel and it's owner ran after it so I couldn't even swerve out of the way without hitting something. Managed to avoid killing the dog by a few inches, but ended up with a nice handle bar mark on my boobs, crushed veins in my right knee, and a wonderful clicking sound in my left knee.

Grrrr

Ugh, that sucks chemgirl! I am so sorry! People really burn me at times. How rude, how thoughtless, how stupid, how careless and how just plain rude of that man. I know I said that but he was so rude I had to repeat it. Thank goodness you are OK and the dog is OK too. Just wanted to say we ride with a whistle around our necks. The bell we ring doesn't quite do it the same way our whistles do. You should see people jump out of our way when we blow our whistle after getting no response to the bell on the bike. It truly is a win win. Nobody gets hurt this way. And believe me we have to use it often during the summer at the beach. People just don't respect our right of way and we seem to be invisible much of the time. Until we blow our whistle that is. :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
chemgirl|1440990502|3921439 said:

Not OK! I have some friends with peach trees and it's the same thing. I don't understand how people think it's OK to trespass on someone's front lawn and steal from them.

Yeah that is so not OK. Stealing is stealing no matter how someone else might rationalize it away. Perhaps signs saying do not trespass/do not pick our fruit might help? Either that or security cameras and signs posted stating there are security cameras on the property.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amber St. Clare|1440710290|3920050 said:
tyty333|1440690298|3919881 said:

I've got a "spare tire" I'd be glad to let you have! :lol:

Thanks Amber...hubby got it fixed. I just feel bad because seems like he never gets them and I'm getting one ever couple of months!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock

Unbelievable! I don't understand why anyone would think this is okay!?! It's just wrong! We used to have neighbors that would do this. I just don't get it! I'm so sorry that happened to you. :angryfire: I'm sure you have really been looking forward to enjoying your fruit. :wall:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
chemgirl|1440973086|3921341 said:

Grrrr

Chemgirl, I hope you feel better soon! :wavey: I agree regarding dogs being off leash in most situations because it can be quite dangerous as you know. It's too bad the guy didn't even apologize. :angryfire:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results