color
clarity

Things That BUG You That Don't Seem To Bother Anyone Else

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Things That BUG You That Don't Seem To Bother Anyone Els

Poodles4me|1439338079|3913528 said:
It makes me totally crazy when I see women playing with their hair while driving. I get so annoyed that I actually start shouting at them from the sanctity of my own car. Today I was driving home from the doctor and the woman in front of me started playing with her hair while we were stopped in traffic. The traffic moved and her fingers on both hands were too tangled up in her hair that she couldn't get her hands to the steering wheel therefore not being able to move forward. Once she finally did start moving she kept twirling her hair with her left hand.
Were you following me?! Jk haha. But I seriously touch my hair all the time. It's an unconcious habit. I have fairly long hair (between waist and hip) and I find myself touching it all. The. Time. I don't usually impede traffic with it though :lol:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

MY MOTHER!!! :wall: :angryfire: :nono: :errrr:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

PintoBean|1439496518|3914227 said:

HA!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock

Dee*Jay|1439499922|3914244 said:

HA!

:appl: Haven't spoken to mine in over 7 years and my life's been so much better as a result.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock

People who feel the need to comment on my hair every.single.damn.day. I am going through a process of coloring my hair grey and go to the salon every 2 weeks or so. I've bleached and color corrected and toned and am still working through some stubborn warm tones, so every time I go to the salon it's something different. I've explained this to numerous people at work but there are still certain people who feel the need to examine my hair every.single.damn.day and comment on what looks different. Newsflash: I'm WELL AWARE of what looks different because I'm doing it on purpose, so for crying out loud, STFU!!!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock

Ha! This cracked me up! :lol: Why does it have to be so hard? :confused: :wall:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

People who don't teach their kids that certain things are NOT jokes and are never okay to joke about.
That includes how "fat" or "thin" someone is, anything to do with eating disorders and other diseases, and people with any kind of handicap. (just to name a few)

I am all for a good joke, but some subjects are just not fair game. Ever.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock

TooPatient|1439518678|3914335 said:
People who don't teach their kids that certain things are NOT jokes and are never okay to joke about.
That includes how "fat" or "thin" someone is, anything to do with eating disorders and other diseases, and people with any kind of handicap. (just to name a few)

I am all for a good joke, but some subjects are just not fair game. Ever.

I think a lot of adults need this lesson!

Recently was visiting family and decided to take nephew to the park. We ran into an old friend and they came over to chat. Well this person who should know better kept on using the r word! While it is never OK to say, my nephew has downs so it is especially not appropriate. I don't understand some people.

iLander

Ideal_Rock

PintoBean said:

I didn't know my DD wrote on the forum . . . ? :confused:

:bigsmile:

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

telephone89|1439495662|3914219 said:
Poodles4me|1439338079|3913528 said:
It makes me totally crazy when I see women playing with their hair while driving. I get so annoyed that I actually start shouting at them from the sanctity of my own car. Today I was driving home from the doctor and the woman in front of me started playing with her hair while we were stopped in traffic. The traffic moved and her fingers on both hands were too tangled up in her hair that she couldn't get her hands to the steering wheel therefore not being able to move forward. Once she finally did start moving she kept twirling her hair with her left hand.
Were you following me?! Jk haha. But I seriously touch my hair all the time. It's an unconcious habit. I have fairly long hair (between waist and hip) and I find myself touching it all. The. Time. I don't usually impede traffic with it though :lol:

Did you see a crazed blonde woman in your rear view mirror (lol)? I have to admit I did burst out laughing when I saw her hands get stuck in her hair. I was driving in a 80km zone one day and the woman in front of me was madly brushing her hair with one hand. When we got to the light she started backcombing and spraying, then proceeded to open the window to get rid of stray hairs from her brush. Buy hey, at least she did the coiffing and spraying while stopped.

Actually I touch my hair a fair bit as well. It's extremely thick but fine and being mid-length it get tangled easily so I run my fingers through it to unknot. I just don't do it while driving.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

People who don't acknowledge that they heard what you said. Even just a grunt or something.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

TooPatient|1439594504|3914702 said:
People who don't acknowledge that they heard what you said. Even just a grunt or something.

I had to train my DH during our first year of marriage that exactly what you wrote above is UNACCEPTABLE.

I had to show him by example when my explanation of just how that is rude fell on deaf ears. Hah, he didn't much like it.

Then his mother and father visited us and I think his father said 5 words to me in 10 days, so I got first hand knowledge of where that came from.

That's pretty much taken care of after 19 years.

Now I'd like DH to never EVER say "No doubt" again. Apparently where he comes from, that means "I completely agree."

Ugh. Just hate that.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

People who are clearly checking out your jewelry, but won't say anything.

I was just at a large business function, and this happened to me several times.
When I'm checking out someone's jewelry, I usually require a closer look.
So I say "Oh that's a fabulous________!! Tell me about it!" And then I make a new friend.

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

azstonie|1439608721|3914762 said:
TooPatient|1439594504|3914702 said:

I had to train my DH during our first year of marriage that exactly what you wrote above is UNACCEPTABLE.

I had to show him by example when my explanation of just how that is rude fell on deaf ears. Hah, he didn't much like it.

Then his mother and father visited us and I think his father said 5 words to me in 10 days, so I got first hand knowledge of where that came from.

That's pretty much taken care of after 19 years.

Now I'd like DH to never EVER say "No doubt" again. Apparently where he comes from, that means "I completely agree."

Ugh. Just hate that.

I wish I cure my DH of the "non-acknowledgment". So I usually ask if her heard me. He'll either smile and say "I just didn't know I had to reply" or the "what, did you say something?" Drives me nuts but after 30 years I'm used to it. FYI - I would include the head hitting the wall smilie but I still haven't figured out how to do that (lol).

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi poodles---for the head/ wall emoji, when you want it, :wall: tap it! Then just keep typing :wavey:

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

azstonie|1439677629|3914976 said:
Hi poodles---for the head/ wall emoji, when you want it, :wall: tap it! Then just keep typing :wavey:

I'll give it a try. :wall: I'll see if that works. Thanks!

Azstonie - it worked - thank you!!! I can't believe how easy that was. I've been reading various threads and trying cut and paste and here is was as simple as left clicking on it. Thanks again!

ennui

Brilliant_Rock

I wish this forum had "like" buttons because I agree with so many pet peeves!

Polished|1439280771|3913233 said:
When you're in a two way conversation with a friend and they constantly talk over over. I've noticed this recently with a couple of friends. There doesn't seem to be a sense of a two way conversation where you pause to allow the other person to respond. Or rather you're responding, they think of another thought and loudly express it over the top of you. Right I couldn't live without the thought you've just imposed on me.

This is a product of the cell phone age. I feel the same way! I get calls all the time from people who never stop talking long enough to allow me to respond, and we talk over each other. People have lost the art of face-to-face, when you have visual cues of when to pause.

Related peeve -- people who call from their car while driving, and there is so much background noise (wind, traffic, etc.) that I can't hear them, and they get upset that I can't hear, like there's something wrong with me.

Driving peeve -- When I am approaching a red light or stop sign, I lift my foot from the accelerator and coast. People behind me, pass me, and race up to the stop. Congratulations! You beat me to the STOP LIGHT! I should buy stock in a brake shop.

People who stop 10 feet behind the line at a stop light.

I see this all the time. They're texting.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock

Historical movies that are so inaccurate it is painful. I get creative license, writer/director interpretation, adjusting things for the flow, but honest go God, if you are making a film {or writing a book} about a person or an event that actually happened and there are hundreds if not thousands of references available, why not stick to the facts? {I know, FWP, right?}

iLander

Ideal_Rock

The fact that we don't have a "sending dust emotie".

We send out tons of dust here, it would have been cool to get an emotie for it. :wink2:

Just sayin' . . . :)

iLander

Ideal_Rock

Colored stone sellers and setter that only use Facebook to show off their products!

Seriously, not Everyone uses Facebook, so why cut down your market like that? :cry:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Amber St. Clare|1439770056|3915356 said:
Historical movies that are so inaccurate it is painful. I get creative license, writer/director interpretation, adjusting things for the flow, but honest go God, if you are making a film {or writing a book} about a person or an event that actually happened and there are hundreds if not thousands of references available, why not stick to the facts? {I know, FWP, right?}

Hate this! Drives me batty in part because it drives DH batty and he spends the movie explaining in detail what is wrong so now it is not just not historical but a movie I never actually can follow through all the talking.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

This is really really petty but..if it's raining and you have your wipers on a higher setting and then it quits raining or just is sprinkling...you don't need them at top warp speed winging back and forth like it's the 40 days and 40 nights all over again.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

iLander|1439573987|3914553 said:
PintoBean said:

MOM?!?! I went to the doctor today and he said I need more fruit in my diet. Can you please bring me that pear? :dance: :naughty:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

People who talk through movies.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium

packrat|1439951179|3916253 said:
This is really really petty but..if it's raining and you have your wipers on a higher setting and then it quits raining or just is sprinkling...you don't need them at top warp speed winging back and forth like it's the 40 days and 40 nights all over again.
Totally agree. It makes me think they aren't even paying attention, because, hello your wipers are going crazy for nothing. Sometimes when it stops raining they even make a weird squeaking sound, and I can't stand that people don't turn them down/off!

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Poodles4me|1439592559|3914690 said:
Did you see a crazed blonde woman in your rear view mirror (lol)? I have to admit I did burst out laughing when I saw her hands get stuck in her hair. I was driving in a 80km zone one day and the woman in front of me was madly brushing her hair with one hand. When we got to the light she started backcombing and spraying, then proceeded to open the window to get rid of stray hairs from her brush. Buy hey, at least she did the coiffing and spraying while stopped.

Actually I touch my hair a fair bit as well. It's extremely thick but fine and being mid-length it get tangled easily so I run my fingers through it to unknot. I just don't do it while driving.
LOL! I don't think I've ever seen someone do THAT at a stop light. I remember one time I saw this car swerving all over the road in morning rush hour. The shittiest car I've ever seen, missing vital things like a drivers side mirror - and I pull up and this girl is doing her full face of makeup WHILE driving on the highway. I was like WTF lady, you cant even see (no mirror), not paying attention, and swerving everywhere. Recipe for disaster!

iLander

Ideal_Rock

PintoBean|1439951885|3916258 said:
iLander|1439573987|3914553 said:
PintoBean said:

MOM?!?! I went to the doctor today and he said I need more fruit in my diet. Can you please bring me that pear? :dance: :naughty:

Of course, DD! If you were willing to bring a little "sunshine" into my life. :naughty:

SMC

Ideal_Rock

People who don't use the provided disinfecting wipes to wipe off their equipment at the gym! I hate getting onto a sweaty treadmill. The wipes are RIGHT NEXT to the cardio equipment and people can't spend 20 seconds to wipe their disgusting fluids off.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Drivers who merge onto the parkway right in front of you without caring that there is not enough space to do so safely. :angryfire: Unbelievable. We were driving at the speed limit of 50 and a driver pulled right in front of us so we had to slam on the brakes as did the driver behind us. It was very dangerous and right behind the 2 cars it was clear so all he had to do was wait 5 sec and he could have merged 100% safely without causing anyone to slam on the breaks. Really makes me MAD when people drive so unsafely and without care for others. :angryfire:

So mad I am posting his picture here. Yes I took his pic and a pic of his license. He saw me as I waved as I did it. 8) I will refrain from posting his license plate.

unsafeandrudedriver.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

SMC|1440181505|3917303 said:
People who don't use the provided disinfecting wipes to wipe off their equipment at the gym! I hate getting onto a sweaty treadmill. The wipes are RIGHT NEXT to the cardio equipment and people can't spend 20 seconds to wipe their disgusting fluids off.

Yeah, that is pretty gross. Why can't people be more considerate? What is wrong with them? :((

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results