shape
carat
color
clarity

Victor Canera Reset

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been struggling with my EC. I listed it with Grace but I wasn't sure I wanted to sell it. I ended up asking for it back but there was just something about the setting that wasn't making my heart sing. I had it sized twice thinking it was a size issue but it wasn't a size issue. Then I felt like it was the size of the diamond. It felt top heavy and a bit tippy on my finger if only I could afford a 3ct! :naughty:

It was interesting when Niel was designing her three stone she asked for feedback and as I was trying to explain my thoughts it dawned on me that these were the elements I had struggled with..so began my aggressive pursuit of doing a reset. I started studying settings...Many settings. I narrowed it down to a new Erika Winters design The Helena or one of two VC settings. the first VC setting the more Art Deco setting with three side diamonds (like another PSer) or the one more closely similar to my current ring. I settled on the one that was most similar to my ring with the help of my DH who had helped pick the first ring.

Elements in the setting that over time I found that didn't work for me; The side stones were set at the same level as my center stone. I also didn't love the claw settings on the side stones. Interestingly during the commission of the first setting I initially didn't want claw set side stones then changed my mind. Hello, note to self go with your first instinct. :-o

As always Victor was most kind with feedback and ideas as I struggled to describe what I didn't love and the things I did love. He and Paige are both so pleasant and they really make the process so easy.

This in no way should take away from the original setting which was also a beautiful execution but just missed a couple elements I really wanted.

I'm posting this change for a couple reasons. I've watched several PSers struggle with settings and make changes. You are not alone. This website is both a blessing and a curse.

I don't have the ring yet.. this Friday but the pictures/video I been given already makes my heart happy. I'm very excited so I couldn't wait.

I know there will be people who are like...is she crazy. But I know there will be some who "get it". I'm reminded a bit of Frankie's journey to find what worked for her. I've read her thread a dozen times and studied her macro pictures.

Here is the video

https://youtu.be/NS1K8mLg2R8

_33218.jpg

_33220.jpg

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an elegant and fluid setting. I love the taper of the bullets and the shoulders. Huge difference! It will flow elegantly on your finger . Of course Victor nailed it. I can't wait to see it on your finger!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll be excited to see this on your hand! I bet it will look totally different to you with the variation in angles. It appears that rather than being one flat ring the bullets are tapered to fit the finger so much better.

I don't think any member of this forum could ever call you crazy for the reset - I think you're very fortunate to be able to communicate the things you loved and the things you didn't. Sounds easy but for many it is not. We'll be waiting to see the final reveal!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw that pic and I knew it was yours!

How exciting! It looks so polished

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, Mary, I think so many of us can relate! Goodness knows, I have had a few solitaires and am still working to get the AVR in a suitable setting!

I also get exactly what you mean about the angle of the side stones. I like them the way you had Victor set them the best, lower than the center stone and at an angle. I have been looking at emerald cuts myself and that was one reason I was so glad to get to see yours again in Las Vegas. This is definitely one of my favorite settings for ECs! Now the new ring will be even more fabulous! :love: Victor does such beautiful work and you are lucky to have another of his rings! :appl:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the little changes make a huge difference in the overall aesthetic of your ring. I really like Victor's groove set side stones which lets you see more of the diamond and less prongy metal. So love your new reset! :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
m-2-b|1439432524|3913945 said:
I think the little changes make a huge difference in the overall aesthetic of your ring. I really like Victor's groove set side stones which lets you see more of the diamond and less prongy metal. So love your new reset! :love:

They really do!!

And... Oh Mary, so many of us have been exactly where you are - no judgments here, that's for sure!! I'm so excited for you - how wonderful that you and Victor and Paige were able to identify the elements that needed perfecting and make them happen :appl: and I can't wait to hear what you think when you get it in a couple of days!

It looks gorgeous in that video :love: I *really* like the way lowering the sides below the center makes the center stand out, and I actually also really like the "filled in shoulders", vs. the cathedral cut-outs... it's a blockier look that suits the step cuts :sun:

Congrats on a successful reset!!!
(And OMG I'm SO GLAD you didn't sell that ring!!!!)

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Victor has this amazingly fluid way of setting 3 stones!!!! Love it, can't wait to see more handpics!!!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh! Gorgeous ring! Victor is a master in flowing proportions.
I am looking forward to see this on your finger. The detailing and a different angling can give such a new and updated look. Great decision.

makeable

Shiny_Rock
Details matter. The ring is perfection. Well done :appl:

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Very beautiful! Details really do matter. Wear in happiness and good health! :love:

mns12

Shiny_Rock
Wow, amazing how a few small details can make such a difference in the visual of the ring! SO elegant!! Great before and after pics.
Victor is awesome. I hope once you have the ring on your finger it is everything you wanted! Can't wait for the hand shots!!

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love your reset :love: :appl: It's only 3 small changes but your new setting looks more elegant and flow better. Can't wait to see hand shots.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hello, I saw your ring on Facebook this morning! I sort of recognized it also as another has said.

I can't wait to see this ring on your finger, I loved the old setting, but I LOOVE the new one.. congratulations, it's wonderful to see when we finally get it right (I really speak of me as I still don't like my setting after 4 times :)

it's a beauty.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, the little details really make an amazing difference. Victor's attention to the details is :love: Hope you are happy :D

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
I am so excited. the new setting looks so much cleaner and more fluid, then the cathedral setting. I can't wait to see pics IRL on your hand!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Can't wait to see it on your finger!! It was gorgeous before but these tweaks are going to make it sing!!

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Is it Friday yet? :naughty: I can't wait to see this iteration of your gorgeous ring! I can't wait to see this baby !

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those small changes make a BIG difference in the overall look of the setting. I think it looks gorgeous!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too seen it on facebook..that looks so nice cant to see that pictures...congrats

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The reset looks MUCH better. And since I reset my original engagement ring to a different setting, I know how important it is to love your setting - so don't feel bad about it and definitely no judgments from me! Looking forward to seeing it!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for all the nice comments. Yssie.. you made me LOL... No kidding I'm glad I didn't sell it!

Now I'm planning to camp out on the front porch for tomorrow's delivery.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is one beautiful ring. It's just pure perfection. :love:

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Mayk
Sorry if I missed it but did Victor do the original ring? I cannot wait to see the finished ring!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mayk, it's beautiful!! You have another piece done by Victor. His work is just wonderful. I do see the difference and I love it. I can't wait to see it on your hand. Can you post a comparison shot?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous reset. Those small differences really add up and change the whole feel of the ring. Beautiful before but now it is truly perfect. I cannot wait to see in on your hand! :love:

It's Friday! Cmon Fed Ex!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
laurenk|1439531431|3914379 said:
Hi Mayk
Sorry if I missed it but did Victor do the original ring? I cannot wait to see the finished ring!!

Victor did not do the first setting. David at DBL found the diamond and created the setting for me. I didn't list him because he did a wonderful job and he was a pleasure to work with. I at the time didn't know what I didn't know. I really didn't understand what wasn't working for me until I had worn the ring for awhile. I loved working with Victor on my Evelyn setting and I love his work... when I started looking again I looked at many options but I kept coming back to the the two VC settings. The Erika Winters setting The Helena was so tempting also but I was afraid I would miss the "traditional" EC setting that started this madness. My husband and I were in Palm Beach for my birthday and I tried on a number of large EC's and we both loved the style with the tappered sides. After I narrowed my choices to the three settings I showed DH and it took him about 3 seconds to pick this one.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few quick pictures... it's here and I'm thrilled.

It does sit differently on my finger... I'll post a couple comparison photos.. that may provide a little more detail...

Sorry for the yucky nails...

img_8919.jpg

img_8921.jpg

img_8922.jpg

img_8924.jpg

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A couple more...

img_8925.jpg

img_8926.jpg

_33275.jpg