color
clarity

Is anyone interested in Film Noir? Or simply movies from the

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Is anyone interested in Film Noir? Or simply movies from

HollyS|1439353699|3913611 said:
I think I only vaguely remember Another Man's Poison, and I know I could not have named it. I recall another 'mystery' Ms. Davis did playing a pair of twins, one of whom drowns, and the other takes over her life. But I cannot remember the name of that film, either. It is one to watch, though.

It's "A Stolen Life". I have seen it, but didn't remember it until you made me read about it. My memory has been shot for years!

Deb :wavey:

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock

AGBF|1439419945|3913878 said:
HollyS|1439353699|3913611 said:
I think I only vaguely remember Another Man's Poison, and I know I could not have named it. I recall another 'mystery' Ms. Davis did playing a pair of twins, one of whom drowns, and the other takes over her life. But I cannot remember the name of that film, either. It is one to watch, though.

It's "A Stolen Life". I have seen it, but didn't remember it until you made me read about it. My memory has been shot for years!

Deb :wavey:

Later on, maybe late 50s/early 60s she did another dual role in Dead Ringer, again playing good/bad twins, this time with Peter Lawford. It wasn't very good and I don't think it did very well at the box office and I seem to remember she was playing BETTE DAVIS instead of characters.

I did love her in June Bride, a comedy from the 30s, wherein she played Monty Wooley's secretary. It was light and fun and Ann Sheriden had a nice role. Anyone see it?

My husband pointed out I have a rather large collection of Barbara Stanwyk movies--she had a long and enduring career, but I never enjoyed he foray into television.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

My daughter and I watched "Bringing Up Baby", inspired by this thread, last night. She hadn't seen it since she was a child and found a lot in it that she had not noticed as a child.

Hi, kenny. Your reply to this thread did not show up, but I saw that you wrote one. I hope that soon your posts will soon be showing up.

Deb/AGBF

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock

AGBF|1441525446|3924206 said:
My daughter and I watched "Bringing Up Baby", inspired by this thread, last night. She hadn't seen it since she was a child and found a lot in it that she had not noticed as a child.

Hi, kenny. Your reply to this thread did not show up, but I saw that you wrote one. I hope that soon your posts will soon be showing up.

Deb/AGBF

Oh, so it's not my crummy computer?

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I watched 'Brick' last week - an interesting modern film with a Film Noir style, I liked it!

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock

OoohShiny|1441552864|3924284 said:
I watched 'Brick' last week - an interesting modern film with a Film Noir style, I liked it!

Never heard of it! Can you tell me who starred it in or when it was made?

Last week we watched A Face in the Crowd with Andy Griffith and Patricia Neal. Interesting story about the rise and fall of a demagogue. Interesting to see Griffith play a heavy.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results