Premium
Mine looks like this at the mo:

* An EC 6ct+ aquamarine from Jeff W for next year
* An Asscher or EC blue zircon
* A Paraiba cabochon
* A pink red spinel
* A green stone, such as Tsavorite, tourmaline or emerald
* An Asscher cut medium blue sapphire

Apart from the aquamarine, I have not planned to purchase any big ticket CS next year, as I am saving up to attend next year's Pearl Ruckus in LA, and have a pearl shopping in mind. :naughty:

Would anyone else like to share his/her CS future shopping list please? And thanks for sharing in advance.

DK :))

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Next purchase :Up_to_something: checking anniversaries calendar : 1-2 ct chrysoberyl, for a ring.

future future future purchases: spinel, emerald, Aussie opals

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your methodical approach DK, but I have to say that at this point, I'm much more of "I'll know it when I see it" kind of person.

I want a red/red/red stone for a ring. Whether its a spinel or ruby I don't know. I have a vivid reddish pink/magenta/pink/fuschia/pink (can you tell I think its pink? :cheeky: ) Mahenge that I think I will sell so I can use the proceeds for the red stone, which will probably cover about 10% of the cost of what I want, lol.

I want to set some more stones and make a bunch of short dangle earrings with some fanta spess, chrysos, blue tourmalines, Ethiopian opals, and some tsavorites/Merelani Mints and any other pairs I have. I don't necessarily mean combining them, but setting pairs individually.

Making an eternity ring/graduated sized rounds ring with some tsavorites and diamonds I've been collecting.

Finding stones for my settings or giving up and selling them.

That'll do for now. :))

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The only thing on my list at this point are purchases to make use of the stones and settings I have.

I was just telling friends that I have finally checked off most everything on my wish list for now. There are a couple of things that I would love but they are outside of my budget for what I want. Some suggest I am at a point where I should start looking at upgrades. But in regards to both cases, I really can't justify spending too much on one item knowing I won't wear it everyday. I like variety too much and in reality, my larger pieces probably get the least wear every day. So it would have to be something that screams must have at me at a price too good to pass.

What I REALLY need to do is stop reading about and looking at gems on-line so the temptation isn't there :wall:

katharath

Ideal_Rock
I think I'm fairly similar to Minous at this point.

There's not really any gems that I feel like I need to buy right now. I had a lot on my checklist but recently accomplished most of it. I'll write it out here - this is a mix of completed projects plus projects in the works, plus future projects...

I wanted:

- a round, saturated and well cut mahenge in the 1-2 ct range, set as a solitaire (that was a big one for me). Check.

- an unheated blue sapphire in the 1-2 ct range (bezel set in a pendant). Check.

- pair of unheated blue sapphire studs (ended up with a 1.15 ct total weight pair, about 4.75 mm but bezel set so closer to 7 mm finished size - perfect!!). Check.

- round Vietnamese lavender blue spinel, I wanted 1-2 ct but settled for .98 as it was perfect in every other way, and plus it was pricey and took years to find, so I'm pretty happy with it. Set in a simple ring. Check.

- a quality emerald piece. Finally found a gorgeous 5 stone emerald ring from Yvonne, about 1 ct tw, untreated Colombian except a bit of oil, and flippin beautiful! (Emerald is my birthstone and I've owned a lot of crappy ones over the years...). Check.

- a 1-2 ct round mint garnet. I currently have two rounds waiting setting, and one oval; I am planning to sell one of the three but can't decide which...(still, even after tons of thinking it over)

- I want a big but simply set statement pendant; I got the gem for it (big rose de France ammy from Dana), just need to set it.

- I wanted one CS halo style ring and am having Yvonne do that - it should be finished this week! Using a mahenge that I've had for awhile and been hanging onto, some amazing Burmese melee from Jeff Davies, and diamonds

- I've wanted a pair of dangly earrings (I always wear studs or very simple small hoops); those are being made right now too, by Yvonne. Using Burmese spinels and little 2.6 mm OMC diamonds, seriously cannot wait...

- still need to set a bunch of Tanzanian spinels that I have, no idea when I'll get to that, plus a violet sapphire too...

- I would like a couple of just gold pieces. Like a big chunky gold pendant. I recently got an everyday wear bracelet that is just gold (18k Tiffany 5 heart bracelet, I love it!! Goes with everything).

I'm at the point where I either have everything I want or just need to set it, or I am right in the middle of setting, lol. But I won't hesitate to pick up a gem that calls to me...I'm just not actively hunting any new gems. It's a weird feeling bc I've spent a ton of time doing that over the last couple of years. Oh actually that's not completely true - I would love a nice 1-2 ct tsavorite round. The one OTL recently got is my dream tsav. But prices are so damn high, I don't know if I'll ever get one, lol. Plus I want a round which is much more difficult to find.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
And actually I should add - I always love finding new bands to wear with my rings. I like to mix that up. So I do still look at interesting gold and CS bands; just anything that stands out. I will buy a new one maybe every 6 months or so, and then nothing terribly pricey, usually no more than $500 tops.

Unobuck19

Rough_Rock
Hello All!

Im looking to reset my grandmothers 1.3ct round OEC/transitional solitaire. I'd like a right hand ring and Im in love with yellow diamonds right now- so maybe something with yellow diamonds. Trying to come up with something that doesn't look like an engagement but am liking halos too right now.....
dreaming lol.

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've had pink on the brain at the moment, but undecided about a hue (either red or purple leaning, not just pink) or material (sapphire or spinel, probably tbd on hue and budget!)

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Right now I'm wanting some blue sapphire rough, originally I was looking at getting just a stone for my wife but now that I'm going down to the lapidary club and learning to cut stones - well I obviously have to cut one for her with my own hands!

And a Painite, that one is still on the cards for me :D

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would love a rich blue sapphire and a Windex paraiba, but I don't think that will be happening any time soon. :D
For now, I will concentrate on setting the stones that I already own. :wavey:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd like two cabs, either round or cushion. One in a raspberry-ish color and the other in a seafoamy color to bezel in yg.

I want to do a set of earrings but not sure if I want to add a stone to the center or just be all metal.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mochiko42|1439172404|3912843 said:
I would love a rich blue sapphire and a Windex paraiba, but I don't think that will be happening any time soon. :D
For now, I will concentrate on setting the stones that I already own. :wavey:

Addendum: Even though I'm on a ban, it doesn't mean I'm not still window-shopping.. :naughty:

Here is the list of stones that I'm window-shopping for but not seriously searching out right now:

- Paraiba
- blue and blue-green tourmalines
- rubellite
- violet spinel and sapphire
- ruby (Burma)
- Sapphire (blue and pads)
- Mahenge spinel
- black opals (just bought a small one from Brad)
- moonstone
- Colombian emerald
- a transitional cut diamond
- Peruvian blue opal
- mint garnet
- chrysoberyl (yellow and vanadium)

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I'm mainly a CS lurker these days, but I still have my wish list!

- a chyrso pendant for gray winter days
- a rose red spinel (I happen to prefer this shade and will happily take the discounted price) for a ring
- three smaller (~3-5mm) round pad sapphires or spinels to do a graduated band with alternating diamonds (very specific, I know, but the heart wants what the heart wants!)
- a really big (~5cts?) yellow sapphire or more realistically zircon for a solitaire ring in YG
- a black opal pendant
- and for the icing on the cake, an antique ruby line bracelet

I'm soon to pull the trigger on one of these but having a heck of a time picking where to start! Thinking I should snatch up a chyrso before the prices explode. But do I get the spinel before the prices double explode? Choices, choices...

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm still hunting for just the right saturated Merelani Mint garnet... and I dream of an Imperial Jade cabochon for a ring -- otherwise I'm still focusing on settings for CS I already own.

S

SparkliesLuver

That's quite the list, DK! Can't wait to see you acquire those. :D

My current project list is more about setting stones, but I do have a few things left:

1. pink/red or red/pink stone
2. Maine blue tourmaline
3. 8-10mm asscher cut sapphire

I'm in the process of setting my paraiba, and I plan on setting my chrysoprase in 2016.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My list also has more to do about setting stones than acquiring any more for now, but I still have a wishlist :bigsmile:

1) Sugarloaf stone--haven't exactly decided what color, but red would be TDF. I've been drooling over the one listed on LT, but that's not in the cards yet. Need to save up for settings first!

2) A paraiba will always be on my wish list!

3) A neon, glowy red/pink stone.

4) I dont have any green stones. So maybe an emerald/green garnet? Preferably in an emerald cut/ascher shape, since I love that cut so much for CS's

Edited to add that I also want a chrysoberyl after seeing all the threads about them lately. So that's #5

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My stone buying ban has started, however I do have a future wishlist:
- a beautiful Tanzanite, preferably a cab
- any stone from Jeff White: the yellow zircon did not work out as planned, but I would love to wear a stone from him

aussiejamie

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I really want to get my hands on a nice piece of Quality ruby rough as ruby is my birthstone. Not fussed on origin as long as it is nice color!

AJ

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
I don't have a green stone so I am looking to buy a small demantoid for a simple stacking ring. I want simple solitaire bezeled CS stackers. I am really into hackmanite right now, which is considered a soft stone, and should have two by the end of this year. They are just sooo cool and have unique qualities like tenebresence and fluorescence. I am also mainly working on setting my current stones, so not exactly buying much but I can't help but window shop! :) My ultimate red stone for the faraway and distant future is either a decent sized spinel or Ruby.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results