shape
carat
color
clarity

Sacrilege

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

elephant

Shiny_Rock
I know this post is somewhat sacrilegous on a website solely devoted to rings and diamonds, but bear with me. Ok, so recently, my bf and I went to look at rings. I saw a lot and I didn''t love any of them. I mean, I found some that I thought were "suitable" or fine. Did anyone else have this experience? I mean, I guess I thought I would look at rings and I would just fall in love with this one or that one. And I didn''t. Like I said, I looked at a lot and many different styles, etc. And, nope, nothing. Any thoughts?

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I felt that way too - considering we can''t afford a Leon or anything 2c - I found that buying a good diamond and having it set in something I really like was the answer....

Erin042905.JPG

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
I felt that way going to the mall or to to jewelry stores... nothing really jumped out at me... I thought I loved tacori and Vera Wang designs, but then, when we went to check them out at BBB, none of them really did it for me.

Don''t be discouraged... keep looking! You may find that something really unusual, like a colored stone or an antique piece, is exactly the thing! I think looking-- and the thrill of the hunt-- is the most fun part!

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
I agree....I went initially (just to window shop...not to buy!!) to Robbins Bros. since they have SUCH a large selection, but nothing jumped out at me...then I went to the LA Jewelry District with my sister, again, just to get ideas...nothing more...however, my sister caught the glimpse of a gorgeous baguette setting and insisted I try it on. I was skeptical, but once it was on my finger, it was THE ONE!! We must have looked through the district for 5 hours that day and there''s PLENTY of shopping opportunities...

It''ll hit you eventually...just give it time!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Yay, Erin''s ring got out of the microwave to breathe!!!
2.gif
2.gif
Always love seeing that gorgeous thing!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I know just how you feel! I have been looking and I think BlueDawgs set is as close as I cant get. But I have not tried on a single thing "that spoke to me" I am starting to wonder if there is something wrong with me. I love seeing others with their rings but I can seem to find on that I just have to have....keep looking. I know I am and we will both find what we love.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
no worries, i felt the same way. so instead oftrying to find a ring i love, i started focusing on elements i liked about ring to start forming a picture of a ring i''d like to see, hoping to run into it at some point OR you could go custom!!!

which i of course highly recommend as it was the course i took and i am very happy with that decision!

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe, if you feel adventurous, you can figure elements that you like and styles that look good on your finger, talk about about these parameters with your BF, and just let him pick one out. I''m sure whatever he shows you in the moment of the proposal, you will love, even if it didn''t really knock you down in a store. Oh, yeah, and make sure he''s educated about diamonds, first, of course!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, I agree with Ginger about starting to piece together elements that you like. I went from wanting a genuine antique ring, to a Scott Kay 3-stone setting, to a Vatche Royal Crown, to a setting I found in a local jewelry store...I finally had my ring custom designed, bringing together elements I loved in all of the rings I THOUGHT I wanted at one time or another. And I couldn''t be happier with the result!!!!

Also, keep trying different rings on...I found that ring shopping was kinda like clothes shopping...what looks good on the hanger might not look as good on, and something you would never think to try on might look surprisingly fantastic!! Good luck!!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
BTW, Erin, that''s a great ring!!!! It''s so unique, I really love the clean lines!

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
I felt kinda the same, so yeah, I understand.
1.gif
I just hope the same thing doesn''t happen when I start to try on wedding dresses. I really want to feel that "this is the one" feeling I get about the man.
2.gif

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
I felt kind of the same way - it wasn''t a conscious feeling that I wasn''t finding anything I really liked, it was more, I ended up liking a lot of rings pretty much equally. I would try on some that I liked in the case, and hate them on my hand - then, I''d try on others that I liked in the case and like them just fine on my hand. But nothing felt like "the one". I couldn''t tell if my problem was just that I liked everything too much, or nothing enough!

Anyhow, the thing is that rings are tiny, and all of the detail that seems so make or break in big internet pictures doesn''t make that much of a difference in real life. Honestly, of the styles that I liked and was trying on, they all kind of looked pretty much the same on my hand. Some were more comfortable, some fit better with a band, etc. Once you get a ring, you''ll love it because it will be yours, so maybe figure out what style you want in general, or email him a bunch of different pictures, and let him surprise you like Velouria said.

That''s the route I''m going, because I would have never been able to make a decision on my own. seriously, I''ve been surfing the internet looking at pictures for like a year already, saving my few favorite pictures in a little desktop folder. and there was never any "one" setting, even from pictures. It was always like 5 that I really liked but weren''t sure if any of them was "the one" and that group of 5 changed completely and regularly over the course of the year.

northstar_78

Shiny_Rock
Been there too...I live in NYC where everyone has bling! Most of what I see in the jewelry boutiques doesn''t catch my eye but if I end up at Tiffany''s I start to drool. I too love Leon but I''m currently waging my own war about pave'' as I love the way it looks but the rings I''ve tried on in general don''t feel comfortable.

I''ve tried on TONS of ring but only if I see a picture online that I like. Thankfully most of the vendors I''m interested are local so I can make an appointment and stop by to see.

Sometimes I get my hopes up too much and the ring either isn''t there or I don''t like it or I don''t like the diamond...it''s frustrating! I''ve changed my mind A LOT over what I want as an e-ring. I''ll try on something in the store and love it then find something similar and love it even more...or I''ll just run the other way entirely.

For me I started with a general idea then narrowed it down for one reason or another. I love the design of many rings but I have a small finger and not everything works.

Maybe I fall in love with rings too much then move on to something different. But I think the problem is that I haven''t found the one ring that ''speaks'' to me yet although I''m getting close!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results