shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice On BGD Cushion

Verdy

Shiny_Rock
Hello everyone,

Cushion newbie here, I was looking for some advice on a BGD cushion diamond I'm purchasing for my girlfriend's engagement ring. Our budget is pretty tight, about $2500 for the diamond and $1500 for a halo setting. I've heard extremely good things about BGD's stones, but I want some extra input so I know I'm spending on a performing stone. I've looked around for some forum members that have BGD's H&A cushion diamonds but haven't had much luck. Here's the specs:

F color, SI1 clarity

Measurements 6.03 X 5.19 X 3.49

Table %: 60.2
Depth %: 57.8
Crown Angle: 34.0
Pav Angle: 40.7

ASET:

Idealscope Arrows (didn't have one for hearts):

Fluorescence:

Let me know what you think, any advice or input is more than welcome. Thank you!

screen_shot_2015-08-04_at_9.png

screen_shot_2015-08-04_at_0.png

screen_shot_2015-08-04_at_1.png

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stone looks fine, did they give you that quote for the halo? Most of their halos are more expensive than that.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Verdy

Shiny_Rock
Thank you arkieb1! Fortunately this stone is a about $600 less than I hoped to spend on just the diamond (which is why I wanted to know if it was a worthwhile stone!) so I can use the extra to look for a nice halo setting. BGD's halo's are extremely expensive, the only one I've found that I really like is the Anita halo:

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/engagement-rings/pave-and-side-stones/the-anita-halo-18k-white-gold-5950w18

I did find another halo at Eternity by Yoni, the Madison:

https://www.eternitybyyoni.com/engagement-rings/diamond-engagement-ring/Madison-Cushion-Halo-Ring-520.htm#

But I haven't found any real-life photos of the two settings to have a more visual perspective on them.

Verdy

Shiny_Rock
JDDN|1438703016|3911019 said:
Here's an informative thread on someone's search for a cushion. He ends up buying a BGD cushion and sets it into one of their halos. Photos of the stone and finished ring are in the thread. He details his experience at BGD as he was able to go to see the stones first.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/please-help-with-cushion-for-engagement-ring.213019/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/please-help-with-cushion-for-engagement-ring.213019/[/URL]

Thanks JDDN! I did happen to find this thread and loved the way his cushion turned out. I'm more of a fan of the squared out shape rather than the rectangle.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
so a few things...

This cushion looks great! However, it will look similar to a round mrb.
Cushions face up small. You could get a very similar look and get a round mrb, set it in a cushion halo, and have a bigger face up diamond.
If you are on a tight budget, that be something to look into, HOWEVER if youre happy with the size and cost of what you have, it will look amazing :)

Verdy

Shiny_Rock
telephone89|1438730472|3911200 said:
so a few things...

This cushion looks great! However, it will look similar to a round mrb.
Cushions face up small. You could get a very similar look and get a round mrb, set it in a cushion halo, and have a bigger face up diamond.
If you are on a tight budget, that be something to look into, HOWEVER if youre happy with the size and cost of what you have, it will look amazing :)

Thanks for the tips telephone89! I'm actually pretty happy with the size and price of this cushion, she has really small and thin hands - wears a 4.75 size ring. She also emphasized the importance of quality and performance over size and spread, and I've seen a few BGD cushions that are really stunning on the forum. Plus, I found out through their site, they offer a lifetime upgrade policy on their signature diamonds so if she ever wanted anything bigger upgrading is always an option. I went ahead and purchased the stone it should be here by Friday, I'll have some time to look at it and decide if it's the right one. I'm really looking forward to watching it sparkle in person!

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fantastic! We always love seeing photos and/or videos if you want to share when you get the diamond :mrgreen:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hope you come back with more pictures. I have always loved the BGD cushions!

Verdy

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the feedback everyone! I'll definitely post photos when the stone arrives!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results