shape
carat
color
clarity

Does your finger fluctuate about a 1/4 size between...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
summer and winter?

My ring is sized at 8.25 and it was a perfect fit during the wintertime, but now it is summertime I wish my ring was size 8.5

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep! My right hand finger sizes are about 1/4 - 1/2 size bigger that the left, so in the summer, a few of my RHRs migrate to the left hand or smaller fingers as they swell with the heat. If not for that, I would need summer and winter rings. :D

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Yes, that sounds about right. I'd say mine fluctuates about a 1/4 of a size.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes. Both my erring and my yellow ring, in my avatar are a size 5.25, so I could wear the new ring on my right or left. Now I'm wishing I'd had it made a 5.5 or even a 5.75, but I know I'll be perfectly happy again in the winter. (and I manage to wear them both, anyway.)

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
yes dont know how much it does fluctuate but my rings are quite loose in the winter and snugger in the summer

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely at least 1/4 size. In the winter my ER is loose (5.75) so I wear 2 WBs with it and it helps though it is still loose it will not fall off with those 2 extra bands on my ring finger. In the summer I wear one WB with my ER and it fits snugly. As in it's not going anywhere LOL. That is the best compromise I was able to come to. 2 WBs in winter and ER still fits slightly loose and one in summer and ER fits slightly tight. Though in the A/C it fits loosely again. Cannot win with those darn temperature fluctuations. :wink2:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
It fluctuates that much in a day.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
My rings are tighter in the day and looser in the evenings. Also, depending on my salt intake the day before--sometimes they blow up whole size and I have to struggle to remove them.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1438607425|3910441 said:

Me too!!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine go at least a full size bigger in the summer. I had my rings sized larger for that reason, but they will spin in winter. It's the humidity here that is a killer. Some days I don't wear any rings because they all just bug me in the heat.

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's funny that we're on the topic. I was in a boring meeting this morning and noticed my rings are tight. They spin on my fingers like crazy in the winter though. I started having this fantasy about having a set for winter and a set for summer.....

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely, and maybe even a little more.

It can go up during a day in which I'm cleaning or playing piano a lot or keyboarding a lot too.

Salty food? For sure.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My fingers are definitely bigger when the weather is warm.

DK :))

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
8.25 ring size fits me nicely in the summer. In the winter, my finger shrinks bw 1/4 to 1/2 size depending on how cold it is.

But if I have a salty meal, man, those rings don't want to come off!! :naughty:

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes. I normally wear a size 5.25, but in the winter I can wear a 5 and in the summer I go up to a 5.5. All my eternities are 5.75 to 6 though because over the years my finger in general has grown in size from a 4.75, so to account for finger size increase, I just get them a little bigger.

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ame|1438607425|3910441 said:

This! Sometimes my rings fit me in the morning and then I have to take them off throughout the day.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
ame said:
This. My ring size fluctuates greatly between seasons. During the hot, humid summers here in Korea I wear an 8-8.25. During winter I can go down to a 7.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Way more than that! At least 1/4 size through out the day and usually much more. Year round it seems to be closer to 1 size.

Kpearls

Rough_Rock
This literally happens all day. My ring size will fluctuate between a 4.75 and a 5. The problem is when the my finger is a 4.75 the ring will slip off! Does anyone know a band that I could pair with my right hand ring that wouldn't look like a marriage ring, but also fluid?

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock
My ring size seems to be all over the place depending on weather or what I have eaten. I had my ER made sightly larger after receiving it. I still have trouble getting it on and off on hot days or after salty meals.

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
It's all about the temperature and the diet for me. I think someone is lucky if the change is only a quarter of a size.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wish my ring was adjustable b/t size 8.25-8.5

mns12

Shiny_Rock
Yes, and lately it seems like even more then 1/4! My knuckle is the main issue, and then on top of that heat and diet. It's a hassle! I just had my new ER sized up a 1/4 size since it was extremely difficult to pass it by my knuckle. And now, a month later, I'm having trouble again. With this humidity I'm not even bothering trying to wear it the last several days. It does fit on my right hand but I'm worried I'll knock it around. And if I have salt and/or a few drinks the night before it's even worse.

The strange thing is I have an eternity (much wider than my ER) that is a 1/4 size smaller and I don't have as much difficulty getting that on. I thought the wider the shank the more tight it may feel? But that is not the case for me. I know I have heard people mention a u prong setting can fit larger, but if it is smaller on the mandrel I don't get it??

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My rings fit in the morning and are loose and falling around on my fingers by evening. Also in the summer my ring size goes up about a 1/2 if not more.

decisively_unsure

Shiny_Rock
Not just the finger size, but metal expands and contracts with heat and the cold. Indeed you need a size or a half "play" for when those hot summer months strike vs. colder months. As we age, knuckles tend to get larger, and we often put more weight on, which is why a lot of people have to resize their rings as they get older.

rimjaja

Rough_Rock
My fingers can go up 2 FULL sizes over the coarse of the day. I can (at times) wear a 7.25 or a 7.5 - but 7.75 is my most common size. I can hit 9 on hot or inflammatory days. My ER is a 8 and I wear a spiral cut rubber bumper on the bottom. That way the ring doesn't fall off on loose days, and on really swollen days - I can remove the rubber or just not wear a ring

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Mine fluctuate at least a 1/2 size! In the winter my e-ring is so loose I can shake it off my hand with a few vigorous shakes, but in the summer my hands swell so much that sometimes I can't wear both my wedding band and e-ring together and I have to wear one or the other. When I was engaged I had sizing beads put into the band of my e-ring to keep it from spinning or falling off, but had them taken out once I started wearing a wedding band.

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
vtigger86 said:
Wish my ring was adjustable b/t size 8.25-8.5

What about sizing beads? They allow your finger to expand when it needs to, but help your ring stay on when it's loose. I thought they would bother me, but I really can't feel them at all.

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Also, I bought a plain silver band that's a whole size larger than my wedding set for days when my hands are really swollen (extreme heat, too much salt or alcohol or long travel days) for times that I don't want to go ringless. It's nice to have that option if I want it.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My finger size changes from day to day. My right ring finger is a 5.75 but if it's humid and hot I can wear a 6. Or sometimes it's larger from the early morning on. Those days I just wear a size 6.

I don't notice that much of a day to day change in my left ring finger. In winter when I visit a really cold climate I wear an extra band to keep my ering and wedding ring from sliding off.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results