color
clarity

Vent/Rage of the day thread

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1438338009|3909357 said:
TooPatient|1438321528|3909335 said:
Chemgirl -- how about a shopping trip together and the 're meals together one day a week. Planning for the week is easy when you get sad to it. Do a couple of main dishes each and prep stuff for a couple of others (cut veggies, mix what you can, etc). Then you aren't doing single servings.
Can always do stuff that can have shared side dishes.

I know a couple who does this and love it.

Chemgirl, I am in complete agreement with Kristie and TooPatient. Your dh has to take an active role in preparing his meals. You are not his servant. My dh and I do not eat the same food much/most of the time and what we do is what TooPatient has described. We shop together and then my dh cooks for the week and I do my part too despite not being a cook. I soak and cook my own beans and my dh grills my veggies for the week and I prepare a fresh salad for us every night. And it works for us and we have meals prepared for the week for the most part so when we get home from work it doesn't take long or much effort at all to make dinner for the 2 of us though we are eating different meals.

LLJsmom said:
Amber St. Clare|1438303952|3909269 said:
LLJsmom|1438298437|3909228 said:
azstonie|1438291817|3909174 said:
House Cat|1438272481|3909047 said:
I have pushed myself REALLY hard this summer in order to get my house ready to sell. My dad and I painted the exterior of the house ourselves in 100-degree heat. I painted the interior of the house myself. I spent weeks doing all kinds of odd jobs getting this house showroom ready. Every single day I worked and worked myself to the point to where I hurt. It paid off in the sense that the house is gorgeous...but...

Here come the mental health symptoms... fight or flight is on like no one's business: I can't stand to have anyone touch me because my skin feels electric. My sense of smell is so strong that it magnifies everything and normal, everyday smells nauseate me. I am on edge and having trouble talking to people with love and respect. I am apologizing all of the time. Horrible memories are flooding my mind. I can't sleep and when I do, ideas are flooding me, bad dreams, good dreams. My mind runs so fast that it almost feels like I am psychic. I find myself getting caught in a rush of speech that is so fast, so out of control, that by the time I realize I am in it...I am embarrassed...hello hypomania.

crap

Everyone says, "i would be stressed out too!" but i HATE the way my body processes stress. I want to be able to handle stress! I want to be normal! I want to just be stressed and tired and worn out and not lose my sh!t. I want to go through life and experience stress and not have to take ultra sedating-tranquilize a horse-type meds in order to get back to normal.

There is my vent. I know life can be so much worse. I have a lot of really great blessings. Today, I just feal weak.

Its going to be okay. Get some sustained hard exercise to get your body tired. Listen to some John kabat zinn on Amazon to settle your mind. Its going to be okay.

Agree with azstonie! Hard 1.5-2 hour workout, till your body is screaming at you. So your mind isn't allowed to focus on anything except getting your muscles to obey. And then let it go. Please know that his comes from a person who needs to train for and run marathons to quiet the demons. I've run six and have more planned so trust me. I know crazy. I live it, and live with it daily. Good luck!! You're not alone!

Or try HEATED YOGA. It will leave you limp as a rag and you will be crying for a nap.

Yes, I do that too! Bikram yoga. You lose about 3 pounds in sweat and leave feeling cleansed and exhausted. You'll just need to get over the excess of everyone dripping pools of sweat in a 103-107 degree room. Believe it or not, I LOVE it.

Housecat, I totally agree with Kristie (again haha) and LLJsmom. Exercise is our savior. It quiets the mind and activates all those good feeling endorphins and better allows us to handle stress and process worrisome thoughts. Find an aerobic activity you LOVE doing and you will stick with it. If you can do it on a consistent basis it will become a habit and that much easier to make time for each day. I do my workouts early morning before the day begins to get it in when I can without any other life distractions and I never skip workout unless I have a fever or an emergency. Make it a priority and do it every day and you will feel better emotionally and physically for it. I also love Pilates for calming the mind and making the body feel better. Sending you good thoughts and lots of hugs!
Thank you everyone!! This is all good stuff that I need to hear! I am going to start Hot Yoga this week. I have always shied away from it because my meds say to avoid strenuous activity in the heat, but I just painted a house in 103-degree weather, so I think I just proved that particular side effect isn't a factor for me. I wonder if I should try to do it in the evening? Would it make me tired to do it midday or would it have a more peace giving effect? (slow the racing, circular brain down? This thing is crazy on fire.)

I also have a psych appointment on Monday. The yoga will help with that too because the increase in meds will definitely mean an increase in weight. I'm becoming a fatty because of all of the med increases. It would be nice to look like myself again.

I feel so lucky to always be where I am meant to be. I really appreciate the kindness that I find here. :))

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
House Cat, I am so sorry you are going thru this. I don't have much in the way of advice but hope you feel better soon.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
House cat, if you are too busy for an intense exercise class, what helps me is to get up and walk a lap or two every hour for no more than 3-7 minutes. It is ME time for those brief moments.

Paz

Rough_Rock
Just wanted to post a quick note of thanks for all your replies! All of you who have also struggled with migraines have my heartfelt sympathy and wishes for as many pain free days as possible for you.

I've upped my dose of topamax and have felt doped up for the past few days, so I am just lurking for now. :wacko:

Best wishes for everyone struggling with health issues!

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
canuk-gal|1438290594|3909159 said:
jordyonbass|1438280242|3909095 said:
So there's a new guy at work and he's killing us all but especially me right now (I am part of a dispatch team for electrical and gas faults and emergencies). Now look, I'm a fisherman and understand that tall tales can have a place in entertainment where the truth is slightly forgotten - but this is a whole new level. People at work have made reference to a 'BS-meter' where staff give a rating out of 10 on how far-fetched what he is saying is. This wouldn't be an issue usually as there's multiple people on and we run 24/7 so you're not always working with the guy or have multiple people in the office. However I managed to pull the short straw and have been stuck with him the last 4 graveyard shifts, on my own without another person in the office but him. My brain is fried and my eyeballs are floating in verbal sewerage. You seriously wouldn't believe the list of stuff that he has told us...

As terrible as this sounds, I have my fingers crossed that some idiot rams their car into a power pole. I don't want them to be hurt, just stuff up the power so I can do something other than have to talk to this guy!! :roll:

Then talk to him--not about his stories but about his responsibilities. He is accountable as are you. That is what leadership is about. Be a mentor, "obviously" he is looking for one. :))

cheers--Sharon

Hi Sharon :wavey:

I'm not so sure of that personally, it seems more that he has a macho need to be the alpha male and can be a little argumentative at times. If you mention anything personal you've done in your life, he has done the same thing and ten times better. We're all kind of hoping that he is going to calm down with the tall tales and settle into his position. As much as I would like to sit down with him and tell him to cool down in order to fit in with the team, I'm not so sure he would listen as I am at least 10 years younger than him.

I'm on shift with him again tonight and we've had a number of emergencies to send our crews to, it's keeping him quiet and busy (and keeping me sane!). I'm not one to complain about people, but he really is a handful :roll:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ckrickett|1438435859|3909726 said:
so we are having an additional bathroom built ,and it will be built in the loft area of our second story. the worker left the door open to the roof( the roof you can walk on so they have been doing some cutting and building up there rather then do it downstairs and bring it up) there is a latch on the door to keep it from opening until we get a new door, and we have asked several times to ensure it is always latched when someone isn't out there, and that the door is always closed and never left open. We have 3 cats and one likes to bolt out doors if he sees them open even for a minute.

so I am guessing they closed it but didn't latch it (it can open on its own, its an older door) and it swung open yesterday and one of my cats got out. I was lucky I was where I was because I just happened to see him outside. I freaked out and got him. I Got angry at my mom who was staying over because I thought she had let him out. So I bring him inside and 15 minutes later I notice he isn't around for lunch (which is odd because he is ALWAYS underfoot when lunch is out), I go upstairs and I notice the door is wide open and my cat is gone again.

WE scramble and finally find him in the neighbors yard after an hour of looking. this neighbor has 3 large territorial dogs and I am practically in hysterics, THANKFULLY the dogs where inside and we were able to get him.

It could have been much worse, I could not have seen him originally, or the dogs could have hurt him pretty bad. I am absolutely livid and have had anxiety over this the past weekend. The guy comes back tomorrow to do more work, and I don't know what I will say to him.

I am just glad my cat is home and safe.

Oy oy oy, I feel your pain Ckrickett. I would speak with this guy and tell him how dangerous his carelessness was and I would also write a big note and tape it to that door to the roof so he (and everyone else who might be using that door) cannot miss it. LATCH THIS DOOR PLEASE!!!! I hope all your sweet fur babies are safe and sound and I am sorry you had to go through all this.

PintoBean said:
We closed on the sale of our apartment yesterday :appl: I lost my job today. :errrr:

Did I have to be a wise a$$ yesterday when we got the checks and joke, now I don't have to work for a year?

My friend told me my boss cried when she told her that I was let go. She htold her she ad never had a call like that, where I asked to send her a document I had been working on, told her I understand business decisions are business decisions, and and thanked her for my tenure at the company. I guess people in the past went ape $hit.

Three people were let go today, one from each group because it was three bad quarters in a row. They usually wait till October/November to make cuts so it must be bad...

One developer I spoke with said that he and his teammate are beyond disappointed. He said I was one of the few who genuinely cared about the projects, the clients, and fostered a team environment.

There are two other people in my group... One is a senior in title and also does some work for sales group. He also drinks with the GM when they get together. The other person, my girl friend, has been with the company in its many lifetimes for 25 years and is the only one that handles a certain type of client, also I have always suspected that she commands a lower salary due to staying with the same company for so long and the lower cost of living where she is located. Me, I'm last in with al,out two years under the belt...first out... ;(

I feel ashamed and embarrassed, regardless.

I spent the afternoon updating my resume and sent it out to someone in my network.

I didn't eat lunch. My eczema flared up slightly from the stress. I made a lot of mistakes playing the piano this evening bc my mi d is not all there.

I ate my favorite slice of pizza chicken Marsala DH brought home for my lunch for dinner. It was good. I am going to have speculoos ice cream from Ben and Jerrys now.
I was going to have my hair cut and splurge on a fun dye job tomorrow, dye job out of question now, but I don't know if I even want a haircut...

I can't talm to my friends on FB bc they all work with my former employer and former former employer. I am at a loss bc so much of my life is work. Work is what defines me and makes me feel valuable. I gotta stop ranting and eat my ice cream.... :nono:

Pinto, I am so sorry and please don't beat yourself up about this. It is very traumatic losing one's job and you know it was through no fault of your own. While things may seem bleak and dark right now everything will get better and work out in time. I understand how you feel but know that work is not who you are and you will find another job that you will like as much or even more with time. You are valuable with or without work sweetie so please know that and you will be OK. Lean on your dh and loved ones for emotional support and don't be tough on yourself. (((HUGS))) and sending you lots of PS dust for finding an even better job! And congratulations on the sale of your apartment. :appl:

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1438385096|3909579 said:
We closed on the sale of our apartment yesterday :appl: I lost my job today. :errrr:

Did I have to be a wise a$$ yesterday when we got the checks and joke, now I don't have to work for a year?

My friend told me my boss cried when she told her that I was let go. She htold her she ad never had a call like that, where I asked to send her a document I had been working on, told her I understand business decisions are business decisions, and and thanked her for my tenure at the company. I guess people in the past went ape $hit.

Three people were let go today, one from each group because it was three bad quarters in a row. They usually wait till October/November to make cuts so it must be bad...

One developer I spoke with said that he and his teammate are beyond disappointed. He said I was one of the few who genuinely cared about the projects, the clients, and fostered a team environment.

There are two other people in my group... One is a senior in title and also does some work for sales group. He also drinks with the GM when they get together. The other person, my girl friend, has been with the company in its many lifetimes for 25 years and is the only one that handles a certain type of client, also I have always suspected that she commands a lower salary due to staying with the same company for so long and the lower cost of living where she is located. Me, I'm last in with al,out two years under the belt...first out... ;(

I feel ashamed and embarrassed, regardless.

I spent the afternoon updating my resume and sent it out to someone in my network.

I didn't eat lunch. My eczema flared up slightly from the stress. I made a lot of mistakes playing the piano this evening bc my mi d is not all there.

I ate my favorite slice of pizza chicken Marsala DH brought home for my lunch for dinner. It was good. I am going to have speculoos ice cream from Ben and Jerrys now.
I was going to have my hair cut and splurge on a fun dye job tomorrow, dye job out of question now, but I don't know if I even want a haircut...

I can't talm to my friends on FB bc they all work with my former employer and former former employer. I am at a loss bc so much of my life is work. Work is what defines me and makes me feel valuable. I gotta stop ranting and eat my ice cream.... :nono:
Big hugs to you. I'm sorry you are going through this!

It sounds as though you were an outstanding employee. You handled yourself with incredible grace when you were being laid off and that speaks volumes about your character. Your boss will probably have really good things to say about you in the future?

You have nothing to be ashamed of. I hope you find a new position soon...something much better than you had before!!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1438511723|3910018 said:
Pinto, I am so sorry and please don't beat yourself up about this. It is very traumatic losing one's job and you know it was through no fault of your own. While things may seem bleak and dark right now everything will get better and work out in time. I understand how you feel but know that work is not who you are and you will find another job that you will like as much or even more with time. You are valuable with or without work sweetie so please know that and you will be OK. Lean on your dh and loved ones for emotional support and don't be tough on yourself. (((HUGS))) and sending you lots of PS dust for finding an even better job! And congratulations on the sale of your apartment. :appl:

Pinto: As usual Missy has found a way to eloquently express what I was thinking. I suspect many of us have been at that point where it seems like our jobs are who we are and what we have to contribute - I know I have. But it isn't true, as any of your loved one or even your neighbors will tell you. You are so much more than your job and its trappings. I trust you'll find a new position soon, and that it will be even better than the one you left. Big huggs to you! And though I know you have a million things on your plate right now, please find a few moments to just be kind to yourself when you can.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I am a school psychologist, and, as such, am very well versed in cognitive assessments (commonly referred to as "IQ" tests). I am SOOOO tired of seeing random "IQ" tests on Facebook, where everybody and their mother is a freakin genius, and the test is only testing one cognitive domain and has absolutely ZERO validity. I just saw one that said- "The average IQ in America is 98, what's yours?"... Of COURSE the average is 98, 100 is the mean! That LITERALLY means average!! I have to refrain from citing research and spouting psych-speak and looking like an a-hole... But if I see any more "geniuses" on FB, my head might explode!!!!! :wall: :wall: :wall:

Sorry. Rant over. Carry on.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am going to lose my marbles. Our new windows are in, and set to be installed on Thursday. I had a whole "schedule" for this weekend of us taking the blinds down and putting trash bags up to keep peeping nosy neighbors from looking in, and any wandering snoops from coming up and checking out our goods. Well DH thought my plans were crap, and decided that we should just wait til the night before they go in to do any of that, and also declared the trash bag idea "stupid" and "wasting resources" and that I am "crazy" for thinking anyone would dare look in our windows. He lives in this insulated world of delusion that no one would ever look in our windows. I have caught the neighbor looking in more than once.

So it's now 8:12 PM, and he's literally wasted the entire weekend sleeping, playing games and watching TV to avoid doing anything, and any time I would start doing any work to prepare, moving furniture, he would deliberately make it an issue. He avoids all planning because he thinks it is a waste, and I knew I should've just called my dad to come help me. I am not waiting til the night before. He just wasted yet another f-cking weekend doing NOTHING. And of course he has to work next weekend, so getting everything back in order will fall on me, or me and my dad. WHAT A FREAKING SHOCKER. :angryfire:

I am sitting here seething with rage while he's in bed, sleeping since 4pm.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My iPad just ate my post when it froze!

Thank you Missy, Housecat, and VRBeauty for your kind words. I read them over and over this weekend.

I kept myself busy this weekend, but I did have some mood swings at times.

Today was rough... Seeing DH go off to work...

I have formulated a game plan. The next two weeks I will be reaching out to my network in the same industry and paper them with my resume lol.

After that, I will get down and dirty and search for a similar position regardless of industry... I'm also brainstorming and making a checklist of where former colleagues went off to so that I can reference them about the position, employer, and internal referrals if available.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1438649235|3910744 said:
My iPad just ate my post when it froze!

Thank you Missy, Housecat, and VRBeauty for your kind words. I read them over and over this weekend.

I kept myself busy this weekend, but I did have some mood swings at times.

Today was rough... Seeing DH go off to work...

I have formulated a game plan. The next two weeks I will be reaching out to my network in the same industry and paper them with my resume lol.

After that, I will get down and dirty and search for a similar position regardless of industry... I'm also brainstorming and making a checklist of where former colleagues went off to so that I can reference them about the position, employer, and internal referrals if available.

Great plan!

DH was laid off 13 months ago. It is insane. Searching and searching :nono:
It sounds like you have a great network of friends and colleagues. I hope someone is able to point you at a great position and this will all turn out to be a positive change for you.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you TooPatient!

Sending your DH lots and lots of dust!!!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yesterday I was insulted and disgusted; today I am blue.

I had to email HR asking the status of the severance paperwork before getting them a couple hours later on Wednesday (yesterday). I originally had an OB/GYN appointment scheduled yesterday but canceled it on Tuesday because I had no idea about the status of my medical benefits. Good thing...

My papers, ugh... One week pay is my severance. And my benefits terminate on the last day of the month that I'm terminated in. Since I was terminated on July 31, that means I've got nada.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1438878087|3911872 said:

I had to email HR asking the status of the severance paperwork before getting them a couple hours later on Wednesday (yesterday). I originally had an OB/GYN appointment scheduled yesterday but canceled it on Tuesday because I had no idea about the status of my medical benefits. Good thing...

My papers, ugh... One week pay is my severance. And my benefits terminate on the last day of the month that I'm terminated in. Since I was terminated on July 31, that means I've got nada.

:( I'd be livid. That hardly even qualifies as a severance package. :nono:

Can you apply for unemployment insurance to help see you through this time? I know COBRA is expensive, but - unless you can get health insurance through your hubby's insurance, might be worth it. (I have to admit that I've no idea where the ACA fits in all this.)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1438878087|3911872 said:

Yikes! That is awful!

I know there were people from DH's former employer who got about that too (well, to be fair they did pay 6 months of COBRA). Even the guys who had been there for a long time got not all that much.
(had over 6,000 out in our area that day -- plus another 5,000 or so at another location)

AFM --
I am so exhausted. My day started up and going at 8am. Non stop. Didn't have time for breakfast. DH talked with four different recruiters today. Had to re-write part of his resume and get the updated on up on all the sites plus to the recruiters he has been talking with this week. Applications in for me. Applications in for him. Certification online course for me. Running our small business. Oh, and I managed to bake a cream cheese apricot coffee cake for "A" to take to her "potluck" with her friends. Had an hour out for lunch but other than that, non stop going. Even sat mending clothes while we watched a movie before bed. So my day has quite literally been 16 1/2 hours.

Got declined after another interview. I was perfect for it. Didn't get it. Didn't even get to go for in person. DH got the same yesterday.

I'm having a hard time staying positive. I try so hard and force a smile and cheery reply all day. I just am feeling defeated. Every day looks like this. DH and I both working hard and nothing ever coming of any of it.

Oh. And I had to withdraw from my classes for fall quarter. Payment due tomorrow and there is just no way that is happening. I mean, these weren't part of the bachelor's program. They were "just" pre-requisites for the new bachelors program at the (used to be community) college since I didn't get admitted to the nice university.

Sorry for the down post. Just needed to get that out somewhere. The last 13 months have really been wearing me down.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient,

I don't often post, but I want you to know that I hope things improve for you soon. Its no wonder you're exhausted and finding it hard to stay positive. I've only read a bit about what you've been going through, but it sounds like its been a long, bumpy ride lately. Sometimes life is like that. Although you're very busy, I hope you're able to find a few quiet moments to yourself to take a couple of deep breaths. Sometimes, stressful situations result in a shift in perspective, priorities, career, etc., and we end up on a better path. Sorry, if that's too philosophical and all you want at the moment is to scream or hide under the covers. :angel:

Anyway, I hope things turn around soon for you and your family.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending {{{Hugs}}} your way Too Patient. I hope things change for you soon.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So what is wrong with me??? I have no patience. I've always had very little but it seems to be getting worse. :knockout:

I had to register my DD for school today. I was waiting in line with 2 people ahead of me and nobody behind me when
a women (cafeteria worker) calls me specifically over to her table. I know I dont need to go to the cafeteria table because
my DD brings her lunch and we dont qualify for free/reduced lunch and thats about all they do at that table. So I go over
there and she explains those 2 things to me and I'm getting irritated because I know I dont need to hear it (or want to hear it)
and she is just wasting my time. So I tell her I dont need any of that and turn around to go back to the line I DID need to be
in and...wait for it...yep, now I'm number 5 in line. So I turn around to her and say "And now I've lost my place." I feel like
I can't even be civil (or even fake it). What's wrong with me??? Is this part of menopause?

And before anyone judges...it had nothing to do with her being a cafeteria worker. I'm pretty sure I can be rude to anyone
right now with the mood I'm in. I just HATE it when people waste my time.

If I had been thinking I would have told her no, I would be over there when I was through with this line. But it was the
way she pointed at me and did the little finger curl to get me to come over I felt like I couldnt say no.

Any body got anything they can recommend for my lack of patience? I feel like I need a magic pill or something???

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
December-fire -- Thank you. I keep reminding myself of that. It is how I usually look at life too. Some of the most unpleasant things lead to some of the best things in life. I believe that.

TyTy -- Thank you.

Sorry to have posted so negative yesterday. Just having a rough night.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TyTy --- Yes! I know just what you mean and I am not near menopause. It just is so hard to deal with people who waste my time. I have so little any more and then someone goes and takes even that away. It takes all I have to be polite and I feel I don't even manage that some days.

I do feel better and can deal with it better if I take even 20 minutes to walk or do yoga in a quiet place.

Sorry you are feeling this way.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is there NO self tanning lotion/spray that won't turn me some crazy unnatural color... ?!?

I simply want to be able to wear a skirt in the summer without panty hose and not look like I just got back from a year in Antarctica.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1439057115|3912532 said:
Is there NO self tanning lotion/spray that won't turn me some crazy unnatural color... ?!?

I simply want to be able to wear a skirt in the summer without panty hose and not look like I just got back from a year in Antarctica.

Dee*Jay I really love Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs Lotion http://www.sallyhansen.com/skin-body/airbrush-legs/airbrush-legs-lotion.. Gives a nice color and hides imperfections, too.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ2008|1439057887|3912535 said:

Dee*Jay I really love Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs Lotion http://www.sallyhansen.com/skin-body/airbrush-legs/airbrush-legs-lotion... Gives a nice color and hides imperfections, too.

CJ, this is one I haven't tried! (I now have five lotion type ones and a spray... :rolleyes: ). What color do you use? I'm VERY pale but I find the lightest versions of these things don't do much (if anything) but I don't want to go crazy with a "medium" and end up TOO dark.

Once I find a self tanner that works for me I am going to buy every container of I can get my hands on because I'm sure it will be immediately discontinued!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1439062746|3912543 said:
CJ2008|1439057887|3912535 said:

Dee*Jay I really love Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs Lotion http://www.sallyhansen.com/skin-body/airbrush-legs/airbrush-legs-lotion.... Gives a nice color and hides imperfections, too.

CJ, this is one I haven't tried! (I now have five lotion type ones and a spray... :rolleyes: ). What color do you use? I'm VERY pale but I find the lightest versions of these things don't do much (if anything) but I don't want to go crazy with a "medium" and end up TOO dark.

Once I find a self tanner that works for me I am going to buy every container of I can get my hands on because I'm sure it will be immediately discontinued!

I am very fair too - I own both the Light/Clair and the Medium - the Light/Clair is perfect as far as the most natural looking. And I *do* feel that it does "something" so at least I don't look so pale. The Medium is definitely too dark on its own especially because I don't tan so my upper body is white - but sometimes - depending on time of year, etc., I'll mix a tiny tiny bit of the Medium with the Light/Clair and it looks nice.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two words: Donald Trump

(Not a political post; I"m seeing red because of his ludicrous efforts to portray himself as a victim, his vile invective and dismissive pot-shots/insults aimed at non-candidates)

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
MollyMalone|1439075400|3912601 said:
Two words: Donald Trump

(Not a political post; I"m seeing red because of his ludicrous efforts to portray himself as a victim, his vile invective and dismissive pot-shots/insults aimed at non-candidates)

He's a classless twit. He may be rich, but he's a classless twit. I sincerely hope his daughter takes him back to the woodshed and schools him on how to talk about women.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
drive by whine: I had that laser peel a couple few weeks ago and OMG is my face breaking out. It feels *heavy* actually and isn't a nice feeling. SO many cystic spots right now, it's just completely aggravating. I go again the 25th and I hope this is an anomaly and my skin will start looking nice at some point. It's pretty gross.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1439155476|3912795 said:
drive by whine: I had that laser peel a couple few weeks ago and OMG is my face breaking out. It feels *heavy* actually and isn't a nice feeling. SO many cystic spots right now, it's just completely aggravating. I go again the 25th and I hope this is an anomaly and my skin will start looking nice at some point. It's pretty gross.
Are you feeling any better? If not, maybe you can call the Dr's office and have them get you in early to laser your face and put a halt to the breakout?

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ok, to preface... I have the type of mind that instantly and uncontrollably puts a person's words into an image inside of my head. So, if you tell me a story, I have a full on vivid picture scenario going on up there! I kind of figured that everyone is like this, but after surveying quite a few people, I have learned that isn't the truth.

So, now remember...seriously graphic mind... even small phrases will bring up a graphic image.

For this reason, I HATE it when people joke about their sex lives! Seriously people, can you keep it to yourselves? I do NOT want to picture you people doin it!

Sigh.

Thank you.

I know I sound like a perv, but it isn't like that. If you were to tell me a story about making a pot of spaghetti sauce, I would be imagining every detail of that story too!

:sun:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results