shape
carat
color
clarity

My 9 stone engagement ring is in!

773dianeb

Rough_Rock
I have been a lurker for several months and have garnered unbelievable knowledge and information from all of you wonderful PS'ers. My fiancé proposed on July 2nd and gave me an old-fashioned key that said "New Beginnings" on it as my temporary engagement ring. :love: I had hinted that I was doing my research and knew exactly what I wanted for my engagement ring. He knows how I like to do extensive research on anything that I purchase so I shared my folder on my laptop and I think he was flabbergasted as to how many pictures, price templates and information that I had saved.

We were ready to pull the trigger with a PS vendor and just to do one final check, we went to Jewelers Row in Chicago. I found a place with excellent Yelp reviews. I don't think I can mention their name here and that is fine. I went today for a final size and design check and it is gorgeous. I provided pictures and specs of exactly what I wanted and it is just that.

It is a 2.88 ct with 9-0.32 pt F color/SI1 stones in platinum setting. I can't believe how heavy it is, that will take some getting used to. The jeweler took some quick pics with my phone so I have attached one. The pic also includes my 2.5mm platinum wedding band.

I always knew that I wanted a diamond band instead of a solitaire so I'm extremely happy with my choice. I was married many moons ago and had a solitaire marquis diamond and felt that I was always banging it on something. It was set high though.

Attachments

• photo.pdf
    44.7 KB · Views: 299

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
What a fantastic wedding set! Your 9 stone e-ring is just perfect! It looks absolutely gorgeous on you. :love: :love: :love:

I attached the picture so that others could see it without having to click on the link. I am not sure how to edit the image so that it shows up more clearly.

screen_shot_2015-07-28_at_7.png

773dianeb

Rough_Rock
Thanks Crystal24. I was not sure how to upload. The picture is all I have for now. i will post more this weekend.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! It looks beautiful on! Congrats! :appl:

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely perfect. I've always loved the look of a diamond band with a solid band.

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
lovely :appl:
I don't think there is anything wrong w/ mentioning a jeweler's name.

I think it is great, you are an informed customer and the creating a ring process went smoothly for you.
Congratulations on your engagement & what a nice story. I love how your fiancé knows you and knows that you wanted to be involved in the ring choosing process.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement, and bringing the ring of your dreams into being!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous!! Congrats!

Tell us, who is the jeweler? I would love to know!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
I can't wait to see more photos! I keep coming back to admire your lovely ring. :appl:

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
773dianeb|1438121049|3908491 said:
I don't think I can mention their name here and that is fine.

Lovely! I also thought about getting a diamond band instead of a solitaire--now I just have both. ;)) And of course you can mention the jeweler's name!! People in Chicago may find it helpful. :wavey:

773dianeb

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone. I just tracked in via FedEx and it has been delivered to my fiancé. Two more days until I get to wear it. I'm beside myself with excitement.

Pricescope has been a valuable tool in helping me decide what it is I wanted, the size of the stones for my fat finger, and the look that I desired. I found so many great pictures of others rings that were my inspiration. I just love the simplicity of the band of diamonds with a simple wedding band.

My ring was made by RL Jewelers in Jewelers Row on Wabash Street in Chicago. They were wonderful to deal with. So easy going and accommodating. There are many vendors on Jewelers row and from what I have read, some are not so great. Raymond and Jason were fabulous. It took 2-1/2 weeks, from our initial meeting with them, for the final product to be completed.

I will post more pics over the weekend.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! May I ask what size finger you have?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning band. It looks gorgeous on you, especially with the polished band :love:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, 773dianeb!

I love your ring and it looks fabulous paired with your plain band! Could you post a profile shot (both on and off your finger pls!) so we can see how low it sits? It looks as though it sits very low - which I really like, so I'd like to see what style of setting it is.

Great choice - love it!

773dianeb

Rough_Rock
My very large, fat finger is a 11.25 but we made the ring 11.75 because of the width of the ring which is 4mm where the diamonds are and it tapers at the bottom. I was so embarrassed when my fiance's ring size was determined at 9.75. I am 6' tall so that justifies a bit, but still, not so feminine hands for sure. :wink2: He loves my hands so that's all that matters to me.

Mrs Blop, I promise to post tons of pictures once I receive the ring. Can't wait. It does sit very low and the prongs do not stick out which is what I wanted. The jeweler even filed down the prongs just slightly on each end so it didn't bother my other fingers. I wanted to make sure it was very comfortable which I'm thinking it will be. It is a common prong setting (similar to the Bluenile Classic setting) which was my inspiration for the design. I liked the roundness of the setting. I didn't want anything that looked linear or hard lines if that makes sense.

pinkgem2522

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! Its gorgeous!!! :love: :love:

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
:clap: Excellent job!The e-ring looks great on your finger!!!

773dianeb

Rough_Rock
Thanks pinkgem2522 and purplesilk. He just texted me and he is on his way to Chicago. Yippee!!! I'm so excited. :dance:

773dianeb

Rough_Rock
Re: My 9 stone engagement ring is in! (new pics)

Here are some new pics. I'm taking with my Iphone so quality is not so great. I lOVE my new ring. It is so comfortable and beautiful. The platinum is heavier than I thought but I'll learn to live with it! :cheeky:

photo_1159.jpg

photo_3_1_4.jpg

photo_2_1_5.jpg

photo_1_3_1.jpg

773dianeb

Rough_Rock
A few more...

_32937.jpg

photo_2_2_8.jpg

photo_6_7.jpg

photo_2_17.jpg

773dianeb

Rough_Rock
With my 2.5mm platinum wedding band and a pic of my fiances' band.

photo_9_5.jpg

photo_11_7.jpg

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Congratulations! :clap:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE your ring!!! :love: I love how it's set low, it hugs your finger perfectly and looks so elegant and classic! Really gorgeous! Congrats and enjoy it! :appl:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely 9 stone!!! :love: :love: It looks beautiful on your hands!! congrats!!

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
I love the diamond coverage and how beautiful the engagement ring looks on your hand. Congrats on engagement too! :appl:

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous! Beautiful and classic! Thank you for posting more photos. Congratulations again! :appl:

773dianeb

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for the very kind words. I love it. It is rubbing just a tiny bit on my pinky finger so hopefully I will get used to it soon. It's the last set of prongs rubbing, especially when I'm typing on my laptop. Other then that, I can't stop staring at it, especially when I'm in different lighting. The elevator, the sun, just about anywhere. :lol:

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! Looks beautiful on you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results