shape
carat
color
clarity

Thin rose gold pave wedding band -- cast vs. hand forged?

SN403

Rough_Rock
Hi -- I've read some of the posts on the general pros and cons of cast vs. hand forged. It sounds like much of the answer depends on the type of ring or setting. I was wondering what people thought would be best for a thin, rose gold pave setting. We were thinking as thin as 1.6-1.7mm, with the pave 3/4 around the ring.

Mrs2Ouch

Rough_Rock
Re: Thin rose gold pave wedding band -- cast vs. hand forged

I would personally do hand forged at that width. I am pretty sure I read many times that is stronger. Brian Gavin wouldn't do thinner than my just-short-of 2mm rose gold pave ring, they said it would be too fragile. I do have to say the ring ended up exactly as thin as I wanted, I thought I wanted thinner but what they made was really what I wanted. I never saw these thin bands in person to see exactly how thin they are.

SN403

Rough_Rock

Thanks for the perspective! Any other thoughts?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HI:

From you other post I read you had your ER ring made at JE and are happy. What did they suggest?

cheers--Sharon

SN403

Rough_Rock

They are getting quotes on both for me -- they didn't push strongly one way or the other, though said hand forged was more durable. In the width we like the most, for pave around 3/4 (as opposed to 2/3), they only have a hand forged option. For slightly different bands (slightly wider, narrower, or 2/3) they had cast options. So I'm wondering if I should look a little more for cast options in the specs we want.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results