carat
color
clarity

Let's talk branded pieces...Yssie, DS, and all other fans

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Let's talk branded pieces...Yssie, DS, and all other fan

I really like the onyx amulette better on you, LLJ! :))

Here are the gold frivole earclips on Zhang Ziyi which look fabulous on her:

http://misreinasdelkungfu.galeon.com/galery0.htm

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

These frivole earclips are beautiful, vibrant, joyous. That is the feeling I get when I look at it.

_32813.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

Boom

Shiny_Rock

Late to the thread but VCA fan for a few years here! Love seeing all the modelling pics here.

My first purchases were on the same trip in London and Paris (before the big increase!). Custom making jewellery is nerve wrecking for me, especially since I don't live in the US and returning anything for tweaking is a hassle. Buying branded pieces is fun because I can touch and try on the final product before making a purchase and know exactly how it would look on me.

So my first piece was the Lotus BTF ring. It was between this and the Butterfly BTF ring and the Lotus won out. It is incredibly sparkly and the workmanship is impeccable but honestly not very wearable, at least not with my lifestyle. Still I love looking at it and don't regret the purchase.
image00067.jpg

The MOP Alhambra necklace (2x10) that I bought at Place Vendome is my most worn piece. Totally love it.
image00069.jpg

Next came the Limited Edition letterwood necklace (2x10) and the Alhambra bracelets in MOP and Turquoise.
image00071.jpg
image00072.jpg

The pave Frivole earrings and pendant were next. I put them on when I want to dress up a little bit.
image00070.jpg

Then finally this year, I bought the diamond Perlee bangle in WG. It's surprisingly wearable when I never really liked bangles and bracelets before. I use the MOP bracelet as an extender and the Turquoise one has never been worn.
image00068.jpg

My collection plus DD's single motif MOP pendant and sweet MOP butterfly bracelet.
image00066.jpg

I've really enjoyed looking at everyone's beautiful pieces. The problem is that they look so good in the modeling pics, I start wanting them as well but I really need to wear/use what I have more before I make another purchase...

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ooooooooh, what an amazing collection you have there! You must post some "in action" pics, would love to see the Frivole set on especially. Have the MOP pieces been easy to look after? I'm considering the single Alhambra pendant as my starter piece.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

What an enviable collection, Boom! :love: I love the variety of pieces you have there--so what VCA pieces do you have left on your wishlist?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HI:

Gorgeous stuff ladies! WOWohWOW! :love:

cheers--Sharon

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Boom... :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

I was reading on my phone right before I got into the car. I read that the Lotus BTF ring was your first piece... and I knew I'd best put the phone away until I had lots of time to read whatever came next :bigsmile:

I adore this ring. I will never own this ring, because my lifestyle is such that I would truly never wear it, but my goodness, I adore it and would love to see it "in action"!! It is, to be honest, by far my favourite VCA BTF style - and probably my favourite VCA ring style :love: Please post some modelling pics, if you have any to share!

You mentioned you use your MOP five-motif as an extender - how often do you wear the necklace as 10, 20, and 25-motifs?

The LE Letterwood is gorgeous... How much wear do these beauties get? ::) And the turquoise is so bright - I can't believe it's never been worn!! I love that your DD has a couple of pieces, too :bigsmile:

The more I look at the clover Perlee the more I like it, and the more I want it. I can see myself actually wearing it... maybe one day! ::) Can I ask how long you've had it and how you feel the metal/plating has held up? Do you wear it stacked with other bracelets, or a watch? I'd most likely go with YG - I love the look, and I don't wear a lot of RG and my skin dissolves rhodium.

ETA: And like m2b I'd love to know what else might be on your wishlist :sun:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh my gosh, Boom! What a gorgeous collection!!! I think I need your turquoise bracelet since you haven't worn it! ;)) :love:

VCA owners, please post your pics on this thread (or I will try to do it at some point):

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-van-cleef-and-arpels-jewelry.214306/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-van-cleef-and-arpels-jewelry.214306/[/URL]

I also love the Frivole earrings!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium

So, I have seen this piece for sale on eBay:

I live hundreds of miles from the nearest VCA boutique (although I have been in Milan over the summer and realised too late we were only a couple of blocks from the Via Montenapoleone store, aaaargh!). Any purchase I make will likely be online. The photos here seem to show a bit of "texture" to the MOP which I haven't seen in other shots. Is there a lot of variety between pieces? I had sort of assumed the MOP would be flat. It slightly worries me that I won't have any choice if I buy from the VCA website.

_33074.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MOP absolutely will vary piece to piece. I would not consider second hand unless there is a return policy and significant discount. I also would not have a problem asking VCA to take a phone picture and sending it to me before sending a pendant. Maybe call and order from a VCA store instead of the website.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Snowdrop :wavey:

As DS says MOP definitely varies from piece to piece!! An SA to told me that VCA specifically prefers whiter, less iridescent "white" MOP (and the opposite for grey MOP), but I know I definitely like seeing more colour than less :love:

Re. the picture - I know exactly what you are talking about re. the ridging, and can assure you that it's just the photography :)) MOP is... odd - it's got this opalescent irridescence that very often has clear directionality. The surface of the stone itself is completely flat and glossy, but in that photo it looks "sheened" and ridged - which surface you see in photos depends entirely on whether the light reflects off the glossy, flat, smooth exterior surface (usually when photographed at a shallower angle) or whether it goes in deeper and the MOP starts toying with it ::) I've taken photos exactly like that of my own MOP.

Long story short - I don't know nearly enough to help you authenticate, etc. (TPF is a great resource, but in general I'd recommend being very wary of popular VCA lines on eBay) but I'm confident I can answer your question about the surface (assuming it's authentic!). One thing to note is that the stones are softer than many other coloured stones and can be damaged, and the damage can be really hard to see in photos thanks to the many layers of surfaces all playing with light in different ways - so definitely only buy preloved with an ironclad return policy.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

m-2-b|1438031974|3908084 said:
I've also been looking at the VCA lotus/frivole pendants/ear clips which are quite popular on TPF. Any opinions out there on these particular styles?

I have the small yG Frivole earrings and absolutely adore them. But for me, they are not everyday earrings, perhaps because I am used to wearing my smaller 1.9ctw studs. I posted some pics earlier in this thread if you want an idea
Of how they look on.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Boom|1438234509|3908930 said:
Late to the thread but VCA fan for a few years here! Love seeing all the modelling pics here.

My first purchases were on the same trip in London and Paris (before the big increase!). Custom making jewellery is nerve wrecking for me, especially since I don't live in the US and returning anything for tweaking is a hassle. Buying branded pieces is fun because I can touch and try on the final product before making a purchase and know exactly how it would look on me.

So my first piece was the Lotus BTF ring. It was between this and the Butterfly BTF ring and the Lotus won out. It is incredibly sparkly and the workmanship is impeccable but honestly not very wearable, at least not with my lifestyle. Still I love looking at it and don't regret the purchase. he MOP Alhambra necklace (2x10) that I bext came the Limited Edition letterwood necklace

The pave Frivole earrings and pendant were next. I put them on when I want to dress up a little bit.

Then finally this year, I bought the diamond Perlee bangle in WG. It's surprisingly wearable when I never really liked bangles and bracelets before. I use the MOP bracelet as an extender and the Turquoise one has never been worn.

My collection plus DD's single motif MOP pendant and sweet MOP butterfly bracelet.

I've really enjoyed looking at everyone's beautiful pieces. The problem is that they look so good in the modeling pics, I start wanting them as well but I really need to wear/use what I have more before I make another purchase...

Holy crap!!! Your collection is amazing! LOVE IT!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

kama_s|1438988791|3912338 said:
m-2-b|1438031974|3908084 said:
I've also been looking at the VCA lotus/frivole pendants/ear clips which are quite popular on TPF. Any opinions out there on these particular styles?

I have the small yG Frivole earrings and absolutely adore them. But for me, they are not everyday earrings, perhaps because I am used to wearing my smaller 1.9ctw studs. I posted some pics earlier in this thread if you want an idea
Of how they look on.
Y'know, I think this is probably me, too. Undecorated studs - regardless of size - seem more casual to me than any sort of "decorative" earrings with patterns or motifs or symbols, or dangles... The Frivole ear clips are gorgeous and I want to copy yours!! But I don't think they'd be everyday earrings for me, either.

My other half will probably package me up and ship me away if I tell him I want more earrings, though :bigsmile:

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock

Diamondseeker, You are very kind! I'm not very organized just now but I am planning on a second Cartier piece. I'll post pictures of it and my ring when I get the new piece. It might not be until my next birthday in a year but I'll still be here. :saint:

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium

DS- you know, I hadn't even thought of ordering direct from a store, that is a very good suggestion! There's nothing to stop me calling up the London boutique to ask for help and advice, I think I have been allowing myself to be a tiny bit intimidated by the famous VCA name....

Yssie- that is very reassuring information, I have some pearls (Freshadamas) which have a beautiful (flat) sheen, I think I am forgetting that MOP is a different material altogether!

Interestingly, the eBay listing is ended now- I did feel the price was too close to retail to consider. Buying new definitely looks to be the safest option.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh dear lord.

Someone stop me from buying all these pieces and posing them exactly like this...
And I can't even wear necklaces.

pennyd2911.jpg
Photo - PennyD2911 on TPF

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LLJ, Kama, m2b, DS, anyone with an opinion :bigsmile: ... talk to me about the Perlee bracelet? I'm considering it (the plain Signature, not the clover, sadly!!) - earlier than I'd ideally like, but I'm hesitant to wait too long - I know VCA will be revealing some new collections in Autumn and I'm reasonably confident they will be accompanied by a price hike ;(

YG or RG?
- Most of my collection is yellow or white - I have very few RG pieces. On the one hand a RG Perlee would fill a niche... and I :love: VCA's RG... on the other it wouldn't match anything else. And I already have a RG bangle with a stone that a dear friend gave me - so in retrospect I'd always choose that over the Perlee, if reaching for RG...
- But I already have several traditional Indian 22k YG bangles that I never wear, so isn't it wasteful to buy yet another YG bangle?

Kama, you mentioned every time you walked in to buy this piece you walked out with something else. Can I ask why? Just not feeling the style in-person? Something else WOWed you at the time, but you're still considering it? You've decided against it altogether?

LLJ, m2b - I'm going to have to go to VCA to try on some sizes. I really wish they had something in between 15cm and 17.5cm! LOVEs come in 16, 17, 18... and Cartier and VCA are owned by the same parent... humbug!! I've never worn an oval bangle (not for more than a few minutes, trying them on) - do you find that oval bangles (or cuffs!) fit more comfortably after several hours than round bangles? Do they turn/"flip" at all? And... I know sizing is a very personal preference, but would you recommend erring slightly larger or smaller than a "true fit" for longevity?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yssie, I have tried the perlee in the smallest size and the shape of the oval fits me really well. the shape of the oval fits better than the full LOVE. THE raised beading kinda protects the middle from being scratched. I just didn't go for it cause the style is a little feminine for me. It is quite beautiful! I love that you can take it off everyday without issue. I personally would get way more wear from it than an Alhambra bracelet or earrings. I will look for a picture I took.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I remember feeling that it fit quite snug, and I have a 13 cm wrist. No joke!!

This is the smallest size in rose gold.

It was very comfortable.

_33229.jpg

_33230.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The love cuff is actually very comfy. I forget I have it on. I almost slept with it.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yssie|1439440401|3913970 said:
LLJ, Kama, m2b, DS, anyone with an opinion :bigsmile: ... talk to me about the Perlee bracelet? I'm considering it (the plain Signature, not the clover, sadly!!) - earlier than I'd ideally like, but I'm hesitant to wait too long - I know VCA will be revealing some new collections in Autumn and I'm reasonably confident they will be accompanied by a price hike ;(

YG or RG?
- Most of my collection is yellow or white - I have very few RG pieces. On the one hand a RG Perlee would fill a niche... and I :love: VCA's RG... on the other it wouldn't match anything else. And I already have a RG bangle with a stone that a dear friend gave me - so in retrospect I'd always choose that over the Perlee, if reaching for RG...
- But I already have several traditional Indian 22k YG bangles that I never wear, so isn't it wasteful to buy yet another YG bangle?

Kama, you mentioned every time you walked in to buy this piece you walked out with something else. Can I ask why? Just not feeling the style in-person? Something else WOWed you at the time, but you're still considering it? You've decided against it altogether?

LLJ, m2b - I'm going to have to go to VCA to try on some sizes. I really wish they had something in between 15cm and 17.5cm! LOVEs come in 16, 17, 18... and Cartier and VCA are owned by the same parent... humbug!! I've never worn an oval bangle (not for more than a few minutes, trying them on) - do you find that oval bangles (or cuffs!) fit more comfortably after several hours than round bangles? Do they turn/"flip" at all? And... I know sizing is a very personal preference, but would you recommend erring slightly larger or smaller than a "true fit" for longevity?

Yssie, the rg Perlee is gorgeous. VCA's yg is not anywhere close to Indian 22k yg! I, too, have Indian jewelry gifted down to me from my family and it will sit in my safe unworn! VCA's version is a very soft, muted yellow.

I truly love the simple, yet classic feminine design of the bracelet. It appeals to my senses entirely. The beads are great, because the inner bangle doesn't get scratched up. I even love the whimsical brand name engraved on the bangle. I am just not a fan of oval shaped bracelets. I like my arm jewelry loose so it can move freely on my arm, and this shape doesn't allow for that. That said, the oval shape does allow the bangle to stay put on your wrist without twisting etc. If the perlee was slightly more rounded, I would buy it in a heartbeat. I just don't want this to sit in my safe unworn like my oval shaped shared-prong 2ct bangle...

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yssie--My Love cuff is very comfy to wear and it does not forcibly flip b/c it is oval shaped. I happen to like my bracelets/bangles loose, so I usually size up. I would love to have a Perlee bracelet in WG myself! :love: :cheeky:

Kama--Thanks for the reminder of your pic on the Frivole earrings in YG. They look fabulous on you! :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yssie, I love the Perlee bangle! If you are in between sizes, definitely go up! As to metals, they are all incredibly beautiful. I think with your skin tone, you could wear all of them well. So it is really a matter of figuring out which color you'd get the most wear from as well as considering if there are other bracelets on your wish list. I really thought their rose gold was gorgeous, but I am not sure I'd do that if you rarely wear rg and already have one rg bracelet. On the other hand, you could get a rg pendant or something to have more occasions to wear rg!

I prefer the Perlee over the Love, but I vastly prefer the oval Love cuff over the regular Love because of the oval shape and that you can take it on and off and keep it in nice condition.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HI:

Any Buccellati fans here? A few of their gold bangles and lacy style rings are very enticing! :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

canuk-gal|1439650713|3914855 said:
HI:

Any Buccellati fans here? A few of their gold bangles and lacy style rings are very enticing! :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

Gorgeous and very $$$$$$$! I think Deb (AGBF) has a couple of things.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you so much for your thoughts LLJ, Kama, m2b, DS! :bigsmile:

I went to try the Perlee bracelets on last weekend. I absolutely LOVE them!! The oval shape felt very comfortable and fit my forearm very well, which I found quite surprising, to be honest - I think I actually prefer the fit over round bangles. And sizing, which I've spent entirely too long contemplating these last couple of weeks, turned out to be a no-brainer: the Small fit me perfectly in a perfectly "fitted" way and I definitely want more movement. The Medium is a bit too large, but I'm with you DS - I would much rather err larger!

The one thing I did have a really hard time with is colour. Choosing between RG and YG... Kama - I, like you, find the RG... enchanting ::) it's soft and sweet and every bit as feminine and pretty as you'd expect from something with "pearled" in the name :love: on the other hand the YG is creamy sunshine, far less bold than my 22k bangles - which is a good thing as the more muted colour much better suits the design, I think! Both are just... beautiful pieces, and I know I would be thrilled with either!

So, in classic J fashion... I'm going with YG so it matches my other few VCA pieces (hah, yup, that really *is* the decision-maker - I loved both equally!!). I'll collect it when I see my parents next - I can't wait!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

So excited for you, Yssie! :appl: Love all of your new pieces! Please post pics soon! :cheeky:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results