shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion please, is GIA 35 CA 40.6 PA a safe combination

babydoll_mini

Shiny_Rock
Hello there, need your help again. I know pricescope doesn't encourage buying stones sight unseen, or without IS/ASET, but unfortunately our local vendor is just not able to provide more info (but price is really good)... here is the stone I'm considering, do you see any possible pitfall it could possibly have? thank you very much!!

Measurements
7.47 - 7.48 x 4.57 mm
Carat Weight
1.57 carat
Color Grade
H
Clarity Grade
VS1
Cut Grade
Excellent

proportions
Depth
61.1 %
Table
57 %
Crown Angle
35.0°
Crown Height
15.0%
Pavilion Angle
40.6°
Pavilion Depth
42.5%
Star Length
50%
Lower Half
75%
Girdle
Medium to Slightly Thick, Faceted, 3.5%
Culet
None

_32822.jpg

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The numbers look great! It has very nice proportions, I hope it's absolutely gorgeous!

Just make sure there's a solid return policy since you're buying sight unseen and with no performance images to help you. Also, I would verify it's eye clean and that on the report is does not say "clarity based on clouds not shown."

Good luck!

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The numbers look good on th a HCA, it looks to be a lovely diamond. Hopefully your prices is good as well.

solgen

Brilliant_Rock
VS1 should be eye clean especially if it's rated by GIA. And given the proportions it looks like it is since GIA likes to round certain measurements. It should be a very nice stone. Do you mind stating how much it is?

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
solgen said:
VS1 should be eye clean especially if it's rated by GIA. And given the proportions it looks like it is since GIA likes to round certain measurements. It should be a very nice stone. Do you mind stating how much it is?

My mistake, I thought it was an SI1! Yes, no need to worry about a VS1 being eye clean. :sun:

pfunk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That'll be a beauty. Looks very well cut to me. I bet you'll love it!

babydoll_mini

Shiny_Rock
thank you guys for nice comments. I forgot to mention, the vendor has no return policy, as he orders in the stone for me and i suppose he cannot return it himself. :(sad

My only concern, is that I heard 40.6 is relatively shallower pavilion angle, and will that result in extra obstruction or anything?

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The PA is still within the ideal range and I wouldn't worry too much about it. GIA does round their numbers, so be aware of that.

Is there any reason you're going with this vendor? No return policy or no inspection period is unusual. I would never ever buy something this expensive with no return policy especially since you're buying sight unseen. What happens if you don't like it??? I'm being totally serious! Do you sell it at a loss and buy another one? Just keep it and live with it? You can go with another preferred vendor who does have a return policy and have them source the same stone for you.

Good luck to you!

Edit: P.S. You said the vendor isn't able to provide more info on the stone and that the price is really good. All that combined with No Return Policy is a red flag. Just be careful!

babydoll_mini

Shiny_Rock
Just checked the price with vendor, it is 12000 for this one.

babydoll_mini

Shiny_Rock
because I'm in China, and consumers here believe diamonds look just the same if they are same in 4C :)

all the local vendors here provide similar level of service and return policies :(

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a shame you have no return policy, but this diamond does look great!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you purchase a diamond online? If you've been lurking on PS, you may know there are some very reputable, trusted, and high quality online diamond vendors.

pfunk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I personally have ZERO reason to believe that the cut on that diamond will be cause for concern leading to a return. There are things other than cut that could certainly come into play that would be problematic, but it seems unlikely. Does it have fluorescence?

I personally wouldn't feel comfortable with a no return policy in place, but that is just me. In reality though, I think that stone is likely low risk, though no one can say for sure without seeing it. Comes down to trust in your vendor.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pfunk said:
I personally have ZERO reason to believe that the cut on that diamond will be cause for concern leading to a return. There are things other than cut that could certainly come into play that would be problematic, but it seems unlikely. Does it have fluorescence?

I personally wouldn't feel comfortable with a no return policy in place, but that is just me. In reality though, I think that stone is likely low risk, though no one can say for sure without seeing it. Comes down to trust in your vendor.

Agree that there are other factors that could be in play. How old is the diamond and is it pre-loved? Fluorescence? It's just a lot of money to spend with no possibility of getting it back should something be amiss or not to your liking. As far as angles go, they are really great so I don't thing that's a concern.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
babydoll_mini|1438334494|3909350 said:
RMB??..
:devil:

babydoll_mini

Shiny_Rock
Dancing Fire|1438416690|3909694 said:
babydoll_mini|1438334494|3909350 said:
RMB??..
:devil:

hahahahaha, i wish... it is 12000usd of course

babydoll_mini

Shiny_Rock
JDDN|1438385890|3909587 said:
pfunk said:

Agree that there are other factors that could be in play. How old is the diamond and is it pre-loved? Fluorescence? It's just a lot of money to spend with no possibility of getting it back should something be amiss or not to your liking. As far as angles go, they are really great so I don't thing that's a concern.

It is no fluor, new certificate (6/15/2015).

Or...i can just give up my down payment, which is 5000 rmb if I don't like it after I seeing it :wall:

babydoll_mini

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone for your reply! Pricescope is just a great great community!

I started my search with a very very rigid criteria, which even includes 34.5CA, 40.8PA, thin-med girdle, 80% lgf, but I ends up with nothing...I went over more than 500 diamonds that falls in G/H vs1/vs2 1.5-1.8 range in recent 3 weeks, and this is the best one I can find locally. It is 35 + 40.6, med-slight thick, 75% lgf...Do you think I should just go with this one, or keep looking?

When I enter it into AGA_NAJA_Cut_Class_Grader, its pavilion height (42.5%) result in a 1B grade, and overall 1B as well. Will this bother you, or should I be concerned?

Another thing is in the actually picture, the area around the culet looks a little bit darker than usually, do you see the same? or am i just over-analysing :p

Sorry, a lot of questions, thank you every one so much again!

babydoll_mini

Shiny_Rock
babydoll_mini|1438437240|3909734 said:
Thank you everyone for your reply! Pricescope is just a great great community!

I started my search with a very very rigid criteria, which even includes 34.5CA, 40.8PA, thin-med girdle, 80% lgf, but I ends up with nothing...I went over more than 500 diamonds that falls in G/H vs1/vs2 1.5-1.8 range in recent 3 weeks, and this is the best one I can find locally. It is 35 + 40.6, med-slight thick, 75% lgf...Do you think I should just go with this one, or keep looking?

When I enter it into AGA_NAJA_Cut_Class_Grader, its pavilion height (42.5%) result in a 1B grade, and overall 1B as well. Will this bother you, or should I be concerned?

Another thing is in the actually picture, the area around the culet looks a little bit darker than usually, do you see the same? or am i just over-analysing :p

Sorry, a lot of questions, thank you every one so much again!

Hi, could anyone help advise on the "darker culet area" please? thank you!!

pfunk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It looks normal to me. I don't see anything that worries me in the image. Looks like a fine cut.

solgen

Brilliant_Rock
It appearing darker under the culet could just be the way it was photographed. It's a very well cut diamond and should perform well. If you want one that scores well by various cut grade tool analyzers then look for a 34.0-34.5 crown. Will you notice a difference though, most likely no.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results