shape
carat
color
clarity

Paraiba Cab Fever... thanks to Acinom!

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Hello CS PSers!

This is my first post over here and I wanted to share my excitement with fellow CS enthusiasts. Because of Acinom's latest paraiba cab ring, I started my search for a cab. It is what I can afford for the size and seeing it on her thread was sooo dreamy! So I read a ton of posts here and then ended up contacting Paraiba International to keep an eye out for a sugar loaf cab that was at least 2 carats (I was wanting 2-3 carat size range). I ended up getting a response from Adam. He told me that he would look out for one on his next overseas trip. Well, I decided to peruse his website after my initial contact to give him a better idea of the color that I wanted. As beautiful as the windex blue paraibas are, I have decided that I like some green in my dream stone. He responded by saying it would be tough to find a stone with my specifications, but he would do his best to help me out. Well, he suggested that I consider the one with the coloring that I liked and we emailed back and forth for a while. I ended up deciding to purchase this stone to see it in person and if I love it, then I would have my stone. :) I only hesitated because I had wanted a slightly larger sized cab and a sugar loaf shape. If this doesn't work out, then I will keep searching.

Here is a hand pic that Adam sent me of the oval cab that I should be getting today. :) It is 1.43 carats, SI clarity and heat treatment only from Paraiba, Brazil.

paraiba_oval_cab.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
It's beautiful, congratulations! Please share photos when it arrives.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Cool cab, do you have any design ideas for it?

S

SparkliesLuver

I noticed this one on his site as well. :appl: It looks to have great color and a little glow from within. Can't wait to see your pictures and hear what you think!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Waah! Had to smile when I saw the name of your post :lol:
Based on this photo I love the cab you have chosen! Beautiful colouring and there seems to be a nice glow.
I hope you love it when you see it in real life.

Do you have the glamour pic and stills from the video? Adam can provide you the link again I am sure.
Looking forward to see your pics.

S

SparkliesLuver

Let me know if you don't, _lovesvintage_, because I do. ;-)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Paraiba fever is right! It seems like everyone is getting beautiful stones, and from the photos, yours looks to be in the beautiful camp as well!

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone for your replies and interest!

ricezo said:
It's beautiful, congratulations! Please share photos when it arrives.
I definitely will, even though I do not own a nice camera, just my camera phone.

Lovinggems said:
Cool cab, do you have any design ideas for it?
Not yet. It definitely will be a ring since that is the kind of gal I am...gotta enjoy seeing my lovelies and all of their personalities. I will figure it out more if I keep it and to see its actual size in person. Any suggestions are welcomed. :)

SparkliesLuver said:
I noticed this one on his site as well. :appl: It looks to have great color and a little glow from within. Can't wait to see your pictures and hear what you think!
Tracking says it is on the truck and out for delivery!!! I just kept coming back to it and it would not leave me alone, so I took the plunge. Besides, Adam was telling me nice cabs with this saturation of color for its size are hard to come by, especially in a sugar loaf shape. He said this color/saturation is usually seen in 3+ carat ranges if he can get one. Also, he says that the cabs are cut to yield the largest size/shape possible based off of the rough. I will be sure to let you know if I don't, but I have a feeling that I will. Congrats on your stone and ring project. I will follow your progress too.

Acinom said:
Waah! Had to smile when I saw the name of your post :lol:
Based on this photo I love the cab you have chosen! Beautiful colouring and there seems to be a nice glow.
I hope you love it when you see it in real life.

Do you have the glamour pic and stills from the video? Adam can provide you the link again I am sure.
Looking forward to see your pics.
Hi Acinom! Thought you would like the title. :) I wanted a paraiba and only knew about faceted ones. It was always just a dream stone because costwise for the size I would want I didn't think I could make it happen, so seeing yours was definitely the push I needed to seriously consider it as I didn't know they came in cabs. I love cabs too. I had actually saved the web page, so I will post it below, which was a stroke of luck because I did not know that it gets taken off their website once it is sold.

minousbijoux said:
Paraiba fever is right! It seems like everyone is getting beautiful stones, and from the photos, yours looks to be in the beautiful camp as well!
I am so glad to hear this from you too b/c I consider you to be one of the experts here for colored stones.

Ok, here are the rest of the pics that Adam sent me and the link to the web page.

http://www.paraibainternational.com/product_info.php?product=4636

_32361.jpg

paraiba3.jpg

paraiba5.jpg

S

SparkliesLuver

Excellent! Super exciting. :D Yeah, I hear you on the coming back to something several times before taking the plunge. Glad you listened to your gut. Plus, you never really know until you see it IRL. The saturation looks amazing, and I like the inclusions as they seem to add interest. Oh, thank you. :)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous photo's. I like :love: :love: :love:

Curious to see your pics. The photo on the website looks a bit different and so does the video. I have exactly the same experience with my stone.
These stones are hard to photograph as it really depends on the lighting.
I have the feeling your stone will also look amazing in real life

_32367.jpg

_32368.jpg

_32369.jpg

_32370.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is really beautiful! You just need to make sure when it arrives that its structurally sound if you plan on setting it. That is the only downside to all those wonderful inclusions.

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
SparkliesLuver said:
Excellent! Super exciting. :D Yeah, I hear you on the coming back to something several times before taking the plunge. Glad you listened to your gut. Plus, you never really know until you see it IRL. The saturation looks amazing, and I like the inclusions as they seem to add interest. Oh, thank you. :)
I couldn't pass up the saturation either for the size and budget. I am fine with the inclusions as well from what I can see from the photos and video. I am sooo glad I got it in time too b/c I see now that the sale is over. Adam never mentioned that to me...when the sale was to end.

Acinom: Thanks for adding the stills from the web page for me. You are so awesome and computer savy like that. Yes, it was a nice surprise to see all of the different moods of this stone as captured by Adam or whoever took the photos and video. Still awaiting delivery.

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
minousbijoux said:
It is really beautiful! You just need to make sure when it arrives that its structurally sound if you plan on setting it. That is the only downside to all those wonderful inclusions.
Any tips on that? I can't recall right now how to be sure from my readings. So as long as enough of them don't seem to run from end to end and are surface reaching? Is that what you mean?

S

SparkliesLuver

Yeah, I agree, especially with respect to the price of that one. I've noticed their sales don't last too long - maybe a week at most - so it's good you made a final decision when you did. Come on mail delivery person ... :naughty:

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
It's here!!! All I can say is wow so far. The inclusions don't bother me at all and the color is amazing!!! The color appears even to me, but can look blue or blue green. Or should I call it green blue? Anyway, enjoy the pics... this is a keeper for me. :) I want to wear it already, but the setting for this stone will have to wait until next year, at the earliest.

img_20150714_173336.jpg

img_20150714_173353.jpg

img_20150714_173436.jpg

img_20150714_173405.jpg

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
The first three of these pics somehow show blue and green patches, but definitely mostly green. Not exactly sure how I managed to do that.

img_20150714_160404.jpg

img_20150714_160312.jpg

img_20150714_160303.jpg

img_20150714_160522.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The OP's stone in the first post is the cab I was planning to purchase!

When it disappeared from PI's site, I was gutted.

Good to see it is going to a good home though.

DK :))

S

SparkliesLuver

Super excited for you (especially that it's a keeper)! :clap: I love its translucency, not to mention the color and glow. Outstanding purchase! :) Can't wait to see how you set it next year.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! So happy for you that it's as amazing in real life as well as in pics. Thanks for sharing your home made photo's. The color, gow and shape look amazing.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful. Any ideas on how to set it yet? (*cough*cough* rosegold*cough*)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful lovesvintage, such a gorgeous color! :love:

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
SparkliesLuver|1436894396|3902720 said:
My gut feelings has helped me out a lot, even on the job. :)

dk168 said:
The OP's stone in the first post is the cab I was planning to purchase!

When it disappeared from PI's site, I was gutted.

Good to see it is going to a good home though.

DK :))
Thank you dk168, sorry to have taken one you had your eyes on. I didn't know, of course. You definitely have many lovely colored stones and projects in the works! I hope you find another Paraiba cab soon.

SparkliesLuver said:
Super excited for you (especially that it's a keeper)! :clap: I love its translucency, not to mention the color and glow. Outstanding purchase! :) Can't wait to see how you set it next year.
Yes, the translucency, color, and glow are all that I had hope for. Thanks for your excitement about me setting it later on...definitely in gold for me...either yellow or rose gold. :)

Acinom said:
Congrats! So happy for you that it's as amazing in real life as well as in pics. Thanks for sharing your home made photo's. The color, glow and shape look amazing.
Thank you so much for knowing about Paraiba cabs and sharing your ring journeys like you do! This stone really amazes me and I agree with you about it being so hard to capture properly...what our eyes can see is different than what the camera captures...I don't always notice most of the inclusions like the camera does, just color. What I do notice is that some of them help to make the stone glow more inside at that spot, like mini brighter glow bubbles depending on the angle...so mini glow within a glow. Hope that makes sense. My search sure didn't take long. I guess some things are meant to be. :)

mochiko42 said:
It's beautiful. Any ideas on how to set it yet? (*cough*cough* rosegold*cough*)
Hi and thank you! OK, so one vote for rose gold so far...14K or higher?

junebug17 said:
It's beautiful lovesvintage, such a gorgeous color! :love:
:wavey: Thanks junebug17! The color is pretty out of this world!!! :)

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stone! Such a beautiful glowy color! Looking forward to seeing how this is eventually set. :appl:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is my loss and the OP's gain, and the OP has good taste, obviously!

DK :bigsmile:

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So pretty!

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Rockinruby said:
Gorgeous stone! Such a beautiful glowy color! Looking forward to seeing how this is eventually set. :appl:
Hello and thank you! I have decided to use either 20K rose or yellow gold and will probably seek out David Klass for this one. I keep seeing so many beautiful setting work from him on PS.

dk168 said:
It is my loss and the OP's gain, and the OP has good taste, obviously!

DK :bigsmile:
Again, sorry to have nabbed one you had your heart set on. I hope you continue to keep in contact with Adam to see what else he gets in stock.

caf said:
So pretty!
Thanks! I believe so too...it has its own cosmic universe!

Here is a pic to show off the inclusions better. I wanted to see how the cab looked next to my 20K gold ring that I had and just stuck it on the garnet out of curiosity.

img_20150716_122131.jpg

gemandjewelrylover

Shiny_Rock
Wow, a stunning cab! Congratulations, I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product, when you get it done.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, I love it paired with warm gold.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results