shape
carat
color
clarity

Hawaii vs New York prices?

luvely

Rough_Rock
I'm in New York and my boyfriend is stationed in Hawaii and he mentioned several months ago that he needed to start saving up for a ring. Being long distance and not having many opportunities to be in the same place I suggested we look at rings together in hawaii when I go to visit him in a couple of months.

He then said 'good because I was planning on getting a ring before you got here but I think New York would be cheaper.'

I wish he hadn't told me that lol since I wanted to be surprised for my proposal and to be honest id prefer he proposed in hawaii so we would have time to look at venues for the wedding ect.

However I do wonder though if anyone knows how true it is that diamond engagement rings would cost more in hawaii??

Any thoughts or experience in the matter please let me know-- thanks so much!!

zxexn01

Rough_Rock
Try searching around for jewelers/designers in Hawaii and compare it to the owns you research in NY. Maybe your boyfriend can go to one in Hawaii and you can visit one you found in New York. You can compare prices and then decide where you want to buy it. That's how my best friend did hers. Her boyfriend was stationed in Texas and she lived in New York. They both did there research and read reviews from different designers/jewelers in there area. Her boyfriend went to a few in Texas and she went to some in New York. She ended up going to a jeweler in diamond district and finding her ring. But for your situation just shop around both states and compare, you never know.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results