shape
carat
color
clarity

Need you thoughts

coffee

Rough_Rock
I own a large coffee shop. We are between collage housing and a couple of office towers. All most every week there is a planned proposal or 2 that the floor superior will help with. A lot of times there will be a proposals that surprise everyone.

My GF is the is the front of the house manager. Over the last few years I bet she has seen 400+ proposals. I hear about them all the time and she tells me all the time what the best proposal for her would be. Most of the time it's about different ways, but within our shop.

Yesterday we were at the mall and we were joking about engagement rings. She picked out a stile she wants and as a joke she got her fingered measured. I was able to drop the clerk a business card with text me on the back. Long store short I pick up the ring Friday morning.

*Thought is to get part of her family to come in witch is semi normal. Start playing a boogie woogie on the piano (I only play at work when I get frustrated and happens about once a week). Have a couple friends there that would take over on the piano so I could dance with my GF and then propose after we danced.

*Thought is to send her out on a delivery and when she is out have our family’s come in. Get a collage guy to set up “his proposal” with the floor supervisor so we can have her favorite dance song. After my GF is back have get the music playing. No one would dance thinking it was a proposal. Grab my GF's hand dance with her and propose at the end of the song.

*Thought is to work something out with one of the bands. She deals with the bands and I don't know if I would be able to trust any of them. I could give it a try.

coffee

Rough_Rock
I talked to my GF's parents Friday. Her dad has a friend piano teacher. He is going to bring in a couple of his students to my shop so play Tuesday so they can get used to playing in public. Her dad got this set up with her today; she has not told me anything about them coming to play.

I have only texted the teacher a couple times so not much of a plan. He's bringing a couple kids to play. After about 30 minutes he is going to play our song. Then the kids are going to play some rag doll witch is our favorite dance music.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Exciting! Sounds like you are leaning toward #1 with the piano teacher then? I like this one better anyways. Good luck!

coffee

Rough_Rock
Everything worked out great except the timing. When they came in I was roasting my last batch of coffee for the day. One of the kids did not like playing in public and he started to play our song right as I was done bagging up the coffee.

As we were dancing to our song the only employee that know what was about to happen brought out a dozen roses. Everything went great. We danced to rag tunes for about 10 minutes and went back to work.

Her dad setup dinner for all the family tonight.

Her dad got the whole thing on video and the look on her face was 100% shock.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!! Glad everything worked out (mostly) how you wanted it to!

TaylaBrewer

Rough_Rock
Great story, glad it went well and best in luck to your marriage!

jewelryislife

Rough_Rock
Trade
TaylaBrewer|1440093117|3916824 said:
Great story, glad it went well and best in luck to your marriage!

Yup what a wonderful story indeed. Thanks for sharing and you should be grateful :) - These stories don't usually turn out so well ;-) - Cheers!

Joel21

Rough_Rock
That's a wonderful way to propose. Of course you already had your work cut out for you seeing as your girlfriend has seen tons of proposals. And I kind of think that she was hinting when she tried on the ring. Anyway, all's well and I wish you all the happiness.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results