shape
carat
color
clarity

Old cut pears three stone ring made by SK

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on such a perfect ring!!! It's so unique.. so detailed.. it's got it all. :appl: :appl: :appl:

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Yay!!! The ring is finally home on your finger. Looks sooo amazing on you!!! :love: You are one lucky woman.

jbkhere

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all for all the kind thoughts and wishes! Thanks to the mods also. I just realized today that I should have posted this to SMTB instead of RT so thank you for moving for me!

I'm having a hard time keeping from getting distracted. This ring is such a fireball! I'm hoping to be able to spend some time with it tomorrow out in the sun.

Here's a few more pics trying to catch some of the colors I see. Also the side pears....

img_8680.jpg

img_8683.jpg

img_8684.jpg

img_8687.jpg

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This ring is incredible! Is the center pear from Old World Diamonds? Congrats on your new ring.

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
Amazing!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is GORGEOUS!!

I love that SK followed the shape of the stones so closely with his bezels - they're delicate and fluid, and leave all the focus on that rare, beautiful suite of stones :love:

It looks right at home on your finger!! A truly stunning piece of art... ::)

jbkhere

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you lorrissey & ihy138! No, the center is not from OWD, just the side pears. The center belonged to the aunt of a friend of a friend who passed away. I was intrigued the moment I'd heard about it and mentioned it to my husband. ("so and so has an antique cut pear ring - OMG that would be SO amazing someday....")He took care of the rest without me knowing about it! :love: :love:

Thank you Yssie - that was exactly what I was hoping for. I was immediately charmed by the shape of the diamonds. I had had the center temporarily set in a pear solitaire so I could wear it while deciding what I wanted. I hated that the "point" of the setting made the stone look point-y.
SK hit it right out of the park!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS. :love: :love: :love:
I love it on you and it is masterfully done. So elegant and perfect in every way. I love everything about it and am thrilled for you!!! Just beautiful. :love:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I am in love, the pear shape still melts me when I see it well done! :love: :love: :love:

nycspring

Shiny_Rock
It looks fantastic!! What a great idea to bezel a trio of beautiful pears.

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I"m back for more. Can't tell you how much I love this ring! :love: :love: :love:

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Magnificent! I am just in awe! Absolutely gorgeous! I have never seen old cut pears and I am in love. I could stare at this topic all day, admiring your perfectly proportioned diamonds and the detail work on your fantastic setting is fabulous! :love: :love: :love: :love:

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for sharing your story. It is so lovely!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jbkhere|1437127813|3903994 said:
Thank you Yssie - that was exactly what I was hoping for. I was immediately charmed by the shape of the diamonds. I had had the center temporarily set in a pear solitaire so I could wear it while deciding what I wanted. I hated that the "point" of the setting made the stone look point-y.
SK hit it right out of the park!

I really like pear centers in bezels and I totally agree that pears can be hard to prong! The prongs often seem to interrupt the outline and change the shape. The pointy tips, the middle prongs in five-prong settings that can "bulge out" the taper, the end-prong pair on the chubby end that can make the stone look "triangular" instead of rounded... bezels sidestep all of that and SK most definitely hit ours out of the park!! :appl: :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Typo - I would LOVE if it was "ours"!! :bigsmile:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely incredible!!!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful- love it, wear in good health!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your new ring! I love everything about it! It's so Pearfect! Just gorgeous! :love: :love: :love:

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
It's stunning!!! :love:

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The engraving is to DIE for!!!! :love: :love: :love:

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
This is just incredible :love: :love: :love: . Amazing :appl: :appl: :appl:

jbkhere

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all for all your kinds words! I'm truly honored after all my years of admiring all your perfect and inspiring pieces to have my own for me to admire!

Yssie - that was a good typo! Normally I'd be happy to share but this time....... :angel:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jbkhere|1437571976|3906036 said:
Thank you all for all your kinds words! I'm truly honored after all my years of admiring all your perfect and inspiring pieces to have my own for me to admire!

Yssie - that was a good typo! Normally I'd be happy to share but this time....... :angel:

:bigsmile:

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
What lovely stones . . . what a lovely ring. It looks great on your hand.

I am typically not a fan of pear shaped stones but the way your ring is set low and the subtle details causes me to reconsider.
Wear it in good health!

pinkgem2522

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous pear diamond!!! :love:

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's so beautiful! It made my heart pitter patter!!!

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!! :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful! :love: What a miracle to find a pair of antique pear sides that actually were the right size!!!

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1438218397|3908841 said:
So beautiful! :love: What a miracle to find a pair of antique pear sides that actually were the right size!!!

Ditto on finding those rare old cut side stones, thanks to Adam at OWD. Just wanted to add that since visiting the Titanic exhibit in Atlanta a couple of years ago when it was here, been wanting a ring like this. Yours turned out even better than the one in the exhibit because you have those marvelous pear sides.

I know you are enjoying your gorgeous ring. What husband on the planet finds a diamond like that for his wife??? Did you tell him that was what you wanted or did he just surprise you? Those old pear cuts are extremely rare. Is that a flower pattern under the table I'm seeing?

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous ring and pears! I love the detailing on the shank! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results