shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for a kitten in the Connecticut area (Boston okay).

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anyone have a kitten that needs a home in the Connecticut area? I may have one.

Only one home, though.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Re: Looking for a kitten in the Connecticut area (Boston oka

Gypsy|1438057901|3908210 said:
Anyone have a kitten that needs a home in the Connecticut area? I may have one.

Only one home, though.

That little kitten knows a good home when he sees it. :angel:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gypsy,

I have no idea if what I am about to put out there could even work, and how...

I won't even go into the details yet...

But do you think this family would be interested in a kitten from Puerto Rico - who is still in PR.

Obviously this would be way more complicated than something local - but - I told myself that if nobody had responded to your request by today I'd ask.

I just had to.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Isaku. It would be. A great home with my best friend.

CJ-- how would thay work? What would have to happen?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gyspy, that is going to be one lucky kitten who gets adopted by your best friend. There are countless cats who need a good home many at local rescue organizations here in NYC. If it doesn't work out with the kitten CJ is telling you about has your friend visited local rescue organizations near her in Connecticut?

Otherwise I could connect you with the man in charge of the rescue group where I got our cat Bobby. He rescues as many cats and dogs from the shelters where they kill the healthy animals :cry: :cry: :cry: who cannot find homes and that is how we adopted Bobby. The day he was about to be "put down" i.e. murdered for no reason other than there not being enough homes Doug swooped in and saved him and then we adopted him. Here is Doug's Facebook page fyi.
https://www.facebook.com/doug.halsey?fref=ts

Good luck and I hope your friend finds an amazing cat to save to become part of her loving family. :appl: :appl: :appl:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gypsy,

Your post came out of the sky so I have not even fully thought through all that would have to happen...

This is a cat that my DH and I have been talking about saving.

DH's good friend who has family in PR told us about her. She is a cat from a stray cat litter that has been "adopted" by DH's friend's uncle. What I mean by "adopting" is that they have been feeding the whole litter and allowing mom cat to "nest" and care for the kittens on their property.

This kitten stands out...she's the friendliest of the litter...DH's friend was doing work around the house in PR and whenever he would turn around she would be a few feet away, following him...we have a picture of that. ETA I should add that DH's friend said that she does allow herself to be touched...took her a day or so, but she did warm up to him. I know this is important to know.

DH and I haven't been able to stop thinking about her...and what freaked me out about your post is that DH told me a couple of times that maybe we should try to see if we can find her a home here. But I never really started looking, I think I felt like it would be hard to make that happen, most people are not going to want to go through the trouble (like Missy said, and of course I also know, there are so many animals that need help here in the US too.) I have not even wanted to see a picture of her up close for fear of feeling bonded to her and then finding out something happened to her since I won't consider her to be truly safe until she's off the street and inside.

I don't know how much you know about the animal situation in PR, but it's not the same as here...there is no animal control, the vets are few and far in between, and even supplies are not easy to get (there aren't pet stores in every town like there are here). The dog "sato" situation in PR is well publicized (I don't know if you've seen the documentary 100,000" https://vimeo.com/14654773 - and I don't know if you like Caesar Milan but he offers a summary of the situation here: http://www.cesarsway.com/dog-rescue/get-involved/Saving-the-Satos-Stray-Dogs"""""""""""""""") - but the cat situation is probably just as bad (as usualy cats get less attention :(sad

We'd have to explore how to make this happen...

She needs her second round of shots (DH and I paid to have her friend take her to get her first round), she needs to get spayed...

Let's assume your friends want her...

The first question is would it better to get her to them ASAP so she starts bonding with them, and do over in PR only what's necessary for her to be able to fly (e.g., second round of shots, flea bath or whatever else she may need to get the travel certificate.)

And even getting her the second round of shots needs to be coordinated...the vet is far, so it's like an all day thing...we'd have to find someone willing to take her (we have someone in mind DH thinks he could ask).

Then we'd have to actually get the kitten over to your friends...obviously we don't want her flying in the cargo, so a human would have to accompany her...or maybe there are other options I'm not thinking about / not aware of (pet-only airlines, or maybe there's even a service where a human agrees/gets paid to be the companion (not saying this is a good option just brainstorming) or DH goes over there and gets her and does a layover or something in CT).

These are all the things that are running through my mind immediately would have to happen and be arranged...

So...it's a little bit involved...and again I also know there so many kittens here that can be saved...

And even for us, finding her a home in PR would also be easier...we are just not sure we'd be able to find her a home we'd KNOW and could feel 100% peace of mind is good - you being "behind" this is an incentive for us - I know if you say it's a good home, it's a good home.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Missy, I shared the information you posted with my friend. Thank you!

CJ, I don't think that's going to work out in this particular instance. My friends are not in a financial position to fly over a pet from PR. They are considering getting one from here, in CA when they come out to visit though.

There are unfortunately a ton of animals that need homes. I do hope you find her a good home CJ. If I could, and I were in a position to, I would help myself. But I am not right now, I'm sorry.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gypsy, have they tried craigslist? Or local animal control offices? They don't all advertise on petfinder . . . Here's one that does: www.petfinder.com/petdetail/32855707/ I'd suggest calling others directly to see if they have kittens available. Fee is $50, which includes spay/neuter certificate. This is only when adopting directly from town/city.

There are groups that arrange transport from the south too but you usually have to go through local rescue.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gypsy|1438217413|3908838 said:
Missy, I shared the information you posted with my friend. Thank you!

CJ, I don't think that's going to work out in this particular instance. My friends are not in a financial position to fly over a pet from PR. They are considering getting one from here, in CA when they come out to visit though.

There are unfortunately a ton of animals that need homes. I do hope you find her a good home CJ. If I could, and I were in a position to, I would help myself. But I am not right now, I'm sorry.

We were kind of assuming DH and I would be paying for whatever needed to happen, unless your friends wanted to/could help...

I was brainstorming options because I have no idea how much any of this would cost...and I know it may not even be realistic.

I just needed to put it out there because it was such a coincidence, maybe it was one of those things.

But I understand, believe me...

And thank you for the offer to help, Gypsy.

I'll probably just continue to look into the options anyway, this gave me reason to kick it up a notch to figure out how we might get here. Every day that passes that I know she's out there it makes my heart shrink.

I am glad for the lucky kittie that will end up with them. Wish we could save them all.

iLander

Ideal_Rock

IF something doesn't work out with CJ2008, I would suggest https://www.petfinder.com

You can search by location for all species. Most local rescues are registered with them. They even have turtles, bunnies, parrots, etc.

If and when we are ready for another black cat (they are extraordinarily smart) we will start there.

I'm just saying if it doesn't work out with CJ . . .

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks iLander and Missy for looking out for my kittie :)

But I knew it would be so involved to make it happen...like I said it was one of those things I just had to put it out there because you never know...

And so many animals need help here too...I am happy for the one that will be saved.

I'm going to start looking into a good home in PR - there ARE pet lovers out there and people that would provide a good home.

So we will try and see what happens.

iLander

Ideal_Rock

CJ2008|1438278135|3909083 said:
Thanks iLander and Missy for looking out for my kittie :)

But I knew it would be so involved to make it happen...like I said it was one of those things I just had to put it out there because you never know...

And so many animals need help here too...I am happy for the one that will be saved.

I'm going to start looking into a good home in PR - there ARE pet lovers out there and people that would provide a good home.

So we will try and see what happens.

I think you could list him on Petfinder? That might work . . .

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results