shape
carat
color
clarity

I've been keeping a secret...My BGD Tapered Tiffany setting!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: I've been keeping a secret...My BGD Tapered Tiffany sett

I've helped 2 x groups of people in Australia purchase this setting from Brian Gavin and it's lovely - stunningly delicate yet elegant and sturdy at the same time, and very Tiffany like as well IMHO..... I love it with your stone!!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ame, I am so happy for you. That setting is the perfect one for your stone. It allows the beauty of your stone to shine through. It looks incredibly delicate too. I can't wait to see it with the 1.5mm band. I really hope you will wear your ring more now. It's so stunning that you should be able to look at it everyday all day long. In fact I think you should post hand shots once a month to show us you are wearing your beauty. Kudos to BGD to being able to meet your exacting standards. It is so great to work with such an exemplary vendor isn't it? Congratulations! You deserve something this lovely after everything you've been through with your wedding set.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

Thank you ladies! I've been trying to multi quote on my phone and it's not cooperating! I am hacking up a lung in bed so hopefully I'll be back at it here soon!

I think BGD did a great job making the Star the Star of this show! I can't wait to get the smaller band to see how it goes with it. Thanks everyone!

MeganS

Rough_Rock

Gorgeous! Gorgeous! It looks perfect on your hand!!! I can't get enough of all the photos but particularly the hand shots!! Love.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow!!! This is past the point of gorgeous!!! (and with the ame approval, I'm sold!!) ;)) :bigsmile: Seriously, though, I know who much you've gone through with settings and all the horror stories and "redos" that came with them... and I'm soooo happy you've finally got a setting that is exactly what you wanted! It's stellar, really -- solitaire perfection! A big CONGRATS to you, ma'am! :appl: :appl:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

Thank you!!! I've had way too many nightmares and I don't want to have any more!!!

dismom3

Rough_Rock

I love your ring and setting so much. May I ask what the stats/carat weight is?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

dismom3|1420467012|3812047 said:
I love your ring and setting so much. May I ask what the stats/carat weight is?
Thank you!

My stone is a 1.15ct H VS1 Star129.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

After a delightful chase yesterday, I finally was able to get my spacer from the USPS. Here are a few shots in terrible lighting.

1.5mm platinum wire from Jeweler on the Roof. I think the width is great but I'm iffy on the height---thoughts?

imageuploadedbytapatalk1420838266.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1420838282.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1420838298.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1420838353.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

Couple more

imageuploadedbytapatalk1420838500.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1420838517.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1420838526.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1420838534.jpg

Sundial

Ideal_Rock

Seeing your close up pictures the difference in height would kind of bug me, but is it really that noticeable in real life? The width looks great and it seems to be a nice spacer. Have you considered the matching 2 mm band or is that just too wide?

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock

Both bands, the 2mm and the 1.5mm, look great. It is really just a matter of personal preference.
Personally, for me the spacer you have shown would be a bit too low.

I would probably go with a band 1.75mm Wide x 1.75mm High.
Aurum Bay, an Etsy Vendor, has a hand forged platinum band with the measurements listed above: https://www.etsy.com/listing/195289462/hand-forged-950-platinum-thin-slim?ref=favs_view_2

I bet that they could even modify the band to be 1.5 mm Wide and 1.75mm High (or whatever height you desire).

All the best with your decision!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

Actually the 1.5 for me may be too HIGH not too low. I am worried it's going to be hitting the prongs over the donut. But the width I don't mind at all.

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock

I think the height of the 1.5 mm band that you own looks fantastic with your other rings.

Maybe you can order another band in a lower height and compare the two.

Are you still loving your new BGD setting? It is just so lovely!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

I am! I haven't worn my rings a lot lately bec of weather and illness but yes I am

Sundial

Ideal_Rock

Ame I see that there is a beautiful photo of your beautiful ring on Brian Gavin's Facebook page! Are you wearing your wonderful ring?

krimisha

Rough_Rock

ame|1420047076|3810068 said:
kitsunegrl|1420046744|3810066 said:
Your new ring is so beautiful, a testament to just how stellar a solitaire can be! I hope it brings you much joy!

I am so impressed with BGD in every regard. Even my DH was eyeballing my presentation box. He does some close up magic...I told him he could have the next box. Hint, hint! Lol
lol! Looking forward to seeing the contents of said next box ;-)

Thank you! :wavey:

Ame,
The set is beautiful. How many carats is the ER stone?

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock

Perfection! I'm very picky about e-ring and w-bands matching perfectly and your set is spot on!

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock

Nysa|1437697456|3906741 said:
Your new ring is so beautiful, a testament to just how stellar a solitaire can be! I hope it brings you much joy!

I am so impressed with BGD in every regard. Even my DH was eyeballing my presentation box. He does some close up magic...I told him he could have the next box. Hint, hint! Lol

Ame,

She answered this above, the stone is a 1.15ct H VS1 Star129. :bigsmile:

I wanted to chime in to say I love the reset, ame! :love: Your set is actually my inspiration for my own set. Back in the day, after seeing lots of huge diamonds on PS, I asked myself, "What is a reasonable size that will be impressive but not gaudy?" and then I saw your stone on a similar size finger to my own, and I pretty much decided then that I wanted a similar look to yours. :naughty:

angela06

Shiny_Rock

I love your set! I adore BGD's Tiffany setting, and it makes your beautiful diamond pop! :love:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

Sundial|1437662837|3906476 said:
Ame I see that there is a beautiful photo of your beautiful ring on Brian Gavin's Facebook page! Are you wearing your wonderful ring?
Occasionally, yes lol I wear it more with the Kwiat than the Tiffany, of late. The widths go perfectly!

I saw that too, and on their Instagram! :clap: :clap: :dance: :dance: I wore it on mini-vacation with my family, which is why I didn't reply before now, I was out of town to a place with horrific cell service! I would get things loaded up, and then type something and then it would just HANG THERE and never post. :angryfire: :wall:

Ame,
Thank you! It is 1.15cts, H VS1 Star 129, which is a branded specialty super-ideal. Mine's the "old version" of the Star129, cut by the original owners of the brand. I met with the new owner earlier this year, who happened to be one of the original developers though. Pretty nifty!

Orchid Lei|1438043283|3908140 said:
Perfection! I'm very picky about e-ring and w-bands matching perfectly and your set is spot on!
Thank you!

rubybeth|1438091859|3908282 said:

Ame,

She answered this above, the stone is a 1.15ct H VS1 Star129. :bigsmile:

I wanted to chime in to say I love the reset, ame! :love: Your set is actually my inspiration for my own set. Back in the day, after seeing lots of huge diamonds on PS, I asked myself, "What is a reasonable size that will be impressive but not gaudy?" and then I saw your stone on a similar size finger to my own, and I pretty much decided then that I wanted a similar look to yours. :naughty:
Aww, Thank you!!! Sometimes I am like "man, I'd love a honker." And then the rest of the time I am like "why, I never wear this thing!" But it is pretty awesome, proportionally swell, for sure.

And thanks for chiming in. I was out of town and cussing at the horrible cell service there.

angela06|1438117142|3908470 said:
I love your set! I adore BGD's Tiffany setting, and it makes your beautiful diamond pop! :love:
Thank you!!!

RaspberryBliss

Shiny_Rock
HI Ame,

Your ring is beautiful!! I'm looking into having my diamond set into the BGD tapered solitaire setting you have here. I purchased a diamond from BGD several years ago with the intention of having it reset into a more permanent setting. It's currently set in the basic BGD 6 prong setting. You mentioned something about the placement of the culet. Can you tell me more about that? Did you have it set a tad bit higher than they normally do? Also, how high is your ring...from finger to table top? I just want to know what to expect. I don't want it to be too low nor do I want it to look like a skyscraper. Yours looks perfect! Did you have to specify anything else when ordering? I'm quite particular myself. Thank you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results