carat
color
clarity

Ruckus pearls

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
ennui|1437785092|3907130 said:
4Ranch Girl|1437721906|3906854 said:
Saw the August specials at Pearl Paradise already bought mine.

It's not nice to just drop that little comment and disappear! We want details! :naughty:

August special? What is it?
Congrats on your new pearl. Those are from New Zealand right?

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my new strand from the August special :mrgreen: and I am one very happy girl :appl: :appl: :appl:

15-07-22-tahitian5275.jpg

15-07-22-tahitian5283.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1438107709|3908391 said:
Here is my new strand from the August special :mrgreen: and I am one very happy girl :appl: :appl: :appl:
Now, those are what I call Glamour Photos!

I got to see this strand in person, and it is a very, very special strand, put together for a very, very special lady. And, since I got to room with Kay and 4Ranch Girl at the ruckus, I can vouch that the first thing 4Ranch Girl did on Sunday morning, even before getting out of bed, was to open up the photos of this strand on her cell phone and stare at them. To say she is smitten is an understatement! :)) ;))

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Here is a photo (obviously not a glamour shot), of my new pistachio Tahitian round earring drops drying in the PP vault on Sunday. I found the pearls laying on the table, and after inquiring discovered that no one else had purchased them, so they were mine. Credits to Chenai for matching them and laying them out, and to Hisano for making them into earrings for me on the spot Sunday so I could take them home. I'll have more photos later, but I adore these beauties. They have been in my ears both days since I got home from the ruckus on Monday morning.

pistachiodrops_131851.jpg

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Now the unglamor shot :naughty:

img_8789.jpg

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
August preview...get your charge cards ready and many, many more in the vault.

img_8790.jpg

img_8791.jpg

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
My next purchase. I saw this pendent back in 2009 on pg and then in person in 2010 and drooled. The past owner still has several but decided to pass on a couple. I jumped at the chance to get this one because from the first moment I saw it it was on my dream someday list. To say I am thrilled to now have it is a complete understatement. Chosen and purchased in person in New Zealand by GG on the GIA trip from the source of Eyris Pearls.

_32777.jpg

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Couple of my outfits - pearls

11800128_10206337272344025_178215497853129675_n__2_.jpg

_32778.jpg

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Your Eyris pendant is stunning, 4RG! Wow. Since you've thought about it for over five years, it was definitely meant to be yours. :angel:

RE the August special, my credit card told me to ask about the shells. :lol: :lol: Your new strand is beautiful, even in the "un glamor" shot. Love the colors and the smoothness.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl, are your pistachio drops earring charms? In the photo, it looks like they are set with eye pins. I love that soft color, and look forward to more photos!

YC

Brilliant_Rock
4RanchGirl -
That Tahitian strand is a beauty! :love:
The Eyris pendant has such vivid blue/green colours.

FlyGirl, yes please post more close up photos of the pistachios.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
ennui|1438144698|3908578 said:
Fly Girl, are your pistachio drops earring charms? In the photo, it looks like they are set with eye pins. I love that soft color, and look forward to more photos!
Yes, they are earring charms that will hang from small hoops that I already own. I'll try to get the photos up later today or tomorrow.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, that is one killer strand 4 ranch girl. Your other pieces are too. :appl:

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Fly girl, love the studs and SofC bracelet. What else did you get?

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
My goodness, 4Ranch Girl, your strands are all amazing! I love your new tin cups, they are so elegant and, well, amazing. Your new strand looks fabulous, too, I can't wait to see a neck shot.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl|1438188863|3908700 said:
ennui|1438144698|3908578 said:
Yes, they are earring charms that will hang from small hoops that I already own. I'll try to get the photos up later today or tomorrow.

pistachioearshot.jpg

pistachioneckafter.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
NacreLover|1438197998|3908746 said:
Fly girl, love the studs and SofC bracelet. What else did you get?

Thank you, NL. Here are the items you mentioned. I'll try to get up a complete listing later. This picture resizing takes a lot of time. Thank you for getting your photos from the ruckus up so quickly!

What fun we had!! :wavey:

chocearshot_0725.jpg

chocbrace_0704.jpg

socbracelet_0750.jpg

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Natural chocolate? I didn't know they existed, and they are ... scrumptious! :love:

mapo

Shiny_Rock
that is one fantastic Tahitian strand 4RG! :love: Congratulations. It's a beauty. :drool:

Also, flygirl, are chocolate Tahitians rare? I've never seen natural ones before...very cool.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Mapo. I have been told by Josh of Kamoka that yes chocolate are rare in that you will only find a very few in a harvest but the blue body pearls are even more rare than the natural chocolate pearls.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1438271203|3909038 said:
Thank you Mapo. I have been told by Josh of Kamoka that yes chocolate are rare in that you will only find a very few in a harvest but the blue body pearls are even more rare than the natural chocolate pearls.
Speaking of blue bodies, here is a blue body Tahtian casual family shot from the ruckus. At the top are my round blue body Rikitea Tahitians, in the middle are 4Ranch Girl's blue body baroque Tahitians, and at the bottom are Kay's round blue body Rikitea Tahitians. All strands from Pearl Paradise.

The middle strand is the one 4RG showed to Josh Humbert of Kamoka Pearls which amazed him so. It has a removable bracelet. I am so thrilled to own my strand. It was truly a treat to lay it next to the one that inspired its creation.

I did not get a photo of Jeremy's bag of chocolate Tahitians. I got the impression from him that he did not yet have enough for a necklace. His chocolates, however, are round, and not baroque, which probably makes them harder to find. My chocolate earring pearls were darker in color than many of the larger chocolate pearls that he had collected. But, they were indeed all brown, and quite beautiful.

bluebodies_164314.jpg

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh FlyGirl I forgot you took this picture. What an amazing picture it is too!!! Please post it over there :naughty: for all to see :appl: and drool over :dance: :dance: :dance:

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl if you got a pearl out of his desk :clap: :clap: :clap: :dance: :dance: :clap: :clap: :clap: there are only very special ones in there. You are a very lucky girl :appl: :appl: :appl: so your chocolates are special. He usually has a box in the vault of them the natural and dyed. My strand of blues were in a paper sack in the desk as well as the pearl I wore on Sunday.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Another ruckus pearl outfit

image1-2-3.jpg

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Wonderful thread. Thanks, ladies, for sharing with all of us who couldn't attend. Love the little h collection!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Flygirl, I’m glad you got that shot of our blue Tahitians on a play date. Rooming with Fly Girl and 4 Ranch Girl was so much fun – like an adult slumber party.

I did some damage at the Ruckus, but did not get photos of most of my purchases. I will post photos once pieces are set and sent to me. I did pick up 3 lovely strands from the August sale to have combined with a strand that I bought last year and turned into a double rope – 72” of pearly goodness. I expect August to be a busy month at PP!

I do have photos of 2 of my purchases. I have been admiring Hisano’s little h Geode collection for a while. I really wanted a pearl lined with blue and white sapphires. When the little h video was played on Saturday, I spied what I wanted. When we visited PP on Sunday, Hisano had out a wonderful display of her collection. There in that display were 2 gorgeous pendants (2 halves of the same white metallic soufflé pearl) lined with dark blue and white sapphires, with a lovely sprinkling of tiny white seed pearls. :love: I knew one of the pendants had to be mine, so I had my name put on it quickly! After some more shopping for other items, I went back to the little h display for another look at the matching earrings. When I tried them on together, all the enablers in the room encouraged me to get the earrings too, lol. :naughty:

Here are my first pieces from the little h collection:

I also have been wanting to purchase my first golden SS pearl. When 4RG spotted this 14.5 x 17.25 mm GSS drop in Mikeyy’s suitcase Thursday night, she knew it was what I had been looking for and e-mailed me the pictures below. I bought it based on the photos and love it. The pendant is at PP having the top part of the bale modified so I can wear it as an enhancer on my WSS strand. Mikeyy called this pearl the “pineapple.”

In the baggie:

Next to the GSS ring BAS bought from Mikeyy at the last Ruckus:

img_8796.jpg

img_8797.jpg

img_8799.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Kay|1438304148|3909274 said:
Flygirl, I’m glad you got that shot of our blue Tahitians on a play date. Rooming with Fly Girl and 4 Ranch Girl was so much fun – like an adult slumber party.

I have been admiring Hisano’s little h Geode collection for a while. I really wanted a pearl lined with blue and white sapphires. When the little h video was played on Saturday, I spied what I wanted. When we visited PP on Sunday, Hisano had out a wonderful display of her collection. There in that display were 2 gorgeous pendants (2 halves of the same white metallic soufflé pearl) lined with dark blue and white sapphires, with a lovely sprinkling of tiny white seed pearls. :love: I knew one of the pendants had to be mine, so I had my name put on it quickly! After some more shopping for other items, I went back to the little h display for another look at the matching earrings. When I tried them on together, all the enablers in the room encouraged me to get the earrings too, lol. :naughty:

It was a lot of fun! In our defense for enabling the purchase of the earrings, I submit the following evidence. Not only can you wear the little h sapphire and pearl earrings with the matching pendant, they also go beautifully with your stunning Tahitian and South Sea "power" necklace. The size, the color, all perfect.

A very sophisticated look.

starrynight1_151146.jpg

starrynight_151146.jpg

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: And the earrings go with the Rikitea blue body strand and the white south seas Kay. :love: :love:

I have many, many great memories from this years ruckus but some of my favorite and dearest is having FlyGirl and Kay my room mates. Playing with our pearls, being able to be up and personal with such breath taking pearls laying them all out on the bed together. Waking up early or going to bed late talking to the both of you made something wonderful to begin with even better. Thank you :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

I hope we can be room mates again next year.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
A reunion of three of the purloined pearls. My Pendent, Hisano's promise ring from Jeremy and PG admin's special ring.

img_0431.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results