shape
carat
color
clarity

finding shirts

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know you're not looking for pants, but man these are awesome - the thicker waist band, and the genie is not MC Hammer-ish, it's more flattering than a similar RBX brand pair I have, and the waist is more comfy.
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/zella-inspire-capris/3593846?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=2375500&fashionColor=&resultback=656

I am apple shaped, so I like tops that flare out at the bottom, and black side panels create an illusion of a waist for me. A few years ago, when peplum flarey typed tops were sold everywhere, I went hog wild purchasing lol.
This is something I bought a few weeks ago with the black side panels.
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/caslon-drape-neck-zip-cardigan-regular-petite/3512462

A good bra is important. I like lined cups. If I enhance the girls, then the "apple core" looks a tad smaller. :)
I usually buy a lot of Vanity Fair bras from Macy's, but this Nordstrom anniversary sale, I got two Natori bras - Hidden Glamour and contour something?

My legs are shapely and slim in relation to the rest of me, so I find that fitted jeans look good. BUT sometimes when jeans fit the apple core, they don't fit the legs. From Ame's description, she is similarly apple shaped, so when she suggests something, I usually check it out, such as the Wit and Wisdom jeans.

I also tried the Hue jeggings, and I found them even more comfy than the Wit and wisdom jeans (this is based off a quick try on/off) because there are no zippers and buttons to contend with. They run a size small. THe waist didn't create a muffin top, and the legs were fitted on me. I liked the faux pockets, and zipper and button. http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/hue-super-smooth-denim-leggings/4005924?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=Cast+Iron+Wash&resultback=339

I think clean bling also helps detract from the apple core. If people are looking at your sparkling earrings, necklace, ring, watch, they won't notice how your shirt is fitting :lol:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am definitely an apple. A robust honeycrisp apple.

I have found a bunch of "what works" and I basically cling to a uniform. I have been trying to get out of that constantly boring thing. One of the biggest issues I have with shirts is not "skintightness" or even issues in the boobs, it's shoulder tightness and overall garment length. Nothing is ever long enough because it has to fit over my lovely lady lumps and the foodbaby.

I do have a few cute things from Boden as well. They have a boho embroidered tank top that I just bought--it's navy and has basically my entire color palette in the embroidery. I really love it. I have another tank top that's long discontinued as well that I really wish they still had in other patterns so I could get another.

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Tops-T-shirts/Long-Sleeved-Tops/WL929/Womens-Boho-Embroidered-Top.html
I got that in an 18 just in case it shrunk in the wash and it's perfect in length so I hang it. It's a big big in the body though. I LOVE it. Like...so much I might buy a second just in case. Wait for a good sale of 20% off or something.

Wit and Wisdom (the Absolution itty bitty ones I got a 14 in, and they're even a tad loose, they're awesome vs my 16s from last year), Kut from the Kloth (SOME of them, I deeply miss the ones I bought several years back), NYDJ (some) are often cut straight in the waist in a way that will work with an apple. This year's NYDJ I didn't like, at least not vs the Wits-I bought 3 or 4 of those Wits. Now...every damn pair of pants will go right under my food baby, so there's not much I can do, but they don't go IN at the waist area and that's what matters. I basically stick to "mid rise" at best. Nothing that goes above my belly button because what the hell is the point. I just bought some Eloquii Kady pants--they're "ankle" pants, but I bought the 31s and had them hemmed to 30 because they would be perfect length for me to wear with almost everything as normal floor length pants. I got one pair of 29s because that color was out in a 31 and those I can wear with flats and not look like an idiot. Then again, I don't care if I wear them with my converse and look like I am wearing floods lol. They'll drop below my foodbaby and be normal length in an hour anyway. I bought a 16 in those.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooo I really like that top you just posted, and it's not super printy either, so it won't compete w/my tattoos.

I'm not sure what shape I am. I've never been a true say, hourglass, but I wasn't straight up and down either. I used to wear girls shorts b/c they didn't make them (back in the day *cough cough*) small enough for me in most stores, so I would use a belt to pull the waist in a little bit. I'm short and..stocky I guess. If I lost all the weight I'd be a muscle-y little thing-even at my leanest, when I had a six pack, I was never "skinny", I've always been muscular-bigger thighs/calves/upper arms etc. Now I feel like I'm more straight up and down b/c my sides/stomach have expanded (along w/everything else).

I got my Nordstrom shirts today...I ordered the Petite size b/c I'm so short, sometimes the shoulder seams are half way down my arm instead of where they're supposed to be. They fit but I think they might be a little short for me. I'd not have thought I had a long torso for a shortie, but maybe I should've ordered the regular size to get the extra 1-2" length. Shoot. They do look pretty nice otherwise tho.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
packrat|1438120071|3908485 said:
Ooo I really like that top you just posted, and it's not super printy either, so it won't compete w/my tattoos.

I'm not sure what shape I am. I've never been a true say, hourglass, but I wasn't straight up and down either. I used to wear girls shorts b/c they didn't make them (back in the day *cough cough*) small enough for me in most stores, so I would use a belt to pull the waist in a little bit. I'm short and..stocky I guess. If I lost all the weight I'd be a muscle-y little thing-even at my leanest, when I had a six pack, I was never "skinny", I've always been muscular-bigger thighs/calves/upper arms etc. Now I feel like I'm more straight up and down b/c my sides/stomach have expanded (along w/everything else).

I got my Nordstrom shirts today...I ordered the Petite size b/c I'm so short, sometimes the shoulder seams are half way down my arm instead of where they're supposed to be. They fit but I think they might be a little short for me. I'd not have thought I had a long torso for a shortie, but maybe I should've ordered the regular size to get the extra 1-2" length. Shoot. They do look pretty nice otherwise tho.
I'm 5'3 and I never order petite tops. I like the extra length too (and I must have a long torso). I'll all over the petite bottoms though!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Goh dangit, I knew I shoulda gone regular size. I'll have to see if they have them in stock still.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FYI the Pleione shirts in the anniversary sale are very long. They usually indicate the length. If the Pleione petite shirts are longer than what you got in the mail, I'd give the Pleione petites a shot.

I'm 5'1" and usually regular shirts fit me, but the Pleione... Not long enough to be a dress, but too long as a shirt lol.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is what i got: http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/halogen-relaxed-slub-knit-u-neck-tee-regular-petite/4087796?origin=category-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=White&resultback=440

the regular and petite are 2 whole inches in length different. That's a lot. They still have the two colors I ordered so I will see about returning. And not doing petite, maybe they have other colors too that I like-it really is a nice little tshirt and I could wear it w/jeans or skirts, pretty much everything.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results