shape
carat
color
clarity

The Forum Engagement Ring Folder/Eye Candy

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stalecupcake please start a thread in SMTB on your gorgeous ring!! I know you are a little busy hiking, we wouldn't want you to trip or anything :o . Congrats!!

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock

Sachsensox

Rough_Rock
Hi guys! Not engaged nor will ever be! Not a fan of legal marriage after dealing with boyfriend's awful divorce. But that doesn't stop me from loving jewelry! This is my right hand ring that is a reset of my grandmas diamond. 2.61ct. Not sure about the stats. Visible inclusion and some color to her. But I love her flaws. She's firey! Love the idea of an e/w oval and I love bezels. Also wanted it to be as low profile as possible. It's very wearable. The other pic is a few of my fav stackers. Thx for letting me share!

_32742.jpg

_32743.jpg

_32744.jpg

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous reset of your grandma's diamond and I LOVE your stackers!! :love: :love:

Tell us more about your stackers and who did your reset? The halo is lovely.

And you definitely do not need to be married to enjoy and wear gorgeous rings and jewelry!! :sun:

dsp101

Rough_Rock
Baby_bear111|1437789206|3907163 said:
Hi all. I'm so excited to show my ering here!!!

YOU GLOW GIRL! Nice rock! How many ct is that? Do you know any of the other diamond specs?

Sachsensox

Rough_Rock
Thanks JDDN! Jacques Mouw in Beverly Hills did the reset about 5 years ago. I knew what I wanted, he made sure it was done well. I did freak out about a week after dropping it off as I was worried it would look too masculine E/W. He assured me it wouldn't. He also sent it back to his goldsmith twice to make sure it was set as slow as possible. I'm now considering replacing the center stone with a Ceylon Sapphire and doing something different with grandma's stone. Just not sure what yet. ;-)

As for the stackers... Well, I know my way around the LA jewelry district! Most are from there. There are a few gals with great stackers (and prices). Thanks for letting me share!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sachsensox- I chuckled when I read that you freaked out about it possibly looking masculine in the east/west orientation because I almost had an e-ring made with an oval in the east/west position. When I received the CADs I completely freaked out because it looked like a giant mood ring! So I nixed the whole ring and started over, lol. It's so pretty and a ceylon sapphire would be so gorgeous in it too. I love the oval diamond in the setting, but a girl has to mix things up sometimes, right?

And again, I looove your stackers. I think the next time I'm in LA I should make a stop in the diamond district. :naughty:

Stalecupcake

Rough_Rock

This is a beauty! What are your ring's stats and your ring finger? That must be at least 5 carats!!! I love it!!

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
Stalecupcake|1438925126|3912070 said:

This is a beauty! What are your ring's stats and your ring finger? That must be at least 5 carats!!! I love it!!

Post by Baby_bear111 » July 25th, 2015, 9:27 am

Thanks all!!! It's almost a 2.6ct xxx G vs2. Classic knife edge 6 prong from a local jeweler, platinum. Ring size 3.5. :love:

I'm still in shock!

Somebody thought it was a moissanite :wall:

mystiqkal

Shiny_Rock
here's mine (the diamond is an upgrade and the setting is a replica of my first setting)! hubby custom designed it. Our jeweler liked the design so much, he asked if we would be ok with him making another one, changing it up a little bit so that we'd still have a one of a kind ring though...

2.75 cushion brilliant 8-main, perfect square ex/ex, G color

img_8775_0.jpg
img_87651.jpg

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Victor Canera Trilogy EC 2.0 ct. K IF

img_8986.jpg

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Mayk!!! Perfection!!! Love it!!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
laurenk|1439810142|3915499 said:
Mayk!!! Perfection!!! Love it!!

Thank you

MeganS

Rough_Rock
GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS rings everyone!!! I must say though, picture-wise, wingsofsteel, first photo I was thought to myself, "another beautiful ring", then as I scroll down and that second photo....it's like it slapped me in the face and I thought, "HOLY CRAP!!!!" lol that sparkle and finger coverage!!!! You did such a good job catching the fire!!! :love:

wingsofsteel|1438904003|3911993 said:
Finally put mine up here. Fiance designed himself!!

wingsofsteel

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much megans! I was truly surprised when he proposed. Was not expecting such a ring. You told me you wanted me to love the one that I got pretty much forever and I absolutely do! As for fire, it is so hard to take pictures of my ring since it looks like rock candy and is so sparkly but here is a good one!

2015-08-19_06.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What did you decide on a band wingsofsteel?

wingsofsteel

Rough_Rock
Fiance wants me to get two eternity bands with the same size diamonds as the ones in my ering. I think they are 1 pointers. Haven't tried any on yet. Wedding is in march, but I will post pics when I try some on!!

soissons

Rough_Rock
Hello! First time posting here, but I have always looked around these forums. Just got married 12 days ago!

1.11 ct OEC diamond, K color, VS1, in a custom platinum band. Wedding band is a platinum matte platinum band from Satomi Kawakita. Size 4.25

img_1391.jpg

fullsizerender_5_1.jpg

img_1421.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
soissons - what a gorgeous set. PLEASE create a dedicated thread about it!!!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Soissons - It's lovely!! Would love to see some profile pictures of the gallery.

The whole set looks perfect on your hand!

A SMTB thread would be great if you have the time! :sun:

soissons

Rough_Rock
Thank you motownmama and JDDN! Will do!

My husband and I fell in love with OECs after finding out about them. We never heard of the cut until we started looking almost 2 years ago. The diamond he chose dates from the 1920-30s, so I wonder where this diamond might have been before!

Here are some side views:

fullsizerender_9_0.jpg

fullsizerender_11_0.jpg

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How special that you both share a love of OEC's!

The setting is so beautiful. It's sparkly yet in an elegant understated way. Allows the lovely center stone to be the star!

I also love how low profile it is. Just beautiful!! And congratulations on your new marriage!!

soissons

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your kind words, JDDN! We are still in cloud 9. :love:

Diamondz1

Shiny_Rock
Soissons - wow, lovely! I love the setting you chose for your stone, is it Satomi Kawakita as well? I've been planning on a plain platinum wedding band and might have to steel your "matte" platinum idea ; ) I'll pile onto the calls for a STMB thread if you have more pictures : )

soissons

Rough_Rock
Hi Diamondz1! My engagement ring is not a Satomi, but wow is her engagement collection beautiful! My ring was custom made by a local jeweler in Austin, TX.

Satomi Kawakita has a wonderful selection of bands, and I love her organic design. Her studio also has great client service! My band is the R2104 style in platinum. I like that it is simple, but has character!

Diamondz1

Shiny_Rock
Soisson, I wouldn't have thought to consider this style of wedding band but, that's what I love so much about this forum. You wear it so beautifully that I'm suddenly like, hm... :D So, thank you for sharing!

And it looks like your local jeweler does great work. I love the low-set OEC, milgrain and double claw prongs. It's finely detailed but subtle at the same time. Well done!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results