shape
carat
color
clarity

Pearl Paradise July Clearance Sale

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Looks like you both wound up with nice pearls. You can't go wrong with PP!

urseberry

Brilliant_Rock
I bought a 9.0 - 10.0 white baroque freshwater bracelet, intending it to be a birthday gift for a friend. Then I found out that she doesn't wear bracelets, so I planned on to returning it. When the pearls arrived last week, though, they were so beautiful that I decided to keep them for myself. The bracelet was such a good price too, only $70 because of the sterling silver clasp.
4910_1_.jpg
img_20150716_195859.jpg
img_20150716_195822.jpg
img_20150716_195739.jpg

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
It's a very pretty bracelet! The pearls look so smooth ...

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful bracelet, and a very good deal!

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
urseberry, A lovely bracelet, such a cool chunky look!

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Who ever purchased: 11.5-12.5 mm White Freshwater Pearl Necklace from the PP sale will please post pictures. :love: :love:
4913_1_.jpg

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
urseberry: Your bracelet is amazing. I was tempted by the baroque freshwater rope, but at 37 inches, I was afraid it would be too heavy for me, since the pearls are 9-10 mm, and my 8 mm 36 inch rope feels really heavy.

I wasn't going to buy anything, and then I got tempted by the Vietnamese blue baroque akoyas. I was curious how they would compare to my silver blue baroque akoyas. Wow, no comparison. The orient is amazing, and the deep blue with bright pink flashes is mesmerizing. I'll have to post photos later as it's storming right now and I have no decent lighting.

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
Top row, my new Vietnamese blue baroque akoyas from the PP clearance sale.
Middle row, my silver blue akoyas from PP earlier this year.
Bottom row, my natural white 8mm Hanadamas from PP earlier this year.

img_2137_0.jpg

They are much bluer with lots of rose overtones than the photo even shows.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I'm working on sorting my 2015 ruckus photos, but I want to relate one story I heard about an item in the clearance sale. I was asking about the history of the 21-inch graduated white freshwater drop necklace in the sale, because I picked one up for my mother during the pre-Christmas 2014 sale. When the strand arrived, I was pleasantly surprised at how incredibly fine the luster and overtones were. In fact, they were comparable to the freshadama strand that I had purchased a couple of months before for my son's bride. And, here is what I was told.

Apparently, a Chinese pearl seller had thousands of these drop strands that he was selling to a well-known jewelry store chain. (Hint - Name begins with "T".). The jewelry chain wanted to keep the quality similar in all of the strands it was purchasing, and apparently, there were a couple of hundred strands that were not accepted, because the strands were too lustrous. So, PP snapped them up for their sale. Add some simple silver toggle clasps, and you have an amazing strand of pearls at an excellent price point that is better in quality than the strand you would pay far more for at this major jewelry store.

Yep, the strands were too nice for T, but you can get them on clearance at PP.

It's always fun to learn a bit more about the providence of my pearls. :))

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it-- what a great story!

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
I always love the information you pickup and share FlyGirl.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
BWeaves|1438007063|3907912 said:
Top row, my new Vietnamese blue baroque akoyas from the PP clearance sale.
Middle row, my silver blue akoyas from PP earlier this year.
Bottom row, my natural white 8mm Hanadamas from PP earlier this year.

img_2137_0.jpg

They are much bluer with lots of rose overtones than the photo even shows.

WoW BWeaves, you have been busy shopping. They are all lovely please post neck shots.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the back story, Fly Girl. I suppose any large retailer has to strive for consistency over all locations, so that's great for the small shops. I wish I needed more white pearls.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
You are most welcome, pearlsngems, Frost Me, and ennui.

I do know the difference between provenance and providence, even if my spell-checker is confused. I love knowing the provenance of my pearls, but in this case, it was certainly providence that led me to them.

My mom is so thrilled to have them. Her only strand of (imitation) pearls wore out years ago.

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
REPORT CARD for PP 17 inch Vietnamese 9 mm blue baroque akoya necklace.

GRADE: Satisfactory.

COMMENTS: Plays well with others.

(The lighting is bathroom lighting because it's been storming for days and I can't get any natural light.)

First up, playing by itself:

img_2150.jpg

Next up, nesting with the 18 inch silver blue 10 mm baroque akoya necklace:
They don't match at all, but I kinda like the look.

img_2152.jpg

Now, playing with my 16 inch 7 mm akoya choker and my 18 inch 6 mm Blue Lagoon strand:
This is a very comfortable combination.

img_2155.jpg

Linking up with the silver blue baroque strand:
The ball clasps are different sizes, but the hook part is the same size, so I can daisy chain them together.
I thought this would look weird, but I kinda like it.

img_2157.jpg
img_2156_0.jpg

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty, BWeaves. I love them on their own and I also really like them as a rope, with your other blues.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results