shape
carat
color
clarity

Ladies, have you ever received jewelry compliments..

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
from a guy?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I have! Just the other day the clerk in the grocery store commented on how 'sparkly' my stone was! I've had men that I know comment on it but this was so random - I would have never thought he would have noticed!

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
I have a few times. Don't really like it. :/

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1437915124|3907640 said:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/have-you-ever-received-a-nice-compliment-about-your.203193/?hilit=Compliment

;-)
That was one yr ago... :tongue:

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If questions or comments about diamond size count as 'compliment', then yes. I think mainly they want to figure out how much the center stone in the e-ring cost. LOL

Anne

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes...the guy who does my nails compliments on my ER, he even apologized a few weeks ago because he verbalizes it's beauty so often saying it's the most beautiful he has seen. I just started a new job this past week and 2 male doctors I am training under complimented, one of them says he worked in a jewelry store when he was young and hasn't seen an OEC. One of them asked "how I tolerate wearing it because it looks heavy", he asked how big it is too!

_367.jpeg

_368.jpeg

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes! Actually, I was at a friend's last night and her boyfriend commented on the size of my stone. I think he's feeling the pressure to propose, so I figured he was trying to get a sense of what size diamond his girlfriend might be expecting.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bright ice|1437951273|3907778 said:
Yes...the guy who does my nails compliments on my ER, he even apologized a few weeks ago because he verbalizes it's beauty so often saying it's the most beautiful he has seen. I just started a new job this past week and 2 male doctors I am training under complimented, one of them says he worked in a jewelry store when he was young and hasn't seen an OEC. One of them asked "how I tolerate wearing it because it looks heavy", he asked how big it is too!

BrightIce I would love to see more pictures of your gorgeous ring! I remember when you got engaged and we saw a couple but then no more! Please indulge us - so nice to see you here again!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Brightice's ring is as close to perfection as it gets. I know, I saw it! :love: :love: :love:

But my answer is no, a man never has really complimented me on jewelry. I have had a few female store clerks compliment my e-ring, though. I think it is because your hands are right in front of them paying and they see it so easily. I usually remove my rings before a manicure because I don't want lotion rubbed all over them!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Yes during a wine tasting class on a cruise a man complimented me on my halo pendant. His wife was right there so I was perfectly fine with it. Because the pendant has a one carat center with larger halo stones it is pretty noticeable.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
A few times randomly from young men that seemed to be thinking of proposing or leaning in that direction. I've been complimented then asked where I got my ring from.
I've also had a few men in our social or family circle comment, but less complimenting and more trying to determine how much we might have paid. Oh, and two of them usually remind their wives not to get any BIG ideas. :angryfire: The irony is that I really don't regularly wear a large ring of the PS kind and certainly not PS calibre....yet! Hmmmn, I guess all of the beautiful jewelry of PS members is inspirational and has given me lots of big ideas! :lol: Luckily my husband likes seeing me enjoy something I love!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes several times. Once was really weird. I was waiting to pick up take out from a local restaurant. Another guy also waiting goes, "that's huge!" It was actually quite embarrassing. I think it was the way h said it. Like I was an alien or I was carrying a very unpleasant disease...

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Quite a few times. I actually wear less jewelry because of this.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I went out with my husband to a Vietnamese restsaurant, and the guy bringing me my pho almost dropped the bowl, and said: "Your ring is blinding me!"

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jaysonsmom|1440007118|3916429 said:
Yes, I went out with my husband to a Vietnamese restsaurant, and the guy bringing me my pho almost dropped the bowl, and said: "Your ring is blinding me!"
Then you tell him to be sure to wear his sunglasses the next time when he serve you.. :sun: :wink2:

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I have, for a pair of amethyst earrings. A man commented that they were gorgeous, and exactly what he wanted for his wife.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love the look on women's faces when I mention something about the stones in their jewelry. First it's usually a look of confusion as it's not something you would expect to hear from a guy that looks like Metallica's roadie. Then it's followed closely by an irrational fear of me robbing them, and lastly disbelief that a guy like me is a gem geek :lol:

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
jordyonbass|1440034346|3916583 said:
I love the look on women's faces when I mention something about the stones in their jewelry. First it's usually a look of confusion as it's not something you would expect to hear from a guy that looks like Metallica's roadie. Then it's followed closely by an irrational fear of me robbing them, and lastly disbelief that a guy like me is a gem geek :lol:

That is awesome!

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
Yes. A couple of my guy friends have complimented my ering because it's not what they expect. It's a ruby.

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
jordyonbass|1440034346|3916583 said:

Love it!!!!

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes,
The comment was 'Wow that's sparkly, is it new?'
I felt embarrased, but only because I was in work at the time. When working I tend not to wear much, if any jewellery as I don't want to distract from my job.

nycspring

Shiny_Rock
I used to help my parents at the register of their store on Saturdays, and when I got engaged and started wearing a ring, I'd get multiple compliments a day (I loved that :naughty: ). And the compliments were more often from men than women! One male customer said, 'don't show that to my wife'! And another regular customer would compliment me every time he saw me. It made it a lot more fun to work on my day off. :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results